REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 05-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #51
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro View Post
I'm still working on my body position as i ride, but it's tough to do that kind of stuff on the streets. the only place i can really have some fun is cypress or seymour mtn. i've been told to shift my ass more and try to plant my face to the mirror for a better angle. for some reason, can't get the knee down even though i had only 1-2mm of 'chicken strip' left on my rear tire last year (not the smartest thing to do on the streets, that's for sure).
Yeah, I used to do it at cypress/seymour runs. Not a very good idea at all. haha. If you can't get your knee down but your strips are almost non-existant, your not hanging off the bike and your bike is leaned too far over. Your dangerously close to lowsiding if you hit a patch that doesn't have much traction. Those vids are pretty good, especially the last one on how and why you should hang off the bike. Heres some tips to help you out

-Ass off the seat, ideally you want at least your ass-crack to be off the seat, but it should be where 1/2 of your 1 cheek is touching the seat while the other cheek is completely off.

-Balls of your feet on the pegs

-As for where to look, look around your mirror but your head position would be on the outside part of your mirror.

-As you enter the turn, weight on the inside peg, as you exit and accelerate, weight on the outside peg.

-Shoulder should be in line with your knee.

-Loosen up your arms!!

-Don't sit right up against the tank, sit in the middle of the seat, you will actually see the taller riders have their ass scoot near the back of the seat.

What you should do is what they did in those vids. Have your bike on stands and have a buddy help keep the bike stable as you practice hanging off the bike. It helps to know how it feels. If I think of what else I'll post it

SuperSlowSS - Nice finds on those vids
Advertisement
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote