REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #101
Banned (ABWS)

2008 or 2009? The cadillac I drove was also a manual 6-speed CTS DI. I would rather have a 2008 BMW 328i than a 2008 Cadillac CTS. I don't think it's insane for me to say so.
Advertisement

Last edited by Kang19; 03-20-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Kang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #102
My homepage has been set to RS

its not insane at all considering the 3 is the bench mark. if other cars are as good thats cool but it doesnt make liking the 3 more a weird thing.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #103
Banned (ABWS)

CarAndDriver.com takes the 2008 328i over the 2009 CTS-DI. Are they insane too?
Kang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:01 AM   #104
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
^ they do, but as soon as that interior pic popped up I thought "hey nice Genesis coupe.....wait what?"

Damn they look the freaking same other than one having 3 gauges and one has 2...

No the interior doesn't stack up.
Out of all the cars to compare, you chose the bimmer's interior. bmw's are known for their ugly interiors compared with other german manufactures. But then i guess your trying to make a point, the ugliest german is still better than the prettiest american. =D
fetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:05 AM   #105
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Motortrend named the Cadillac car of the year, not the BMW.

Personally I'd put more trust on the opinion of a professional car magazine over some dude on Revscene (Kang)
The E90 3 Series, which is the current one on the market, was named World Car of the year in 2006. If your comparing the new Cadillac to the out dated 3 series, I believe most people would still pick the out dated 3 series, as many journalist will as well.
fetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #106
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fetched View Post
The E90 3 Series, which is the current one on the market, was named World Car of the year in 2006. If your comparing the new Cadillac to the out dated 3 series, I believe most people would still pick the out dated 3 series, as many journalist will as well.
Regardless, the original comment was:

"Find me a domestic car that actually competes with a BMW or an Audi "

Clearly there is, the accolades prove it.

But if those people want to live in a shroud of ignorance, then so be it.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #107
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
The Celica... then they kinda went downhill when Toyota changed it to FWD... Toyota did at one time build products I would buy, in the 90's they had 3 sports cars (Alltrac, MR2, Supra) in their lineup not counting the Lexus SC.

There's a lot of misconception in this thread, the Vibe and Matrix have similar resale prices and domestics don't do fleet sales to rental companies anymore (the past 3-4 years I rented a car, I was given a Camry, Hyundai, Volvo and an X3). Since GM has pulled out of rental cars, Toyota has taken over that spot, go have a look at the cars that Hertz has to offer, take a drive to the airport car rentals and see for yourself. I'm taking a drive to California next month and I hope I get the Chevy Malibu that I booked instead of another Camry. I just want to see how GM has improved cuz I could tell how Toyota has cut corners. In a Camry with 300kms, I can see parts of the dash starting to peel up, parts of the interior just seem unfinished, etc...
sorry to let you know but domestics still do fleet sales to rental car companies. the cars i get for my customers range from domestics to nissans, mazdas, and toyotas. It really depends what the rental car companies want to buy or negotiate.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #108
racing & tech mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanEvoVII View Post
sorry to let you know but domestics still do fleet sales to rental car companies. the cars i get for my customers range from domestics to nissans, mazdas, and toyotas. It really depends what the rental car companies want to buy or negotiate.
Ford has scaled back it's rental fleet sales DRASTICALLY. Yes Ford still supplies some rentals, but the majority of them are now Econolines, whereas the majority used to be medium-large sedans.

Toyota has essentially picked up that ball, and will have similar experiences with product depreciation as their ex-rentals start hitting the auction blocks.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #109
Banned (ABWS)

This guy I know choose the CTS-V over an AMG C63. And hes never been more happier.

Slalom, skidpad, 1/4mile, 0-60 times are better than any of the German rivals be it M3, M5, M6, AMG.
kc1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #110
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
noo.. please stay GM!!

I actually like the corvette, even though i wouldn't buy it if i have the money.. unless i'm a billionair! ahah

but seriously.. corvette is the gtr killer.. with that gone.. gtr fanboys would be jumping
Its not only about track times, trust me if you are given a GT-R and a Corvette to drive on the track, you would achieve much faster times with the GT-R. Truth of the matter is, unless you're the stig the Corvette is either going to kill you when you try to push it or you will too scared shitless. Not to mention you also get a bumper on the GT-R that doesn't bend from me leaning into it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 View Post
Problem Fucken solved:
http://www.carcomplaints.com/

thats the mainsite

heres the cars now tell me how many are domestic and how many are imports?
below are the worst:

http://www.carcomplaints.com/worst_complaints.shtml

http://www.carcomplaints.com/top_vehicles.shtml

why would you get something with bad rep?
Except you dont have a sample size, its just submitted by people. There could've been 3213214214 hondas sold and 3000 reported problems. And 23123 fords and 4000 reported problems. Data is useless without a sample size.

Quote:
*cough*

"The CTS-V achieved a lap time of 7:59.32 at the famed Nürburgring Nordschleife, which is the fastest documented time for a production sedan on factory tires."

No, doesn't even compare at all....
lol @ factory tires, that has gotta be the most dictionary copy and past comment lol. The BMWs use off the shelf PS2s. The Cadillac on the other hand uses special patterned and compound PS2s made specifically for the CTS-V. Incase you dont know the PS2s are also found on pretty much an coupe/sedan BMW has to offer. So if you gave the M5 better tires as stock equipment i'm sure it would out lap the CTS-V

Quote:
Regardless, the original comment was:

"Find me a domestic car that actually competes with a BMW or an Audi "

Clearly there is, the accolades prove it.

But if those people want to live in a shroud of ignorance, then so be it.
Lolololol being in the competition IE price range doesn't make it a competitor. Sorry when i look at cars i look at the FOCUS of the car. In Domestics such as the corvette, its all about the straight line speed, the interior is shit, the trim is crap and every piece of that body feels like plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1337 View Post
This guy I know choose the CTS-V over an AMG C63. And hes never been more happier.

Slalom, skidpad, 1/4mile, 0-60 times are better than any of the German rivals be it M3, M5, M6, AMG.
I'd trade some laptime and straight line for some nice interior and a SICK devillish look.
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #111
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Wow, and the thread is officially revived.

Maybe I'm just oldschool, but after having domestics for 25 years in the family growing up and watching car after car die on us (our record is 140000km), both my sister and I picked up imports as our 1st cars. Sure dumb things have broken here and there, but unlike pretty much every domestic we've had, these ones so far haven't left us stranded on the road repeatedly.

Mind you, I'm only at 88000km right now, so only time will tell. Ask me in a few years. Personally I've sworn off domestics. It took a long time patience to push me over the edge, but now that it's happened, it'll take a while to convince me back, even if their domestics are now 100% reliable. I will admit I am extremely biased against domestics right now, and unless that changes, GM and Chrysler are not getting another dime from me. It's all about perception.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #112
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
*cough*

"The CTS-V achieved a lap time of 7:59.32 at the famed Nürburgring Nordschleife, which is the fastest documented time for a production sedan on factory tires."

No, doesn't even compare at all....
the fastest production sedan now belong to the Panamera
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #113
Banned (ABWS)

needs good reliability through data or word of mouth
needs good resale value even if i dont plan on selling
needs to look good
needs luxury features. powered everything. sunroof. a/c. cd mp3 radio
needs powerful engine w/ good efficiency
needs to be safe
needs to cheap

but u know that's a lot of work.

just word of mouth and something that everybody already has or want is enough for the purchase
fishing666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #114
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post

lol @ factory tires, that has gotta be the most dictionary copy and past comment lol. The BMWs use off the shelf PS2s. The Cadillac on the other hand uses special patterned and compound PS2s made specifically for the CTS-V. Incase you dont know the PS2s are also found on pretty much an coupe/sedan BMW has to offer. So if you gave the M5 better tires as stock equipment i'm sure it would out lap the CTS-V

Lolololol being in the competition IE price range doesn't make it a competitor. Sorry when i look at cars i look at the FOCUS of the car. In Domestics such as the corvette, its all about the straight line speed, the interior is shit, the trim is crap and every piece of that body feels like plastic.

I'd trade some laptime and straight line for some nice interior and a SICK devillish look.
What do you base the M5 with better tires out lapping the CTS-V on the nurburgring on? It's almost 15 seconds slower as is. The difference between the 997 Turbo and GT2 is less than 10 seconds... For some reason an equivalent tire would improve the M5 that much?

Lol corvette is all about straight line speed? You need to get out more my friend

Are you saying the C63 has a nicer interior than the CTS-V? if so

Oh and BTW thanks for bumping an ancient thread
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #115
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
it's still 9 months later, and anyone who thinks the cadillac has an inferior interior is clearly a moron.

sat in my friends 335i the other day, and it didn't compete, and i sat in his brothers new a4 and it doesn't even come close.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
What do you base the M5 with better tires out lapping the CTS-V on the nurburgring on? It's almost 15 seconds slower as is. The difference between the 997 Turbo and GT2 is less than 10 seconds... For some reason an equivalent tire would improve the M5 that much?

Lol corvette is all about straight line speed? You need to get out more my friend

Are you saying the C63 has a nicer interior than the CTS-V? if so

Oh and BTW thanks for bumping an ancient thread
Have you ever driven on the PS2s? they are NOTHING for any performance car. I don't think it will give it the 14s it needs but i can be hopeful on that. When i meant the Corvette is for straight line speed, i meant the people who buy them are really looking for that. Sure it can handle but as the Stig demonstrated most people that are non professional won't be able to throw it around a track like that. And interiors aren't only about feel and look its also about the experience of being inside. The fucking bonging sound on that caddy is annoying at best and the in dash they used looks like it came out of a fisher price toy. Sorry i'm still going to say the C63 Amg interior is better

Not to mention the Cadillac that pulled the 7:59 is also the 09 model with a much bigger engine, 6.2L supercharged V8. If you want to be fair about it compare the current M5 which is going to be replaced soon with the 1st gen Cadillac CTS-V, oh woops those didn't even make it on the fastest times board The new M5 is coming 2011 or end of 2010 so we'll see then
Old 12-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #117
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Japan has strict import laws on foreign cars that makes selling NA cars there very difficult. This is unfair trade practice where Japan can sell cars here easily and we cannot sell there.
ok I don't understand this part, and I hear this all time how Japan has some rules not to sell American cars.

But when I visited Japan, I saw a lot of BMW, Jaguar, Ferrari, Mercedes, and some Lambos.
Not many American cars except Chrysler 300 and Corvette.

Is that because of strict rules towards American vehicle?
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:46 PM   #118

Because they realize how shitty they are and don't want them in their country.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #119
LOOK AT ME I NEED ATTENTION LOOK AT ME LOOK LOOK LOOK

"Patriotic" rednecks are the dumbest people on earth

If they're so "patriotic" they should stop eating since modern food is grown and processed throughout the world and sold internationally. They should STFU until they grow all their own food.

These same patriotic dickwads should make their own clothes, stop using all electronics, live on the street since their homes ALL contain imported components.

These same dumb fucks that buy only "Domestic cars" because "it's patriotic" should be shot for being so stupid. Their "patriotic" POS cars are made with components and materials sourced from OTHER countries and many are very often ASSEMBLED in other countries LOL!

Theses same people are almost always of lower class who don't understand business and don't understand economics.. or anything pertaining to reason LOL!
dread604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #120
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
Not to mention the Cadillac that pulled the 7:59 is also the 09 model with a much bigger engine, 6.2L supercharged V8. If you want to be fair about it compare the current M5 which is going to be replaced soon with the 1st gen Cadillac CTS-V, oh woops those didn't even make it on the fastest times board The new M5 is coming 2011 or end of 2010 so we'll see then
So you don't think it's fair to compare a 2009 CTS-V with the current M5 because it's a few years older? Yet you think it's more fair to compare the current M5 with the 1st gen CTS-V that came out years before the M5 did?
Old 12-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #121
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Loyalty? To what?

I'm pretty sure my Si was made in Ontario... does that make me loyal to my country?
spenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #122
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Do Lower Mainlanders really have no loyalty towards the US/Canadian auto industry?
Loyal to the countries you all came from... though why you came here to begin with, when all you do is fucking bitch about it all day every day, is beyond me.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
So you don't think it's fair to compare a 2009 CTS-V with the current M5 because it's a few years older? Yet you think it's more fair to compare the current M5 with the 1st gen CTS-V that came out years before the M5 did?
uh, the 1st gen CTS-V came out 1 and half year earlier than the current M5, the 2nd gen CTS-V is 3.5 years newer than the current M5.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #124
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
uh, the 1st gen CTS-V came out 1 and half year earlier than the current M5, the 2nd gen CTS-V is 3.5 years newer than the current M5.
It's still a generation back. When the CTS-V came out, the E60 5 series already came out. At 400hp, the 1st generation CTS-V was developed as competition for the E39 M5.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #125

Why does it matter? Not like any of you will buy one anyways.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote