REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Automotive Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-automotive-chat_13/)
-   -   Possible new motorplex coming to the island! We need your input! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/569045-possible-new-motorplex-coming-island-we-need-your-input.html)

Madman Civic 03-20-2009 08:10 PM

Possible new motorplex coming to the island! We need your input!

City of Campbell River has given us the green light to look into building a full motorplex facility here in Campbell River.We are looking for people to submit ideas and info for ALL motorsports disciplines.We are planning on having the islands only NHRA 1/4 mile dragstrip as well as a circle track,autocross course,motocross track and truck/mud course.A meeting was held last week and we have great support from many organizations.400 acres of land has been located and offered to us at a fair price courtesy of Timberwest and it is located beside the Campbell River airport. We welcome any supporters and organizations to contact us for more info and to give us any imput on what the motorsports community would like to see built. Contact Eric Harper of Harpers Performance Tuning in Campbell River 250 287 9003 or [URL="http://crdrags.com/index.shtml"]http://crdrags.com/index.shtml[/URL

slammedcivicsi 03-22-2009 08:33 AM

i think its a great idea, any thing to bring people to the island, and bring revinue to the city of campbell river.

g2beater 03-22-2009 08:42 AM

I would also have to say great idea north island could use something better than saratoga to take your car to

dustinb 03-22-2009 10:22 AM

Sounds awesome! Would love to have a new 1/4 mile track on the island!

mspeedP5 03-22-2009 12:06 PM

Fixed link:
http://crdrags.com/index.shtml

Great68 03-22-2009 02:57 PM

This is a freaking awesome idea!!

I wish it were closer to Victoria!

stevo911_ 03-22-2009 09:12 PM

^werd
I think if it were more towards nanaimo it would be more successfull/central to everyone on the island, but anything on the island would be rad (you should include a campground area for the south islanders ;)

Renthal 03-22-2009 10:23 PM

motocross track would be sweet!

Glitch 03-22-2009 10:37 PM

I'm all for having a motorsports park ANYWHERE on the island, north, south, central...doesn't matter to me as long as it has a road course as well as a drag strip. I like circle track as much as the next guy, but road racing is something I would really have liked to do without taking a trip on the ferry.

h0tSX 03-23-2009 02:09 PM

Awesome idea, I'll spread the word.

dustinb 03-23-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo911_ (Post 6342781)
^werd
I think if it were more towards nanaimo it would be more successfull/central to everyone on the island, but anything on the island would be rad (you should include a campground area for the south islanders ;)

Totally agree on the campground idea. Just some place to set up tents would be awesome!

NashMan 03-23-2009 05:46 PM

road cores and drag strip

Black SC2 03-23-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitch (Post 6342958)
I'm all for having a motorsports park ANYWHERE on the island, north, south, central...doesn't matter to me as long as it has a road course as well as a drag strip. I like circle track as much as the next guy, but road racing is something I would really have liked to do without taking a trip on the ferry.

^^^ What he said.

Anything that doesn't involve a boat ride will be a boon for the island. And if the facility is put together well enough, we'll see people coming from the mainland to support it I'm sure.

NashMan 03-25-2009 10:49 AM

to bad it was not in duncan that be even better

slammedcivicsi 03-27-2009 04:50 PM

the point isnt the location, you all seem to be focusing on that. If you want one closer to victoria, then get off your asses, find sponsors, find available land, find people to run it, apply to the city, and make it happen.

I think its great that someone has taken the inative to make this happen, a 3 hr drive is a piece of cake compared to a day of full travel to make it to other places. I hope this happens for your efforts, and the communities growth.

NashMan 03-27-2009 05:02 PM

naaaa thetre justy no hope for arould here all indain owned

but still the track iland is sweet road croes so sweet

hud 91gt 03-27-2009 05:33 PM

Is there actually talk of a road course? Everything I saw on the webpage said Drag strip, oval, and maybe motox etc. I didn't see anything about a road course?

stevo911_ 03-27-2009 06:11 PM

road course would be AMAZING, and i can guarantee the motorcyclists on the island would be interested in that too.

Manic! 03-27-2009 11:46 PM

Do you guys have a business plan, any idea on how much money would be needed? Provincial elections coming up, I would talk to all the people running on the Island, see how many would be willing to support the idea. It also might be a good idea to talk to developers who are or have built large projects on the Island.

Your biggest hurdle might be the local people not wanting it built and zoning.

stevo911_ 03-28-2009 05:09 PM

^says they've got the go ahead of the city of campbell river (to look into it at least) and beside the airport seems like the best spot, since thats lots of noise anyways

Manic! 03-28-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo911_ (Post 6352820)
^says they've got the go ahead of the city of campbell river (to look into it at least) and beside the airport seems like the best spot, since thats lots of noise anyways

They were going to build a highschool down the road from us. The mayor told us it was a done deal. a group of old people did not like the idea and stopped the project. Untill they have the zoning and have a building permit the city can always change there mind. Remember there is an election every 3 years.

Victoria SiR 03-30-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo911_ (Post 6352820)

Go ahead of the city, and the general populous are not the same.

Great68 03-30-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obama (Post 6355344)
Go ahead of the city, and the general populous are not the same.

No doubt.

The residents near the Panorama rec centre stalled the pool expansion project for months because the water slide tower was a couple feet too tall.

stevo911_ 03-30-2009 05:06 PM

fuck the general populous, i want a road course!
^the people complainging about that are common sidney folk with nothing better to do :p

Imperium 03-30-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 6342216)
This is a freaking awesome idea!!

I wish it were closer to Victoria!

same here

but aslong as they do drifting events im down