REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 03-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Opinions on SE X1

anyone have some real life experience on it or opinions on it?

Looking at a nice big touch screen smartphone thats not too bulky. I'd love the touch HD but its too expensive.
Advertisement
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:41 AM   #2
I is Romanian

Great phone, I love the size & weight. Keyboard takes some time to get used to.

My suggestion ~ Wait for the NAM edition.
avinayyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Played with two of them already. Both were too laggy and the sliders were kinda flimsy. Not worth 700 for sure
Old 03-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #4

laggy is expected, its winmo.

as for flimsy, you must have gotten a bad one? All the demos i've played with are all well built and all the reviews say that too :S.

As for the NAM one, i've been waiting too long for a new phone... over a year. I can't wait until q3 for it haha.

I'm mainly buying the x1 over some other products (ie touch pro) for build quality. Do you have something else in mind?

Main things I want are:
nice big screen
good build quality
Old 03-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post

Main things I want are:
nice big screen
good build quality
Iphone? XD

yea youre right i mustve been playing with bad units. My friend just got one and her slider is rock solid. only wish it was a bit faster and that the screen wasnt recessed. Other than that, if u can get used to winmo, then it's a pretty good phone
Old 03-21-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I've been using mine for over three weeks now...my first Winmo phone so it took a bit getting used to...

Overall it's a pretty good phone. Quality is great and response is not bad...couple of small fixes that I had to take care of before I was completely happy with the phone, but most problems can be answered either on HoFo or XDA.
dai3yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

i been thinking of getting a new phone too.
x1 vs lg kf900 which one is better?
AhXian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^^ I think it's more like do you want something fashionable or something that will last you a long time.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai3yuen View Post
I've been using mine for over three weeks now...my first Winmo phone so it took a bit getting used to...

Overall it's a pretty good phone. Quality is great and response is not bad...couple of small fixes that I had to take care of before I was completely happy with the phone, but most problems can be answered either on HoFo or XDA.
hows the battery life on yours? this is another problem i noticed. when i used the x1, it wouldnt last me for more than 7-8 hours, and that was only listening to an hour of music and half an hour of wifi.. but then again it couldve been the firmware..
Old 03-22-2009, 01:39 AM   #10
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
I loved the build quality and feel of it. However the keyboard was hard to get used to and it ended up giving me alot of input error I think I wouldve enjoyed it alot more if mine had 3g. And I absolutely hate WinMo after owning this too.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #11
HELP ME PLS!!!

hmm the silver one looks and feels nice
alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:53 AM   #12

just bought it now. was debating over silver or black but ended up going black.

Seems pretty nice so far, a little slow but I havent optimized it yet. The panels also seem a little stupid.. gonna put touchflo 3d on it when I get back to Vancouver.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #13
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
lack is soooo much better but heres the thing the keyboard took me a lot longer then any other full qwerty phone... not sure why other then that its pretty cool

btw i hate touchflo 3D its too damn slow to use
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

does it have flash(youtube) support?
AhXian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:18 PM   #15
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
i had a youtube program which i can search and watch =D

forgot what it was called tho
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #16

i dont really care for youtube so i havent tried it yet.

touchflo 3d is so fast on the touch HD though!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #17
RS controls my life!

I had X1 when it first came out and ended up sold it. It's very good if you're open or used to winmo OS. The touch is nice and the slider is perfect. The only downside for me is that it's a little too bulky.

Now I'm using iPhone. iPhone is better? Not really in some sense but yes on another. When it comes to scheduling, excel editing, copy-paste, drag-drop files, phone call blocker and other stuffs that I used to do it on WinMo, now I do not have all of that on my iPhone. But I do gain more games and fun apps on iPhone and it's slimmer and slicker.

If you're looking for a business use phone, WinMo based phones are just damn good (X1 in this case) but if you're looking for entertainment value, I'd stick with iPhone.

Fyi, X1 is better than Touch HD, imho. But HD has wider screen and a little slimmer body.
GomGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #18
I don't get it

I just got mine last weekend and i'm quite comfortable with it now.
I had an iphone before this, i can honestly say that i really missed the heat sensitive touch screen on the iphone cause the X1 is in NO comparison whatsoever.
This is my first WinMo phone so it did take a while to get used to, but once i got used to it it's really not that bad.
It is slightly laggy in terms of closing things, and what pisses me off the most is the "Message Sent" screen that pops up after every freaking text msg you send. But other than that, I really like it. THe keyboard is freaking awesome, and touch is great for something that's not the iPhone.

Can someone tell me some addons i can dl for the X1 to mod it a bit? Or where i can find them?
NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #19
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbeeTT View Post
I had an iphone before this, i can honestly say that i really missed the heat sensitive touch screen on the iphone cause the X1 is in NO comparison whatsoever.
This is my first WinMo phone so it did take a while to get used to, but once i got used to it it's really not that bad.
It is slightly laggy in terms of closing things, and what pisses me off the most is the "Message Sent" screen that pops up after every freaking text msg you send. But other than that, I really like it. THe keyboard is freaking awesome, and touch is great for something that's not the iPhone.

Can someone tell me some addons i can dl for the X1 to mod it a bit? Or where i can find them?
where did you get it and for how much?

im currently in toronto this week and i heard its going for around 700 in pacific mall?
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #20
I don't get it

I actually didnt get mine here haha
My dad was in HK and he got it for me there, apparently it was really hard to find english versions there cause they were all sold out =s But mine was about 800$ Canadian i think..
But there are a few places in Vancouver you can find it, my friend told me a few weeks back but i dont remember. But aim for those asian phone stores lol they're always the ones to look for, but i'm not quite sure how much they're going for here though.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #21

i just got mine in HK for about $700 canadian.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff19 View Post
hows the battery life on yours? this is another problem i noticed. when i used the x1, it wouldnt last me for more than 7-8 hours, and that was only listening to an hour of music and half an hour of wifi.. but then again it couldve been the firmware..
Battery life sucks....mine can go for about 2 days max with minimum usage...

I run QQ on my phone and I leave it on for a couple hours and the battery runs down really quick....although having it charge thru mini-usb is a bonus as all i do is plug it into my PC at work...
Old 03-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbeeTT View Post

XperiaTweak V2 (http://www.cliffords.nu/) - You can disable the 'Message Sent' notification with this

Fix for displaying Traditional Chinese on the Media Panel - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=482751

Incorrect SMS Times & Roaming Triangle (Fido on Rogers) Fix - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...aming+triangle

That's about all the 'tweaking' i've done to my phone so far....i have to download the new firmware but I'm too lazy at the moment...

Check out the SE site as they have a Facebook panel
Old 03-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #24
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai3yuen View Post
XperiaTweak V2 (http://www.cliffords.nu/) - You can disable the 'Message Sent' notification with this

Fix for displaying Traditional Chinese on the Media Panel - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=482751

Incorrect SMS Times & Roaming Triangle (Fido on Rogers) Fix - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...aming+triangle

That's about all the 'tweaking' i've done to my phone so far....i have to download the new firmware but I'm too lazy at the moment...

Check out the SE site as they have a Facebook panel
oh wow, i've been trying to figure out why the time stamp is always incorrect for my received msgs. thanks :]
Old 03-25-2009, 01:08 AM   #25
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

i guess X1 is laggy as well too?
i used the w960 for about 8 months and finally got fed up with how slow the thing is..
switched to the iphone fad.. i guess we will have to wait for a phone that can browse as fast as the iphone
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote