REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 03-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Bell Smart/Phone Care

I recently bought my HTC Diamond and I cracked it at work. Since it's only 2 weeks old, I can still opt to sign up for Bell's Smart/Phone Care (https://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpW...?selectedtab=0). However, it says "Enrollment in Smart/Phone Care must be done in store," but has anyone ever had any experience with bringing in a broken phone and still getting insurance?

I called Bell and they said that I need to go to a Bell store to get it inspected prior to getting the insurance. What are the chances of me getting it replaced? They said they need to check to see if there is already damage on it.

Thanks,
Bernie
Advertisement
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
How I Mod your mother

Chances are they are just going to tell you you're SOL
Usually you dont feel the need to get this type of insurance, but when you feel the need to, its too late

Sorry to hear
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I went in the other day and they're like straight up, oh no problem, we can still sign you up for insurance, we just won't cover the crack you have at the moment so they redirect me to an authorized repair shop. But then they told me that even with the added insurance, I'd have to pay $150 every time I would need to use it as a deductible (I wasn't aware of this ahead of time).

So is the insurance worth it? I'm not sure if a cracked screen would be replaced for free since I'm definitely not paying $150 each time it cracks when it can be replaced for under $50.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
How I Mod your mother

I think you're better off getting a phone you know is durable. If you've already damaged it within the first month of ownership, I'd guess it can and will happen again.

The best insurance: take better care of your phone
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote