REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Late Periods? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/570254-late-periods.html)

AppleSugary 04-01-2009 12:28 AM

The bad news, your friend does not have any idea about the situation.
The good news, your friend lives in a place where it offers a lot of FREE RESOURCES and CLINICS.

So tell your friend to use or visit these resources or clinics especially in a situation like this. They can offer a lot of help or answer to any questions or doubts. What's even better? EVERYTHING IS CONFIDENTIAL!!!

So here are some FREE CLINICS AND RESOURCES that you might want to suggests:
http://www.vch.ca/community/communit...th_centres.htm

http://www.fraserhealth.ca/SERVICES/...s/default.aspx

Also, do not forget to tell your friend that these clinics offer FREE CONDOMS, PREGNANCY TESTS, NAPKINS, etcetera. So tell him to visit and drop in to these resources and clinics

miss_crayon 04-01-2009 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 6357810)
pregnancy tests and birth control are free at youth clinics for those under 25

condoms are free there no questions asked either

i'm pretty sure it's for 21 and under.

hotjoint 04-01-2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmec (Post 6357355)
15 dollars for 2 is "expensive?" shit son.

:werd:

Gumby 04-01-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmec (Post 6357355)
15 dollars for 2 is "expensive?" shit son.

I can't think of very many single-use items that cost $7.50 each. And in the case of condoms, those are much cheaper, and at least the two of you get some fun out of it.

Trinity 04-01-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6358816)

I second this.

vmec 04-01-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 6359197)
I can't think of very many single-use items that cost $7.50 each. And in the case of condoms, those are much cheaper, and at least the two of you get some fun out of it.

Well 7.50 for some peace of mind is 7.50 well spent. :thumbsup:

joolee 04-01-2009 02:22 PM

my period didn't come for a month before although i was on the pill =\ better to get a pregnancy test though..

snowball 04-01-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6358816)

under 25

"Youth Clinics offer free, relevant, confidential, community-based services for youth up to age 24 in a comfortable, youth-friendly environment. These health services include physical and mental health assessment, interventions, treatment and follow-up for sexually transmitted diseases, birth control, pregnancy diagnosis, immunizations, health education, counselling and referrals. As young women represent a high proportion of the clients, female physicians and nurses are available."

http://www.vch.ca/community/youth_clinics.htm

Girl 04-10-2009 10:25 PM

Depending on which clinic it is, some are under 25 and some are under 21

Inaii 04-11-2009 12:50 AM

This shouldn't have even been asked. Your friend is dumb. She needs to go get tested. And they both need to be slapped for not using birth control, because if they're that dumb, they probably didn't use a condom either.

Nvasion 04-11-2009 12:12 PM

its not the friend its the OP lol

Inaii 04-11-2009 03:35 PM

Either case. They're all dumb.

El Bastardo 04-13-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 6374415)
This shouldn't have even been asked. Your friend is dumb. She needs to go get tested. And they both need to be slapped for not using birth control, because if they're that dumb, they probably didn't use a condom either.

Woah. Enough of that.

People are people and mistakes happen.

Its not like people have never had a condom break on them? Or their own body chemistry can conflict with the pill. Its not like nobody has been given news by an ex that "Hey, you should get checked out because one of my current partners has <insert infection here>", right?

Calling people "dumb" and "queer" for their actions is uncalled for. Sometimes there are also conditions beyond their control.

Any more of that from anyone and we're going to see points issued in this thread.

Inaii 04-13-2009 09:37 PM

Wow way to COMPLETELY misunderstand what I meant about getting tested. PREGNANCY TESTED. Not STD.

underscore 04-13-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmec (Post 6359304)
Well 7.50 for some peace of mind is 7.50 well spent. :thumbsup:

hell I'd drop a lot more on a pregnancy test, that shits serious! but it's good that they aren't too expensive as it's mostly younger people that need them, plus if a girl in panicking enough they'll buy like 10 anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 6374415)

they used a condom, smartass

ASG111 04-13-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 6357810)
pregnancy tests and birth control are free at youth clinics for those under 25

condoms are free there no questions asked either

i have always wondered, do they just go in and ask for "can i have some birth control pills and some condoms?"

never been to one myself, but just curious as to the procedures you go through.. lol

snowball 04-14-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 6374289)
Depending on which clinic it is, some are under 25 and some are under 21

the point is that the OP understands that there are clinics out there that provide free services up to 25.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASG111 (Post 6378808)
i have always wondered, do they just go in and ask for "can i have some birth control pills and some condoms?"

never been to one myself, but just curious as to the procedures you go through.. lol

They keep condoms in a bowl at the clinic, you can just take a handful. For birth control you should consult one of the doctors (confidential) to set up the best kind of b.c. for your needs.

ASG111 04-14-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 6378921)
They keep condoms in a bowl at the clinic, you can just take a handful. For birth control you should consult one of the doctors (confidential) to set up the best kind of b.c. for your needs.

Normally you'd go with your SO BEFORE you guys have intercourse?
Or would after be rushing it... lol
My ex knew what she was doing, but dating this girl and it's a first for her so i'm kinda new to this.

Trinity 04-14-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASG111 (Post 6378941)
Normally you'd go with your SO BEFORE you guys have intercourse?
Or would after be rushing it... lol
My ex knew what she was doing, but dating this girl and it's a first for her so i'm kinda new to this.

You can go with your SO or she can go by herself. It's nerve wracking either way, but at least you guys are asking questions about it.

If you don't want an audience, you can always PM me your questions.