REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Im finding it a little concerning with certain members on here...

with how much negativity is coming from them. Whats going on guys? The weather affecting you that much??? Havent been laid in a while? Im sure i can find some funds somewhere to get u a lapdance from the oldest stripper in the lower mainland, just hope her hips hold out...

Ive taken note and have banned certain members from access.

And to members trying to help, you can help by pm'ing me or reporting the thread so that moderators can look into it.

with the pure volume and traffic, not everyone can be everywhere all the time. I dont check every single thread and thus, comments like "i cant believe a moderator or admin hasnt done something about this thread" is like no different than you sitting in front of the tv complaining about the news by yelling at the tv screen.

You want to help, try stepping in a bit further to help.

there will be further bannings. they might contribute to the site, but from what im seeing, its only shit that is coming out.
Advertisement

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

I agree with this, and id also like to state that some mods here shouldn't be mods. some of them are on power trips 24/7 and will ban freely, even for the most insignificant things. This is not a good way to represent the community, we are all car enthusiasts here, why can't we all get along? Everyone should be treated with respect. Mods need to be watched by other mods. When things get out of hand, and people talk smack. then yes they should be banned. But some of the bannings have been getting out of hand. For instance, forgetting to put something in your post. resulting in an infraction and your thread being closed. And when you question the infraction, your banned? That is something that I don't agree with. I come from other forums and if that happened, the mod would have fixed your mistake, and given you a warning. Everyone should have a right to question. we dont live in Iran.

just my 2 cents..

Last edited by dc5-r; 04-01-2009 at 03:35 PM.
dc5-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Who's modding the mods? I agree with dc5-r. I got points for reviving an old FS thread, although its not stated in the FS rules, or any rules on RS. for that matter, the OP of the thread i revived was still selling the stuff.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
^^^ Everyone knows the rules on RS.. If you post something NWS in the wrong section you get points.... its simple and everyone knows that... bitching about your mistake does no one any good and wastes time therefore you get points for bitching. Had you followed the rules in the first place no points would be issued.

Points aren't the end all be all of life. If your THAT worried about a couple points from screwing up you need to relax and take a pill. Coming from someone with 3 posts... I can only assume your a duplicate account if your not it means your pretty new to RS and have no right bitching about anything yet.

Berz out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
Who's modding the mods? I agree with dc5-r. I got points for reviving an old FS thread, although its not stated in the FS rules, or any rules on RS. for that matter, the OP of the thread i revived was still selling the stuff.

Send the OP a PM there really is no reason to post in the FS threads. Anything you want to know can be told over the PM system and THAT is a rule.

Berz out.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Send the OP a PM there really is no reason to post in the FS threads. Anything you want to know can be told over the PM system and THAT is a rule.

Berz out.
PM'd
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
RS controls my life!

Berzerker,

You can do RS a favour by getting off the internet and at the same time, shut the fuck up about your omen of so-called rules and shove it up your mom's ass.
pholicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Mods should be watched but at the same time people should have some common sense.

I gave a guy 24 points for posting NWS in VOT, no complaints.
I gave a guy 1 point for posting a link to a dinner/gaming session and he said "use my friend's name as a reference", and I received 2PMs trying to rationalize/dispute it.

If you have a complaint about a mod, move on up the chain. If you get points for something, don't do it again. If you get 6 points for bumping a thread, why do you feel like you were personally attacked? it's just the board's way of saying "Don't do that". If it were to be permanent and seriously important, they wouldn't expire.

PS: I look at a member's post count and time on the board and take both into account when giving points. More posts/longer member, more points. Reason? You are more likely to know the rules if you're posting a lot or have been here for a long time.

-edit-

I also just gave 6 points to the post above mine because it's such a blatant lack of respect. Berz, while not necessarily representing all the mods, is trying to express things from the other side. Please, people, try to take the time to rationally explain your thoughts and mentalities rather than just saying GTFO.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholicious View Post
Berzerker,

You can do RS a favour by getting off the internet and at the same time, shut the fuck up about your omen of so-called rules and shove it up your mom's ass.
lol...Pretty harsh....
kumbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Berzerker,

this is uncalled for.. and is pretty harsh
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Berzerker,

lol. wow.

how many points do you need to get banned?
Synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #11
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
I'll be keeping a close eye on members and also moderators. I have met most of the mods in person and while I may not agree with a lot of the things they do, I can respect their decisions. If something is just loopy about the way that they conduct themselves, then we 'have a talk'.

If any member has a real concern with the way that they have been treated on revscene (by anybody) then please PM me and let me know.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #12
straight from the fields of squamton

Hook me up with that stripper yo
Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #13
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Can someone explain the points system to me. What does receiving points mean to me.
og_greek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #14
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by og_greek View Post
Can someone explain the points system to me. What does receiving points mean to me.

points are your street cred on rs.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #15
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by og_greek View Post
Points are what you get for doing naughty things... after a certain amount of points you receive a ban the more points the longer the ban.

Berz out.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #16
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

must be the economy, can't really be all cheery when u lost half of ur mutual funds. Maybe they'r just up here to vent some anger.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #17
My homepage has been set to RS

this is the most drama we've seen on RS for awhile.. it's awsome

we need this shit once in awhile, no?
boss_clad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #18
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5-r View Post
I agree with this, and id also like to state that some mods here shouldn't be mods. some of them are on power trips 24/7 and will ban freely, even for the most insignificant things. This is not a good way to represent the community, we are all car enthusiasts here, why can't we all get along? Everyone should be treated with respect. Mods need to be watched by other mods. When things get out of hand, and people talk smack. then yes they should be banned. But some of the bannings have been getting out of hand. For instance, forgetting to put something in your post. resulting in an infraction and your thread being closed. And when you question the infraction, your banned? That is something that I don't agree with. I come from other forums and if that happened, the mod would have fixed your mistake, and given you a warning. Everyone should have a right to question. we dont live in Iran.

just my 2 cents..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNR32_Coupe View Post
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #19
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Higher mods watch the mods. Admins watch the higher mods.

Like I said, you got a complaint, move up the chain. Already in the process of dealing with a ban that may or may not have been justified.

Everything is up for discussion and debate, but if you yell and scream at a mod in a pm (ie: "What the fuck are these points for, are you a retard? Where the fuck do you think you get off giving me points for this shit?"), you can't honestly expect that they're going to be positive and open to reversing their decisions.

This is the PM I got from the user in question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumbannedgai
hi there, you seem like a decent mod. Is there anyway my old account can become unbanned? Ive only had 1-2 infractions.. been joined since late 07.. I put up a FS thread in the buyandsell.. forgot to put a "FS" in the title.. i got my thread closed and an infraction for that. When I questioned that I got banned.
Now, in discussing this with the banning mod, he said the user in question was an ass in the reply PM but saw no particular reason he shouldn't be unbanned.

DIPLOMACY IS KEY
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #20
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i should be a mod
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #21
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

recently i have gotten 12 points from !SG for saying "u mean motherfuckers" from to ppl harping on revolution for putting up so many threads. I thought mayb he thought i was saying this to revolution so i pmed him and he wont even pm me back like wtf? at least pm me back.
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:57 PM   #22
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
uliq should be a mod.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #23
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
uliq should be a mod.
[/Revscene]
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #24
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
you dont have 12 points do you... do i need to pm you back about it then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billboa View Post
recently i have gotten 12 points from !SG for saying "u mean motherfuckers" from to ppl harping on revolution for putting up so many threads. I thought mayb he thought i was saying this to revolution so i pmed him and he wont even pm me back like wtf? at least pm me back.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #25
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
you dont have 12 points do you... do i need to pm you back about it then?
I don't think he would know unless he was notified...I don't know about others, but I don't check how many points I have everyday...or any day for that matter...
Kang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: