REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Transformers, the movie (the original back in 1987) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/571106-transformers-movie-original-back-1987-a.html)

!SG 04-06-2009 08:34 AM

Transformers, the movie (the original back in 1987)

So yes, i managed to find myself the DVD! (Yes! another 80s movie to add to my collection!) The original story line with Optimus Prime, Megatron turn Galvatron, and yes, Unicron...

10/10... come on, you cant put a rating on this, on a movie us old timers saw when we were kids, when VCRs were big n heavy enough to actually hurt a person if u threw it! Music from this movie... so very 80s...

Watching this movie brought back memories. even brought a tear to my eye when the soundtrack kicked in. Leonard Nimoy sp? ok, we all know him as Spock, even lent his voice to this movie...

So what other 80s movies i need to collect? oh yeah, TRON!

Gumby 04-06-2009 09:51 AM

I picked one of these up from Costco a while ago... I watched a bit of it shortly after, and it brought back warm & fuzzy feelings. Sadly, I don't think our kids will appreciate it the way we did...

Berzerker 04-06-2009 10:25 AM

I love the old purple glow of Energon.... it was so badass back then!

Berz out.

StylinRed 04-06-2009 10:50 AM

yeah i got the anniversary dvd when it came out with the big optimus toy :)

i love how the live-action movie used one-liners from the film like "one shall stand, one shall fall" me and my buddy went nutz in the theatre when he said that ;)

rsx 04-06-2009 11:27 AM

the OST for this movie was insane too, right from the intro all the way to "you've got the touch"

SumAznGuy 04-06-2009 12:02 PM

I have the whole collection of season 1-4 on DVD plus the Movie.

Wife bought me the aniversary set from Hong Kong. Came in a wooden box with a little Optimus Prime toy. Yay!!!!

!SG 04-06-2009 01:34 PM

lucky lucky...

i collect dvds for fun, and have some of the greatest movies from back in the day, even stuff before i was born (some of the mel brooks stuff)

ive been slowly collecting 80s movies as i see them, especially some of the cartoons from back then.

i even remember collecting the figures when i was young (along side gundam much later of course). but i loved collecting the not so popular ones. the "ke le fe" hahaha... and was i the only one that found they built better quality figures back then?

BoneThug 04-06-2009 02:42 PM

if thats the one where optimus dies and ultramagnus takes his spark then it sucked pretty bad. i mean i watched it, but aside from the opening fight scene which was sick, and i realize im probably over thinking it, the rest of the main characters couldnt carry the movie. all i could think of was how much ultramagnus sucked. he sucked so much that i can barely stand to speak his name.

andif you haven't all ready seen the movie you should def not read the above. just an fyi

wouwou 04-06-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneThug (Post 6367532)
if thats the one where optimus dies and ultramagnus takes his spark then it sucked pretty bad. i mean i watched it, but aside from the opening fight scene which was sick, and i realize im probably over thinking it, the rest of the main characters couldnt carry the movie. all i could think of was how much ultramagnus sucked. he sucked so much that i can barely stand to speak his name.

andif you haven't all ready seen the movie you should def not read the above. just an fyi

there is a reason why they brought back Optimus you know

:haha:

!SG 04-06-2009 03:19 PM

ultramagnus was never to be the successor. he was suppose to be like the general if anything, next to optimus.

as much as i loved the movie, i was sad they didnt use the original style red truck.

hirevtuner 04-06-2009 06:00 PM

kinda off topic, but anyone had the original transformer figurines?

JSALES 04-06-2009 07:08 PM

this is the movie you're talking about right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDm8rqKw-zg

SumAznGuy 04-06-2009 07:58 PM

Yup. That be the one.

RayBot 04-06-2009 08:03 PM

So much foreshadowing that said Hot Rod was the next leader.

Voice cast was legendary, and soundtrack was one of a kind.

candy_jai 04-06-2009 08:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkYuK3AKrxc

my favorite and the best part of the movie:thumbsup:

Presto 04-07-2009 10:34 AM

I am a huge Transformers fan. Optimus Prime was a great role model. He was selfless, and always thought of his comrades more than himself. I've been collecting a few of the G1 re-issues, but I still have a drawer full of various Transformers at my parents' house.

I got the HD version of the movie, and it's incredible. Every time I watch it, I'm back to 8 years old, again. :)

For other 80s movies, I would suggest Goonies, Karate Kid, and Princess Bride.

wouwou 04-07-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 6368842)
I am a huge Transformers fan. Optimus Prime was a great role model. He was selfless, and always thought of his comrades more than himself. I've been collecting a few of the G1 re-issues, but I still have a drawer full of various Transformers at my parents' house.

I got the HD version of the movie, and it's incredible. Every time I watch it, I'm back to 8 years old, again. :)

what about He Man?

!SG 04-07-2009 12:41 PM

got, got and got.

big trouble in little china, uncle buck, breakfast club, lost boys, hmm, dont remember all of them, but i know i got a decent amount of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 6368842)

StylinCobra 04-07-2009 02:26 PM

I used to run this DVD when I was at shows and people would stop and never leave......

It was too funny.

Presto 04-07-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wouwou (Post 6368887)
what about He Man?

He Man was cool, but I liked transforming robots and lasers more than loin cloths and magic. ;)

wouwou 04-07-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 6369165)
He Man was cool, but I liked transforming robots and lasers more than loin cloths and magic. ;)

actually its his sister that caught my eyes :D

C-Boogie 04-10-2009 01:13 PM

Anyone else notice from the original transformers movie that there was a swear word in it?

It was in the beginning when Unicron was devouring Moon Base 2 I believe. Spike was with Cliffjumper or Jazz when he says, "Aw shit! What are we gonna do now?!?"

will068 04-13-2009 12:12 AM

this is when optimus prime died right? movie brought a tear in my eye when I was young....

ScizzMoney 04-13-2009 12:54 AM

Starscream was always my favorite.

Grandmaster TSE 04-13-2009 09:50 AM

must have from the 80s = ghostbusters