REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

going tofino needs some help

hey guys im planning a trip to tofino with a bunch of my friends in may, any recommendations from you guys? Our budget is around 300 each, planning to stay for 2 nights 3 days just wondering if thats enough.
Advertisement
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
Hyde's Understudy

i would say no its not enough. Restaurants are not cheap. so 3 days = 3 meals per day. 9 meals at roughly 20-30 dollars. Rooms are about 200-300 for a 3 star place a night for 1 bed. if you want any hotel with a view of the beach like wickeninnish or best western, i believe their summer rates are probably like 500 and up a night.

just google tofino accomadations.
Have fun!
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

just camp it out if you're not willing to get the rooms....its more fun anyways.
Meals get expensive, so bring more cash.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
wow, seriously dude, you need to do at least some research.
Plan the activities first. 80 dollars for a 1 day surft lesson.
make sure you surf the SECOND day. (that's cause if you surf the last day after you check out from your hotel, you'll have no place to stay / shower after.

make sure you book your places to eat first. there are a few fine dining restaurants so make sure u book early. they dont' have seatings at ike 10 PM.

lastly, get your alcohol early and make sure you rent a hotel that's ok with loud noises, it's a pretty small town so make sure you dont' party too hard.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

i would go to the oregon coast. great sites on the way, NO TAX (WOOT) and cheap food. Just camp and it costs you next to nothing. expect an additional hr/2 hr drive tho.. but totally worth it. If you camp it.. it wont even cost 300 each, almost all camp ground are a black from the beach if not right next to it. lots of surf shops in the area. If you decide to go...stop at Seaside and Newport for activities. Doesnt include shopping expenses ofcourse.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I'm going to Tofino with a group of friends in July actually...from my research summer rates don't start until June expect if you are going during the victoria day long weekend then thats a different story. I emailed Tourism Tofino with my request including date and budget and number of ppl going and they forwarded my request to all accomodation providers in the area and those who were able to meet my requriements emailed me back.

Have you considered renting a condo/cottage instead of a hotel? It can actually be cheaper and that way there is a kitchen and you can make your own food instead of eating out. Just a thought.
Nazzy_GURL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #7
RS Veteran

another option is to stay in close to Tofino....we were cheap and stayed in Nanaimo instead and drove over to Tofino ..but then again we only stayed a lil bit and just wanted to visit Tofino

Need computer-related Help?? Affordable rates and on-site. Quality work. Fully qualified, I am a professional certified computer technologist with over 15+yrs experience on various platforms/hardware/software while working @ a Fortune 500 company. MSN: talon001@hotmail.com Email: allenm604@gmail.com
SiR001 is offline   Reply With Quote