REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
I don't get it

Any price negotiating room @ Honda?

I heard that there is really no price negotiation room when buying a new Honda like a Civic at the dealerships. Anyone know if there is any room for a price reduction off the asking price? If so, how much?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Depends on how you are paying for the car. If you do a cash deal you'll get cash incentives. See link:

http://www.carquotes.ca/rebates/honda.html

And if you arm yourself with the invoice price you can negotiate from there on. Ie. I want to pay invoice price plus 3% commission (or whatever number you think is reasonable)... and see if they accept the offer.

You can get the invoice price from websites like Car Cost Canada but i think they charge like 40 bucks for like 5 different cars.
10W-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10W-30 View Post
Depends on how you are paying for the car. If you do a cash deal you'll get cash incentives. See link:

http://www.carquotes.ca/rebates/honda.html

And if you arm yourself with the invoice price you can negotiate from there on. Ie. I want to pay invoice price plus 3% commission (or whatever number you think is reasonable)... and see if they accept the offer.

You can get the invoice price from websites like Car Cost Canada but i think they charge like 40 bucks for like 5 different cars.
Thanks 10W-30! Those are very helpful advice and links.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Banned By Establishment

also depends on the dealer. Not all dealerships are commission. So you have to factor that in. When we bought our RSX and MDX, Richmond acura was one of the few that are not commission and we dealt with Gurp who was really helpful, unlike the rest of the salespeople there. Lougheed and burrard acura are both commission which made it harder to negotiate.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerman88 View Post
also depends on the dealer. Not all dealerships are commission. So you have to factor that in. When we bought our RSX and MDX, Richmond acura was one of the few that are not commission and we dealt with Gurp who was really helpful, unlike the rest of the salespeople there. Lougheed and burrard acura are both commission which made it harder to negotiate.
i've dealt with gurp at rich acura - mind you, the 2nd car we bought, we bypassed him and went straight to the sales manager (always a better option)

to answer the original qu, yes, loads of room to negotiate - just throw out an offer, if they won't touch it, walk - there are plenty of dealerships around, and right now they are DESPERATE to offload cars (mind you a better time to buy would be in 6 months, but if you need to buy now... you need to buy now!)
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
Need to Seek Professional Help

i can give you the number of a dealer i know... prob give you the best price your going to find. Hes the fleet sales manager of the dealership. PM if interested
Old 04-13-2009, 05:12 AM   #7
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Richmond Acura not commission based? I find that very hard to believe. My cousin also bought his car from Gurp several years ago, very nice guy and he gave a discount. Cousin's RSX got totaled, and returned to Gurp again for a replacement RSX (on ICBC's tab). Good service again. But when his parents returned to purchase an EL, he wouldn't budge on price for them despite being a return customer and everything.

General rule of thumb is that the Richmond dealerships are fairly firm on their pricing. All the spendy Richmond residents allow the salesmen to have it too easy with all the "lay down" sales. Their location with the massive Automall also creates lots of foot traffic from around the lower mainland as well, plenty of customers for the salesmen to deal with.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:19 AM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
"Several years ago" doesn't count anymore. With today's economy, most dealerships are offering all kinds of concessions and incentives to move vehicles off the lot - just look at GM's offers of free OnStar, free XM and free maintenance for the next two-to-three years. It's a buyer's market for just about everything these days - take advantage of it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:

I have never heard of a non-commission car dealership. Doesn't exist.
I am 100% sure about this as well.

Anyways back on topic, OP you've got pm
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
I don't get it

just make sure u didnt get jewed like us paying some other party insurance not ICBC's as well as the security fee shit well i did do the dealfinder u do save some
Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

in 2007, richmond acura had commision..

the salesperson told me
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #12
Need to Seek Professional Help

yeah ive never heard of a dealer that doesnt run off commission. any luck finding anything?