REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:35 AM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Well then, take a look at how many other well rounded teams before making yourself look like a Jackass.
Advertisement
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #52

On a sidenote....i just found this article written by a Detroit sports columnist/analyst.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1405-Detro...s-crystal-ball

In short reads that he wants Anaheim to upset the Sharks. Why????

Interesting read.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #53
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,071 Times in 1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
In short reads that he wants Anaheim to upset the Sharks. Why????
With that statement, you just tricked me into reading the article!

However, the author said that the Canucks were consistent throughout the season... Not really!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
With that statement, you just tricked me into reading the article!

However, the author said that the Canucks were consistent throughout the season... Not really!
In a perspective....they were.....IF they weren't riddled with Luongo's injury, and also a few others, Salo being the one that sticks out the most.

Couple of games to really get into it in the beginning of the season...couple of games to get back into it after his injury....and a couple of really bad luck games, which do happen.

But other than that....that is a pretty consistent season.....at least a more consistent season than many others in the past.

Obviously what i just said brings back the argument that the Canucks entirely rely on their goalie to win every single game....but thats entirely a different discussion altogether.

Last edited by RayBot; 04-21-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #55
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
here's to the 4-0 sweep!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:58 PM   #56

Hold a sec....

.....just waiting for a certain someone to say a homeboy jackass remark....glorifying his team....

....waiting

....waiting.....

...okay, just gonna wait a lil longer, and thats it.

Way to go on a job well done.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #57
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

^^^^ Damn ur funnnnyyy.......

Anyways im glad to see that my series prediction followed as planned. I give credit to the blues for fighting back in that second period after goin down 2-0 and comin back but i give even more credit to the canucks for not getting shook and keeping there poise. Luongo was a beast in the 3rd period and overtime and saved them from losing the game.

GO CANUCKS GO
XplodeTheBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #58

I'm sorry to say.....but it was luck that was on Vancouver's side today.

-Edler's skate deflecting the puck away from the net unintentionally
-the referee calling no goal on a goal that was clearly in before the whistle
-Burrows scoring at the worst possible angle from a rush.

A win is a win...thats all that matters.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #59
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,071 Times in 1,184 Posts
Quote:
I'm sorry to say.....but it was luck that was on Vancouver's side today.

-Edler's skate deflecting the puck away from the net unintentionally
-the referee calling no goal on a goal that was clearly in before the whistle
-Burrows scoring at the worst possible angle from a rush.

A win is a win...thats all that matters.
1) Edler was lucky his skate happened to be parallel to the goal line. He could have easily deflected it into the net instead!
2) According to the ref, he lost sight of the puck and wanted to blow the whistle before the puck went in.
3) It wasn't the prettiest goal, but Gretzky's quote about taking shots comes to mind.

Yeah I'm not complaining about the win though.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post

2) According to the ref, he lost sight of the puck and wanted to blow the whistle before the puck went in.

True...but they reviewed the details in Toronto, regardless of what the ref 'wanted' to do. But what Toronto saw was a goal, then whistle...i am surprised that wasn't called a goal.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #61

after 5 games it looks like that well be playing chicago next. Id love to watch the canucks and blackhawks go at it but i really do think that calgary would be a better match for us. Van vs Chi will be a good series no doubt.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #62
Not a mod

^^ is that series already over? I thought game 6 is tomorrow
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #63
VLS Head Mod

^^no you're right, game 6 is happening. I think he meant just the way Chicago has been playing that it looks like they will win that series.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #64

Considering that the odds are completely against the teams that need to proceed (sj and cal) for the Canucks play Calgary.....but this is the team that i want them to play in the second round.

The active team in the playoffs with the worst record after the trade deadline.....gonna go with that statistic.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #65

Chicago Vs Canucks tmrw at 6, cant wait to fuckin watch this game. I dont think its been announced yet if mats will play but hopefully their long break was enough rest, if not i can live with him missing 1 or 2 home games.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #66

Damn we missed sami, 5 consecutive goals without him, Hopefully hes ready and healthy for tmrws game. Without him it could be a long 2 games in chitown
Old 05-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #67
VLS Head Mod

^^salo did not fly to chicago with the team, Dimtra didn't practise today either.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #68
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XplodeTheBass View Post
Damn we missed sami, 5 consecutive goals without him, Hopefully hes ready and healthy for tmrws game. Without him it could be a long 2 games in chitown
But you knowwwww sports!!!

Canucks are the best with or without him. 2009 Stanley Cup Champions right? I mean, regardless of other teams, this being the most well-rounded team in Canucks history should guarantee success right?

I mean, if I can't trust a guy who knowwwwws sports, then who can you trust?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #69

The canucks are clearly a different team without him. I said theyll be long games, not losses. is there any point to ur shit talking?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #70
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure I heard Ron McLean refer to the new gatorade drink as "G-Spot" in the first intermission. Did anyone else notice this???

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #71

Well thats gotta suck.

Here comes the reality check on which chumps are gonna jump off the bandwagon, and play the blame game and the "If i was the GM of the Canucks" game.

Now that the Canucks are out, which of course i am upset about, i really hope that Chicago goes all the way to the Cup. I have a great respect for good quality
hockey....and by all means, Chicago plays really good hockey.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #72
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Well thats gotta suck.

Here comes the reality check on which chumps are gonna jump off the bandwagon, and play the blame game and the "If i was the GM of the Canucks" game.

Now that the Canucks are out, which of course i am upset about, i really hope that Chicago goes all the way to the Cup. I have a great respect for good quality
hockey....and by all means, Chicago plays really good hockey.
i don't know if khabibulin is good enough to let chicago go all the way. they definitely have strong team, but i doubt if they could beat any of the 4 remaining teams from the east.

vancouver has a lot to be proud of when you think about it. when the year first started, expectations were very low just by looking at the roster. many overachievers that helped them get as far as they did. still though, fans demand the cup and i wouldn't be surprised if gillis attempts to move some big names in the off season.

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust

Last edited by SizzleChest; 05-11-2009 at 08:49 PM.
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 PM   #73

^^ Khabibulin is in the exact same scenario as he was in 2004, but not with Tampa Bay anymore, but a Tampa Bay looking team as it was back then now with the Blackhawks.

Khabibulin doesnt need to be great.....no matter what, a not-so-great goaltender is gonna take their team to the cup, and all these goaltenders look like they want it. But Khabibulin has something that the other goaltenders besides Osgood and Giguere (where one of them will be departing the playoffs by the weekend) already has is a stanley cup in their resume. Just that experience alone can help em win the cup....

As i mentioned before, that young chicago team, fresh outta world cup play is used to this high pressure atmosphere.

Fact of the matter is....3 years ago, Chicago was one of the worst teams in the league. The only realy big name they've really picked up was Campbell, and most of the team went through rigorous development. Its good to see a team go through a lot of turmoil to get where they are now.

And Vancouver has nothing to be ashamed about. A team has to win, and a team has to lose. The better team won....doesn't mean Vancouver was a bad team. The Hawks were a better team in the regular season, going into the playoffs,...and the rest told the story.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #74

I really wasn't expcting the canucks to all of a sudden learn how to hold a lead. That was they're major problem in this second series that really coulda gone to any team. I wasn't expecting the canucks to fall down 3-2 games in the second round. I gotta give it to chicago tho they played really good hockey for most of the series, and in some games was the worse team but pulled out a win. It was an exciting year for the canucks and i expect even better next year if we can sign some key parts. peace
Old 05-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #75
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Canucks are NW DIVISION CHAMPS BABY. With there home ice in the first round all it takes is an upset in the first 2 and we got home ice for quite possibly a long time in the playoffs. Canucks are taking the cup this year no iffs ands and maybes. CANUCKS 2009 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!!!
Quote:
I really wasn't expcting the canucks to all of a sudden learn how to hold a lead. That was they're major problem in this second series that really coulda gone to any team. I wasn't expecting the canucks to fall down 3-2 games in the second round. I gotta give it to chicago tho they played really good hockey for most of the series, and in some games was the worse team but pulled out a win. It was an exciting year for the canucks and i expect even better next year if we can sign some key parts. peace
The Canucks summarized in 2 posts!

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote