REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Doing your N all over again (https://www.revscene.net/forums/572047-doing-your-n-all-over-again.html)

Konrad 04-13-2009 06:34 PM

Doing your N all over again

Hello, just hoping someone can shed some light on this situation that I am in...

About 2 years ago I got 2 tickets in a short amount of time.
Ticket 1:
Driving contrary to restrictions

Ticket 2:
Speeding
Not displaying N sign

--------------------------

After this I was suspended from driving for 3 months and then got my license back without a problem as I paid both tickets early.

I am now in my 3rd year of my N basically, and I got a ticket for speeding once again. It was on the highway and the ticket is "Speeding against highway sign" which is 3 points I believe.

Now my question is, since I had to re-do my 2 years of N driving, will this ticket suspended me right away as if I was on a driving probation from losing my N the first time? or since the last tickets are from over a year ago and ive since restarted my N I have been given a "fresh start" on the N license?

Also the place where i got this speeding ticket is like 300km's away from me, if I dispute the ticket do I have to go there to show up for court or can I request to go to court somewhere in Vancouver to plead guilty and try to get the points dropped from my license/reduced fine?

CRS 04-13-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konrad (Post 6378258)
Hello, just hoping someone can shed some light on this situation that I am in...

About 2 years ago I got 2 tickets in a short amount of time.
Ticket 1:
Driving contrary to restrictions

Ticket 2:
Speeding
Not displaying N sign

--------------------------

After this I was suspended from driving for 3 months and then got my license back without a problem as I paid both tickets early.

I am now in my 3rd year of my N basically, and I got a ticket for speeding once again. It was on the highway and the ticket is "Speeding against highway sign" which is 3 points I believe.

Now my question is, since I had to re-do my 2 years of N driving, will this ticket suspended me right away as if I was on a driving probation from losing my N the first time? or since the last tickets are from over a year ago and ive since restarted my N I have been given a "fresh start" on the N license?

Also the place where i got this speeding ticket is like 300km's away from me, if I dispute the ticket do I have to go there to show up for court or can I request to go to court somewhere in Vancouver to plead guilty and try to get the points dropped from my license/reduced fine?

You may or may not get suspended but this depends on whether or not you are still on the probation period. IIRC, probation periods last 2 years after (I could be mistaken). And if this is the case, when you plead guilty (by either paying the fine or going to court and being found guilty), you will be suspended. You can try to avoid this by getting your class 5 license prior to pleading/being found guilty.

You cannot get points dropped as it is part of the ticket that ICBC regulates. The fine may be reduced by the JJP as that is the charge of the ticket. You will need to attend their court unless you can get a transfer.

wing_woo 04-14-2009 09:44 AM

If you are elligible for your Class 5 soon, then file for dispute. It'll be about a year before you get your court date (unless the place you sped at is some rural area and aren't many disputes). If you are able to get your Class 5 between now and the court date, then do that. If you pass, then just tell them you change your mind and pay the fine. That way you don't need to go 300Km to show up to court. You may get suspended, but after your suspension, you'd at least already have a Class 5 and not have to go through the N program again.

Konrad 04-14-2009 10:06 AM

I can't do my class 5 untill February 2009. Can I take a icbc approved drivers course and get 6 months taken off my N and do the class 5 in about a month as 6 months is taken off. Would I be allowed to do the course while I have a ticket in dispute?

Konrad 04-14-2009 10:23 AM

nevermind, I forgot that only works if you take the course during your L stage. My best bet is to dispute it, get an adjournment and hope to hell that the court date will be after any possible road test after February 2009. First thing I'll do tommorow is call the detachment of the officer and see if he can be reasonable in my ticket

CRS 04-14-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konrad (Post 6379267)
I can't do my class 5 untill February 2009. Can I take a icbc approved drivers course and get 6 months taken off my N and do the class 5 in about a month as 6 months is taken off. Would I be allowed to do the course while I have a ticket in dispute?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konrad (Post 6379291)
nevermind, I forgot that only works if you take the course during your L stage. My best bet is to dispute it, get an adjournment and hope to hell that the court date will be after any possible road test after February 2009. First thing I'll do tommorow is call the detachment of the officer and see if he can be reasonable in my ticket

Sorry to break it to you but February 2009 already passed. About a month and 14 days ago. Maybe you can time travel to when you received your ticket?

Konrad 04-14-2009 11:13 AM

oh sorry I meant 2010 haha

wing_woo 04-14-2009 12:44 PM

Well, in your case, I would say wait till the last possible day (ie. look at your ticket and see when's the latest you can dispute it) and file your dispute on that day. Then hope that the court date isn't until after Feb 2010. In the meantime, don't do anything stupid that can get you a ticket and hope you pass the road test before the court date.

simsimi1004 04-14-2009 08:22 PM

i disputed mine about 2-3month ago, got my class 5 last week!
still no sign of court date!
just dispute it

dt789 05-02-2009 01:10 AM

what you can also do is.. file the dispute on the latest day possiable, and then, when they give you the court date(about one year later), asked them to extend the court date because you won't be making it for some reasons. this will give you atleast one or two month extension.
hope this helped

pandalove 05-18-2009 04:35 PM

i got a ticket today ..
my first one was jsut a warning for speeding
and the one i got today was speeding + no N sign
will i get suspended? my class 5 is next week .. will i be able to do it ?

Nvasion 05-18-2009 05:48 PM

yes you will get suspended... hurry and get your class 5 to be safe. once you get 2 tickets with your N your going to be suspended.

pandalove 05-18-2009 07:21 PM

even if its a warning ?

Nvasion 05-18-2009 07:53 PM

hmmmm then maybe not.. just to be safe go get your class 5. which reminds me i should get my class 5

sho_bc 05-18-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandalove (Post 6427820)
i got a ticket today ..
my first one was jsut a warning for speeding
and the one i got today was speeding + no N sign
will i get suspended? my class 5 is next week .. will i be able to do it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandalove (Post 6428049)
even if its a warning ?

A single ticket with 2 violations is different that a single ticket with 1 violation. Speeding + No "N" is 2 violations.

wing_woo 05-19-2009 08:32 AM

depends on whether you got points tacked onto your no "N" ticket. Also, just get your class 5 next week and pay the ticket after you have optained your Class 5. If you get suspended, at least you won't have to do the Class 7 thing all over again.