REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Doing your N all over again

Hello, just hoping someone can shed some light on this situation that I am in...

About 2 years ago I got 2 tickets in a short amount of time.
Ticket 1:
Driving contrary to restrictions

Ticket 2:
Speeding
Not displaying N sign

--------------------------

After this I was suspended from driving for 3 months and then got my license back without a problem as I paid both tickets early.

I am now in my 3rd year of my N basically, and I got a ticket for speeding once again. It was on the highway and the ticket is "Speeding against highway sign" which is 3 points I believe.

Now my question is, since I had to re-do my 2 years of N driving, will this ticket suspended me right away as if I was on a driving probation from losing my N the first time? or since the last tickets are from over a year ago and ive since restarted my N I have been given a "fresh start" on the N license?

Also the place where i got this speeding ticket is like 300km's away from me, if I dispute the ticket do I have to go there to show up for court or can I request to go to court somewhere in Vancouver to plead guilty and try to get the points dropped from my license/reduced fine?
Advertisement
Konrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
Hello, just hoping someone can shed some light on this situation that I am in...

About 2 years ago I got 2 tickets in a short amount of time.
Ticket 1:
Driving contrary to restrictions

Ticket 2:
Speeding
Not displaying N sign

--------------------------

After this I was suspended from driving for 3 months and then got my license back without a problem as I paid both tickets early.

I am now in my 3rd year of my N basically, and I got a ticket for speeding once again. It was on the highway and the ticket is "Speeding against highway sign" which is 3 points I believe.

Now my question is, since I had to re-do my 2 years of N driving, will this ticket suspended me right away as if I was on a driving probation from losing my N the first time? or since the last tickets are from over a year ago and ive since restarted my N I have been given a "fresh start" on the N license?

Also the place where i got this speeding ticket is like 300km's away from me, if I dispute the ticket do I have to go there to show up for court or can I request to go to court somewhere in Vancouver to plead guilty and try to get the points dropped from my license/reduced fine?
You may or may not get suspended but this depends on whether or not you are still on the probation period. IIRC, probation periods last 2 years after (I could be mistaken). And if this is the case, when you plead guilty (by either paying the fine or going to court and being found guilty), you will be suspended. You can try to avoid this by getting your class 5 license prior to pleading/being found guilty.

You cannot get points dropped as it is part of the ticket that ICBC regulates. The fine may be reduced by the JJP as that is the charge of the ticket. You will need to attend their court unless you can get a transfer.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

If you are elligible for your Class 5 soon, then file for dispute. It'll be about a year before you get your court date (unless the place you sped at is some rural area and aren't many disputes). If you are able to get your Class 5 between now and the court date, then do that. If you pass, then just tell them you change your mind and pay the fine. That way you don't need to go 300Km to show up to court. You may get suspended, but after your suspension, you'd at least already have a Class 5 and not have to go through the N program again.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #4

I can't do my class 5 untill February 2009. Can I take a icbc approved drivers course and get 6 months taken off my N and do the class 5 in about a month as 6 months is taken off. Would I be allowed to do the course while I have a ticket in dispute?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #5

nevermind, I forgot that only works if you take the course during your L stage. My best bet is to dispute it, get an adjournment and hope to hell that the court date will be after any possible road test after February 2009. First thing I'll do tommorow is call the detachment of the officer and see if he can be reasonable in my ticket
Old 04-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
I can't do my class 5 untill February 2009. Can I take a icbc approved drivers course and get 6 months taken off my N and do the class 5 in about a month as 6 months is taken off. Would I be allowed to do the course while I have a ticket in dispute?
Quote:
nevermind, I forgot that only works if you take the course during your L stage. My best bet is to dispute it, get an adjournment and hope to hell that the court date will be after any possible road test after February 2009. First thing I'll do tommorow is call the detachment of the officer and see if he can be reasonable in my ticket
Sorry to break it to you but February 2009 already passed. About a month and 14 days ago. Maybe you can time travel to when you received your ticket?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #7

oh sorry I meant 2010 haha
Old 04-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #8

Well, in your case, I would say wait till the last possible day (ie. look at your ticket and see when's the latest you can dispute it) and file your dispute on that day. Then hope that the court date isn't until after Feb 2010. In the meantime, don't do anything stupid that can get you a ticket and hope you pass the road test before the court date.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

i disputed mine about 2-3month ago, got my class 5 last week!
still no sign of court date!
just dispute it
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #10
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

what you can also do is.. file the dispute on the latest day possiable, and then, when they give you the court date(about one year later), asked them to extend the court date because you won't be making it for some reasons. this will give you atleast one or two month extension.
hope this helped
Old 05-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

i got a ticket today ..
my first one was jsut a warning for speeding
and the one i got today was speeding + no N sign
will i get suspended? my class 5 is next week .. will i be able to do it ?
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:48 PM   #12
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

yes you will get suspended... hurry and get your class 5 to be safe. once you get 2 tickets with your N your going to be suspended.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

even if its a warning ?
pandalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 PM   #14
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

hmmmm then maybe not.. just to be safe go get your class 5. which reminds me i should get my class 5
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #15
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandalove View Post
i got a ticket today ..
my first one was jsut a warning for speeding
and the one i got today was speeding + no N sign
will i get suspended? my class 5 is next week .. will i be able to do it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandalove View Post
even if its a warning ?
A single ticket with 2 violations is different that a single ticket with 1 violation. Speeding + No "N" is 2 violations.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #16

depends on whether you got points tacked onto your no "N" ticket. Also, just get your class 5 next week and pay the ticket after you have optained your Class 5. If you get suspended, at least you won't have to do the Class 7 thing all over again.