REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   How do i know which station to call to speak to ticket issuing officer? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/572065-how-do-i-know-station-call-speak-ticket-issuing-officer.html)

Aztek DeViL 04-13-2009 08:25 PM

How do i know which station to call to speak to ticket issuing officer?

Hi and apprecaite you taking the time to read this,

just got landed recently with two full tickets (3 citations each), i dont want to go through the lenthy process of disputing them but would like to discuss the tickets with the issuing officer.

The 1st count i completely understand and accept; however the other 5 dont make any sense to me.

i have his "officer enforcing #" but i don't know which station to call to leave him a message on his voice mail or to get in touch with him.

look forward to an informative reply,

ps: whats the maximum amount of points for a class5 license b4 it gets taken away?

CRS 04-13-2009 08:37 PM

Where were you when you got your ticket issued? Like what municipality/city? Depending on where you were when it was issued, it is most likely at that detachment.

Aztek DeViL 04-13-2009 08:42 PM

i was in northvancouver, 1775 main street, just in front of Phibbs exchange when ticket was issued.

Although it said on the tiket " hwy1 west bound 1st ave."

plus it was a unmarked suv that pulled me over if that matters?

also the sirens came on just b4 entering the iron workers memorial bridge

CRS 04-13-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aztek DeViL (Post 6378487)
i was in northvancouver, 1775 main street, just in front of Phibbs exchange when ticket was issued.

Although it said on the tiket " hwy1 west bound 1st ave."

plus it was a unmarked suv that pulled me over if that matters?

also the sirens came on just b4 entering the iron workers memorial bridge

If you were in North Vancouver it should be the North Vancouver Detachment.

North Vancouver – RCMP
147 East 14th Street
North Vancouver, BC V7L 2N4
Phone: 985-1311

They are open from 8AM-7PM.

I hope this help.

Aztek DeViL 04-13-2009 09:03 PM

greatly appreciate the help...

furthmore, in your honest opinion would it have been safer to pull over midway on the bridge, or to take the nearest exit and immediately pull over in a safe location?

CRS 04-13-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aztek DeViL (Post 6378518)
greatly appreciate the help...

furthmore, in your honest opinion would it have been safer to pull over midway on the bridge, or to take the nearest exit and immediately pull over in a safe location?

General rule I would follow is you see lights, pull over when safe (bridge situations or high/fast traffic) though I would indicate that I acknowledge I need to pull over with my turn signals on or hazard lights. If you see lights and hear sirens, pull over right now.

Aztek DeViL 04-13-2009 09:32 PM

understood...communicate with signals no dout about that.

see what happen that sat morning (1am) was, I got on the right lane goin west bound on IWM Bridge waitng to take next exit to pull over for officer, then a motorist in the middle lane heard/noticed sirens as well and imdetiately want to swtch to the right lane;

now the motorists in middle lane forgot to shoulder check and almost side swiped me while police officer was behind me.

therefore, i imediatley took evasive action to not get sidswiped to the wall of the bridge by accelrating a bit forward, once the accident was avoided signals were on to take exit, then car is parked under bridge with hazards on, rolled down window and next thing i see is a firearm being pointed to me saying "let me see your hands."

all i did was appologise awaited sentencing and went home with a hefty fine.

the sirens came on because i was over the speed limit and i accept that, but due to the once in the blue moon missap on the bridge i feel the other 5 counts being charged are quite extreme, and uneseccary.

bills are already pilling up and am unable to cover full $1069 fine,

will speaking to ticket issuing officer help at all?

CRS 04-13-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aztek DeViL (Post 6378569)
understood...communicate with signals no dout about that.

see what happen that sat morning (1am) was, I got on the right lane goin west bound on IWM Bridge waitng to take next exit to pull over for officer, then a motorist in the middle lane heard/noticed sirens as well and imdetiately want to swtch to the right lane;

now the motorists in middle lane forgot to shoulder check and almost side swiped me while police officer was behind me.

therefore, i imediatley took evasive action to not get sidswiped to the wall of the bridge by accelrating a bit forward, once the accident was avoided signals were on to take exit, then car is parked under bridge with hazards on, rolled down window and next thing i see is a firearm being pointed to me saying "let me see your hands."

all i did was appologise awaited sentencing and went home with a hefty fine.

the sirens came on because i was over the speed limit and i accept that, but due to the once in the blue moon missap on the bridge i feel the other 5 counts being charged are quite extreme, and uneseccary.

bills are already pilling up and am unable to cover full $1069 fine,

will speaking to ticket issuing officer help at all?

It shouldn't hurt. You could make a plea with him and say you will plead guilty to speeding if he takes off the other charges. Or you could try to explain your situation to him and hope that he sympathizes.

Though stepping on your brakes would have been the better option, accelerating does make it seem like you're trying to run away. And you can't use the "I couldn't brake in time/if I braked, I would've hit the guy" then you didn't allow a safe distance between the cars and that would be your fault.

Eitherway, good luck on your citations.

Aztek DeViL 04-13-2009 09:44 PM

all i can do is talk to him, hopefully i can get in touch with him and go from there.

appreciate the help.

Aztek DeViL 04-21-2009 07:36 PM

So i called northvan rcmp station on April 14, 2009 (tickets were issued aprill 11th);

spoke to a lady there, im assuming front desk attendant(not to sure her title), she then patched me through; i left a message with my name, phone #, and the issueing officers # and a request for a call back to discuss the viloation tickets i was issued. the voice mail message seemed rather general and not specific to that officer's voice mail box.

so far it's april 21st and no reply...

i found out just today that even when the issueing officer said that "i was lucky i didnt get my lisence taken away." which i was more than greatfull for, the tickets i was issued comes out to 15 pts, max allowed is 12pts, and drivers liscence bureau might/will take my licesce away.

would greatly appreciate a reply to my predicament.

PS: warning to all those who make/ want to make the poor decesion in speeding on the road. First your at risk of hurting/killing someone/thing and simply think of Aztek and the hole he is in right now.

MyPresIzBlack 04-21-2009 08:31 PM

You should dispute your ticket, and see a judge. And ask for a reduction in fines/tickets/whatever. IMO, dont waaste your time trying to get a hold of the issuing cop as they might/will take a LONG time to reply back as they have very busy schedules. Better off taking it to court, asking the judge to reduce something or plead guilty to certain charges only.

CRS 04-22-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyPresIzBlack (Post 6391788)
You should dispute your ticket, and see a judge. And ask for a reduction in fines/tickets/whatever. IMO, dont waaste your time trying to get a hold of the issuing cop as they might/will take a LONG time to reply back as they have very busy schedules. Better off taking it to court, asking the judge to reduce something or plead guilty to certain charges only.

Pretty good advice. Dispute the ticket only if the cop didn't give you every ticket he could've. For example, if he gave you a speeding instead of an excessive speeding, then you should try to talk to him to see if he will take off a ticket. But if he gave everything he could have the dispute and on the court date, he will want to talk to you and when he does say that you will plead guilty if he takes off ___________ from your list.

In addition to this, the judge will ask the officer if there is anything that he would like to note before she makes her ruling. If this is your first offense then you're in pretty good form. But if you have a crappy record, the officer will say something about it (this is if you plead not guilty.. Normally... if you plead guilty and did the above, he will most likely say nothing). There is a lot to consider.

wing_woo 04-22-2009 08:28 AM

Just wait for him to call back. If he doesn't call back by the end of the week, then just try again. If you do plan to dispute it and the officer doesn't call you back before the deadline to dispute, then just dispute it but keep trying to contact the officer. If he still doesn't call you back, then he's probably not gonna. I think though that if you try to explain what happened now, it'll be better as he hopefully is more calm and can see things in a different light. Just tell him though that you acknowledge speeding and take responsibility for that and tell him you want to talk about the other charges. Good luck! Oh yeah, officers are on 4 day rotations I think so if you catch him right when he goes off, then there's at least 4 days where he's not in and when he gets back, he'll have to go through 4 days of voice mails too so just be patient. Just make sure to file the dispute before the deadline if you do go that route.

Aztek DeViL 04-22-2009 05:30 PM

so....

best thing try get in touch with ticket issueing officer, if that fails make sure to submit disputes b4 deadline.

wing_woo 04-23-2009 08:22 AM

Yep

dragon_88 04-24-2009 02:32 AM

dispute it. i won 9/12 violations in court

Aztek DeViL 04-24-2009 10:00 AM

how in the world did you ge stuck wth 12 violations dragon_88?

yvrnycracer 04-24-2009 10:39 AM

To be quite frank... do not expect anything from N-V RCMP... they are notorious for being THE WORST RCMP detachment to deal with in the GVRD... (This coming from Police Officers from other detatchments...)

Just try to get one of someone to take a report when someone breaks into your car... Good luck with this... sounds like an interesting one...

jlenko 04-25-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aztek DeViL (Post 6391592)
PS: warning to all those who make/ want to make the poor decesion in speeding on the road. First your at risk of hurting/killing someone/thing and simply think of Aztek and the hole he is in right now.

This is great advice, it's a shame that most people (here on RS and in general) don't learn from other's mistakes and are going to repeat them anyway.

Aztek DeViL 04-30-2009 04:51 PM

so got in touch with violation ticket issueing officer, turns out he does'nt belong to North Van RCMP, rather he is a member of the "Portmann Highway Patrol "(another detachement of RCMP).

called them on Wed/Apr/29/2009 , he was'nt in, they patched me to his voice mail, left a message and now I wait for a reply hopefully.

*Below is a great website, of detachements locations and #'s*, although i had to call around to figure out where, and how to get in touch with the Violation Ticket issueing P/O"; found this by, you guessed it, Google

http://policeinternational.com/displ...0&sub_cat_id=2

CRS 04-30-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aztek DeViL (Post 6404335)
so got in touch with violation ticket issueing officer, turns out he does'nt belong to North Van RCMP, rather he is a member of the "Portmann Highway Patrol "(another detachement of RCMP).

called them on Wed/Apr/29/2009 , he was'nt in, they patched me to his voice mail, left a message and now I wait for a reply hopefully.

*Below is a great website, of detachements locations and #'s*, although i had to call around to figure out where, and how to get in touch with the Violation Ticket issueing P/O"; found this by, you guessed it, Google

http://policeinternational.com/displ...0&sub_cat_id=2

:lol

Oh man, speeding tickets and stuff like that are those guys bread and butter.

Aztek DeViL 05-04-2009 06:40 PM

P/O got back to me, unfortunately i was eating and had missed his call; although he did leave a message saying...

"unfortunately there is nothing i can do once the ticket is submitted...and you going to have to contact motor vehicle branch and contest the ticket if you choose not to pay it."

its not that i choose not to pay it, i would gladly pay for the full "excessive speeding" ticket because i know I am 100% guilty of that, Although I would like to discuss the rest with him based on financial situation and driver's licsence dilema.

is it wise to ---bother/ try get in touch with ---the PO again to communicate to him the dilema...or move on and contest?

CRS 05-04-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aztek DeViL (Post 6409716)
P/O got back to me, unfortunately i was eating and had missed his call; although he did leave a message saying...

"unfortunately there is nothing i can do once the ticket is submitted...and you going to have to contact motor vehicle branch and contest the ticket if you choose not to pay it."

its not that i choose not to pay it, i would gladly pay for the full "excessive speeding" ticket because i know I am 100% guilty of that, Although I would like to discuss the rest with him based on financial situation and driver's licsence dilema.

is it wise to ---bother/ try get in touch with ---the PO again to communicate to him the dilema...or move on and contest?

Why not do both? Just because you dispute it, it doesn't stop you from getting in contact with the officer.

Five-Oh 05-04-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aztek DeViL (Post 6409716)

You talking to him now won't make a difference. Once we submit the ticket, which he has done, he can't do anything about it. If you dispute the ticket and go to traffic court, that would be the time to speak with him about your circumstances and in traffic court he has the ability to drop charges if he so chooses.

zulutango 05-05-2009 07:16 AM

The paperwork involved in cancelling a ticket is NOT worth the effort. We have to have a legitimate reason for cancelling them. As 5-0 says, dispute and talk to the Member at the courthouse. You may be able to do "lets make a deal" before the cas starts that day. Up to the Member. Sometime I did, depends on the circumstances involved, If I already gave you a break on the charges, how many cases I have to run that day, your attitude etc.