REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #26
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
i dunno i think the side profile looks quite very concept car like. hate the grill though
Advertisement
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #27
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
It could be true, but it takes quite a lot of work to be work at that level in the first place. Every corporation is "biased" because it has more than one person working for it. Any good company requires people to work as a team player and social skills; no matter how good your technical acumen / qualifications might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
A little off-topic, but that bio on the chick who designed it pisses me off... makes you think "Hey I can go to that school and get a job like that too!" but read between the lines (or more iomportantly the last sentence) and you realize her hubby put in a good word and greased the rails for that hiring, no doubt about it... I hate how the world is so effing biased but takes such great strides trying to appear not to be. Everyone talks like they're self-made.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #28
I subscribe to Revscene

Wow, that's.....hideous.

New Greater Vancouver BMW Forums..

GV///Bimmers
elkayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

^ Why all the hate? Car doesn't look half bad. Yes, it looks like a Murano, but let's face it, it's hard to make cars look 100% original based on current evolution.

Not sure why they used the RX8-style handleless suicide doors though. Most likely no legroom in the back.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #30
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
^ Why all the hate? Car doesn't look half bad. Yes, it looks like a Murano, but let's face it, it's hard to make cars look 100% original based on current evolution.

Not sure why they used the RX8-style handleless suicide doors though. Most likely no legroom in the back.
it's not about how it looks. there's a lot of good designers out there, you can tell simply by looking around on the internet. some people design really cool looking cars on photoshop or using some kind of CG program, innovative new designs just like the RDX. it's the fact that she got greased into the position. and the article gives the impression that shes self made, having an epic design with a unique mind. designing cars is just a job, a job which she slid into easily. they didn't cherry pick her from a group of thousands of people. but that's the way our world spins.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #31
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Nah, Acura coudn't have copied the X6 because the X6 came out in when...2007 or 2008? The ZDX was penned when the designer was 25...she's now 28....in other words, the car was first designed in 2006.

Anyways, I think this looks much better than the TL..the implementation of that power plenum grille is much better.
iforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #32
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

they are all copying the Aztek in terms of its basic design
first the X6 and now this...
FAIL
09' BMW 128I Coupe (E82) - FS
04' BMW M3 Coupe (E46) - SR
17' Acura MDX SUV (YD4) - SOLD
15' Acura RDX SUV (TB4) - SOLD
14' Acura ILX Sedan (DE1) - SOLD
04' Nissan Pathfinder LE SUV (R50) - SOLD
07 Infiniti FX35 SUV (S50) -SOLD
06' BMW 330i Sedan (E90) - SOLD
97' Acura 1.6EL Sedan (MB4) - SOLD
99' Honda Civic Hatch (EJ6) - SOLD
84' Pontiac Sunbird Coupe (J2000) - SOLD
Kalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #33

ah well, it probably didn't cost Honda much to make this since it's pretty much based on the MDX.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:40 PM   #34
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post

Profile of the designer

If you guys are so great, why don't you guys go through the necessary training to be a designer for the car companies?
I despise this argument. Why don't all critics go and do what they criticize themselves? If Ebert and Roeper are so great, why don't they make their own movies? Why doesn't Pitchfork write their own albums? Why doesn't Jeremy Clarkson build his own cars?

This vehicle is an eyesore and Acura already has two CUV/SUVs. Their bread and butter vehicles - the TSX, TL and arguably the RL - are frankly heavily lacking in the design department. They should have invested more time and development into those vehicles, giving them more engine and transmission options (ie a V6 TSX with manual transmission, or the next TL coupe) rather than this. It is probably cheap and economically sensible for them to develop this car since it is based on the MDX, and they will probably make profit out of it, but this does nothing to elevate their brand status which is sinking like the titanic.

Releasing that abomination of a 3rd gen TL, leaving the RL stagnant and to rot, canceling the S2K and NSX only to come up with this is extremely disappointing. I will not purchase any new Honda product and will encourage my friends to do the same for years to come until they fix their core vehicles.
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #35
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by svelt View Post
This vehicle is an eyesore and Acura already has two CUV/SUVs. Their bread and butter vehicles - the TSX, TL and arguably the RL - are frankly heavily lacking in the design department. They should have invested more time and development into those vehicles, giving them more engine and transmission options (ie a V6 TSX with manual transmission, or the next TL coupe) rather than this. It is probably cheap and economically sensible for them to develop this car since it is based on the MDX, and they will probably make profit out of it, but this does nothing to elevate their brand status which is sinking like the titanic.

Releasing that abomination of a 3rd gen TL, leaving the RL stagnant and to rot, canceling the S2K and NSX only to come up with this is extremely disappointing. I will not purchase any new Honda product and will encourage my friends to do the same for years to come until they fix their core vehicles.

Blah blah blah blah...same rhetoric about Honda/Acura...they've kept to their core this whole time...premium reliable FWD with lots of value... what do you mean they need to fix it? I think you mean they gotta enhance their brand by offering more options.

As much as I wanna see Honda with a RWD V8...it's deaf ears with Honda...they've been doing it their way and have been pretty succesfull in sales increases with both brands Honda/Acura.

Design wise...it's subjective....I've notice everytime they release a car...they get a lot of slack from everyone...but for some reason...their cars age very well.

Have you seen the new TL? It actually looks decent in person...it has a unique road presence about it. The new Accord looks much better than the pics...The civic is selling like hotcakes...

Clearly they dont have a car that suits you...so what exactly are you going to bad mouth Honda/Acura about to your friends?
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #36
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,263 Times in 300 Posts
Quote:

The RL just got a re-design? its in dealers right now?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:31 AM   #37
I don't get it

wow,,, looks like shit...
VBP EP3 *sold*
Eros250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #38

Quote:
I despise this argument. Why don't all critics go and do what they criticize themselves? If Ebert and Roeper are so great, why don't they make their own movies? Why doesn't Pitchfork write their own albums? Why doesn't Jeremy Clarkson build his own cars?

Looks are subjective. IMO the X6 and the new FX are much worse than the ZDX in the design department.

I really don't understand why you associated the word "abomination" with the 3rd gen TL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but abomination means shameful and/or greatly disliked. The 3rd gen TL was the best selling vehicle in Acura, how was that "greatly disliked"?

They are working on the next generation RL. There are already pictures of the test mule on the internet and it's said that it will have RWD and V8.

There has never been plans for replacing the S2000, how is that "canceling"? May be you meant to say they didn't bother to replace it with something else.

I agree though, canceling the NSX is disappointing, but blame the economy.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

^
by 3rd gen TL he probably meant the newest generation. not the 2004-2008 model
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:26 AM   #40
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

fugly grill...diu. still can't get used to it.
BabyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #41
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
I like it. From concept car to real deal this car probably takes the cake for getting the least "de-tuned" in the looks department.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
^
by 3rd gen TL he probably meant the newest generation. not the 2004-2008 model
lol, ya, probably. But the 4G has been selling alright too. Just last month in the States, over 3000 of them were sold, which is about the same as the new A4, but more than the facelifted G37, IS, and ES.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #43
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
First it was the god awful X6 and now this.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

i don't see many x6 around so i doubt ppl will but the zdx
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote