REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Sticky Situation... What to do? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/572415-sticky-situation-what-do.html)

alphabet 04-16-2009 05:36 PM

Sticky Situation... What to do?

Hello.

I went on a date with this girl and the night ended with us making out. But after we made out, I feel that I have lost a lot of attraction towards her... She just doesn't seem as attractive as before.

At the moment she's chasing me, texting, phone calls, etc. It's fun when I'm alone with her, we touch and flirt off the roof. She's comforting and all, but I'm not so sure if I want it to progress further.

What would you do in my situation? Should I go on a second date to affirm what I want, distance myself from her, tell her straight up that we're better off as friends?

She's slowly merging with my social circle, so I don't want to lose a friend... or have her badmouthing me... Like I led her on or something.

Thanks.

HappyDorky 04-16-2009 05:57 PM

well, you can always try it out
try a second date,
if it still doesnt feel right,
then you'll know shes not the one for you,

or it seems like
you like your girls fresh,
once u made a move on them
and made them fall for you etc
you tend to lose that freshness,
and would want something else
:(

impactX 04-16-2009 06:22 PM

You like the chase but don't like what come after. You think she's too easy. You just don't want her to badmouth and ruin your chance with a fresh new girl, whom you will lose attraction in no time again.

k2_alpha 04-16-2009 06:46 PM

since she is just entering your circle, it is better for you tell her that you are not interested.

leaving her now is better than going on a second date.
will seem like you are not trying to lead her on further after you found out that you are not interested.

alphabet 04-16-2009 06:51 PM

But telling her straight up would kill the friendship?

Culture_Vulture 04-16-2009 06:58 PM

This happens to me sometimes.

I'd go on a second date, just to see if the flare is still there. Because often times, in between meet ups, people tend to do a lot of texting and IM'ing and phoning. These things are largely different from the types of things people actually do when they're together in person, so people often get a disillusioned image of the person they're actually interacting with.

If it doesn't work, you could always tell her the truth.

asian_XL 04-16-2009 06:58 PM

I'm sorry, you are an asshole

HappyDorky 04-16-2009 07:02 PM

^,
maybe that's why he made a new account
just to post this thread up

tiger_handheld 04-16-2009 10:42 PM

^ mayb its joe again?

ASG111 04-16-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 6383560)
^ mayb its joe again?

rofl... nice to know he had some progress.
hey joe- you sure that was a girl?

Girl 04-17-2009 12:01 AM

No way! Can't be Joe, it's not self-deprecating enough.

OP: You were probably just enjoying the flirting and the company. Cuz I know I've done that, lead some poor guy on who I didn't like nor really care about but he was company, easy on the eyes, as dumb as an elephant, but gave me the attention i wanted. We hung out one time and he kissed me and stupid me...i let him. I went home and seriously backed the fuck off even though I remained friends with him, he took the hint.

So really depends on the degree of friendship you have with the girl. Act neutral, hang out with her again and if you're not feeling it, drop some hints, the "you're like a sister to me" works well :D BUAHAHAH and if not, then just lay it all out. If she really treated u like a good friend, she'll come back.

/Girl

BoneThug 04-17-2009 12:12 AM

id stick around till i found someone better. then feel trapped cause i kept up the lie that long and not be able to pull the trigger. dont be like me. stick around, but make sure you drop her quick later on, or else then you are fucked.

hotjoint 04-17-2009 07:35 AM

let her down easy

Noir 04-17-2009 09:52 AM

I'm sorry. Has this forum turned into the Sex & the City for men?

So you lost the atrraction and don't dig the chick anymore, Big Woop. No need to over-analyze and disect the situation and open up discussion on a phenomenon so trivial.

Move on to the next girl and let the chips fall where they may. Seriously, your problem isn't as big as you think it is. Any consequential results will be minor as well.

RacePace 04-17-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6384109)

it's always been this way

wasabisashimi 04-17-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphabet (Post 6383034)
Hello.

I went on a date with this girl and the night ended with us making out. But after we made out, I feel that I have lost a lot of attraction towards her... She just doesn't seem as attractive as before.

At the moment she's chasing me, texting, phone calls, etc. It's fun when I'm alone with her, we touch and flirt off the roof. She's comforting and all, but I'm not so sure if I want it to progress further.

What would you do in my situation? Should I go on a second date to affirm what I want, distance myself from her, tell her straight up that we're better off as friends?

She's slowly merging with my social circle, so I don't want to lose a friend... or have her badmouthing me... Like I led her on or something.

Thanks.

try dating a man if that sparks anything for u

Sodium 04-17-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 6384109)

So you lost the atrraction and don't dig the chick anymore, Big Woop. No need to over-analyze and disect the situation and open up discussion on a phenomenon so trivial.

Move on to the next girl and let the chips fall where they may. Seriously, your problem isn't as big as you think it is. Any consequential results will be minor as well.

But he's dealing with Miss Drama Queen.....it could give him a pretty bad rep for a while....and we all know how small Vancouver is...

Ulic Qel-Droma 04-17-2009 04:49 PM

did her breath stink or some shit? was she a bad kisser? what the fuck?

shit i mean most men would be like "I got a taste of the hole in her head, how I gotta get a taste of the hole between her legs."

umpadupa 05-05-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 6384651)

shit i mean most men would be like "I got a taste of the hole in her head, how I gotta get a taste of the hole between her legs."

just to add.. did she have a stash? i cant stand girls wif mustaches.. it just.. pisses me off.. like.. they look hot, have all the right things, they look like they try to keep them selves beautiful. and when u get close.. BAM! shes got a girl-stash.. :fuuuuu:

HollyZ32 05-05-2009 12:22 PM

Deff dont no go on a second date
if you dont like her in that kinda way what good is a second date gonna do
if anything it will start to make her think she has a better chance with her and then when you do decided that you actaully dont like her then she will take it as leading her on if shes a DQ then she will start bad mouthing
its best to let her off now
and if she does make it hard to let her go its sure as a hell alot better to do it now then later when she could make it worse when you hurt her feelings even more!

DanHibiki 05-05-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

hahah i lol'ed like a motherfucker

faithful101 05-14-2009 03:36 AM

I'd say leave her alone for a little while and then have a second date. If the feeling don't come back then I suggest you tell her straight up.. rather than her finding out and then badmouthing u like crazy.

Durrann1984 05-14-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by umpadupa (Post 6410225)
just to add.. did she have a stash? i cant stand girls wif mustaches.. it just.. pisses me off.. like.. they look hot, have all the right things, they look like they try to keep them selves beautiful. and when u get close.. BAM! shes got a girl-stash.. :fuuuuu:

lol ya that realli pisses the fuck out of me
i just wanna take my razor...and just wave it across her hairy stash

03aspec 05-14-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 6383146)
I'm sorry, you are an asshole

asshole? all i see as an idiot who has a chance at getting some, but is willing to wave it off. right on!

03aspec 05-14-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

you cant forget, this is revscene afterall.