REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
random girl at tickers kiosk

so i was at the local mall, and saw this random chick at tickers kisok. she was an employee and the kisok was not that busy. as a result, she was reading something of her own and looking up once in a while to see if there were customers. so how would you approach her and start a convo? specially given she is reading something. i didnt need a watch, so approaching the kiosk to buy a watch was out of teh question.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Grab some balls, walk up to her and tell her that she's attractive, and that you would've kicked yourself if you didn't talk to her. This implies confidence in your character which girls love to see. At the same time, girls rarely get hit on in daytime, they expect to be hit on at night, such as bars and clubs, but daytime in the mall... Not so much. I can guarantee a positive reaction from her.

Talk about something, then use how she's slacking at work to tease her... Etc.
gearshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^^ Can't guarantee postive results, but the guy is right, grow a pair and talk to her. Like AsRealAsItGets, the guy took the chance and talked to some random girl, sure he didn't get her or anything but confidence>anything.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #4

Alright, I can't guarantee a positive reaction from her, but since its ego boosting and out of the blue for her... Chances are you'll expect:
1. A smile
2. A thank you
3. Be WTF ... <--- But I highly doubt it

And since your goal is to OPEN her, you would have accomplished that in a non-creeper way. How it flows from then on is up to you.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Start with:

"Fuck me if I'm wrong but is your name Olga Hoobinsleemal?"
Old 04-17-2009, 03:10 AM   #6
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Easy. I've done this many times.

Go up to her pretending to check out some products, and then say "Let me get your opinion on something".
She'll respond, thinking you want to ask her about the products,
and all you have to do is pop a random line to start generating a conversation.

I used the same technique on a girl before and I told her people didn't like her.
She was confused/choked to begin with, but eventually that weird remark got me her number.

And to tell the truth, that line came out of the blue.
All you gotta do is be creative with your remarks.

Last edited by Culture_Vulture; 04-17-2009 at 03:23 AM. Reason: I can't spell.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:18 AM   #7

Or, you can try something equally creative that I read once online and have tried about half a dozen times now (usually with pretty good results).

Go up to her and say:
"Hi. Me and my friends were having a bet, and the loser *point to yourself* has to go up to the kiosk with the *insert adjective for flattery, i.e. most beautiful or cutest* girl in this mall and ask her out for coffee after work"
Give her time to swallow all that, but before she can reply, add,
"So...I'm here to ask you...in your opinion, which kiosk in this mall has the most *repeat line of flattery* girl?"

Of course, say all this only half serious.
If your tone is right, usually they'll take the hint that you're joking and you'll hit it off right away. (You'd be amazed at how desperate people could get for some entertainment when they're bored at work).
If not, then she might be choked (assuming that she is beautiful or cute, etc.), or she might really give you her opinion; in either which case, you can take it and tell her that you're actually more interested in her OR (if you prefer to be more indirect) ask her a question of sorts (ex. about products, about the bet--even if there wasn't one, etc.).

Like I said, don't be afraid to be creative with what you say.

Last edited by Culture_Vulture; 04-17-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #8
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
Or, you can try something equally creative that I read once online and have tried about half a dozen times now (usually with pretty good results).

Go up to her and say:
"Hi. Me and my friends were having a bet, and the loser *point to yourself* has to go up to the kiosk with the *insert adjective for flattery, i.e. most beautiful or cutest* girl in this mall and ask her out for coffee after work"
Give her time to swallow all that, but before she can reply, add,
"So...I'm here to ask you...in your opinion, which kiosk in this mall has the most *repeat line of flattery* girl?"

Of course, say all this only half serious.
If your tone is right, usually they'll take the hint that you're joking and you'll hit it off right away. (You'd be amazed at how desperate people could get for some entertainment when they're bored at work).
If not, then she might be choked (assuming that she is beautiful or cute, etc.), or she might really give you her opinion; in either which case, you can take it and tell her that you're actually more interested in her OR (if you prefer to be more indirect) ask her a question of sorts (ex. about products, about the bet--even if there wasn't one, etc.).

Like I said, don't be afraid to be creative with what you say.
^ good one
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I'll help you out...

(SMILE)
You: Excuse me? Bubblegum Bubblegum, triple bum, i like bums..
Her: umm....(kidna laughs)
You: that was a magic spell that's supposed to make you fart
You: *sniff* and it worked..
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
I'll help you out...

(SMILE)
You: Excuse me? Bubblegum Bubblegum, triple bum, i like bums..
Her: umm....(kidna laughs)
You: that was a magic spell that's supposed to make you fart
You: *sniff* and it worked..
LOL
Old 04-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
@RSX ... lol .. wtf??

but dosn't walking up to a random person, seem kinda stalkerish?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
1. approach from the front, the last thing you want is to startle her
2. smile smile smile
3. dont smile TOO much
4. no grins
5. no clown make up to enhance your smile

As for lines..honestly, you just need to say hello to break the ice. Joke around with her. Do not think of her as *that* hot girl..think of her as a fat chick that you have to be nice too because her friend is hot..you'll be cocky, confident and aloof

You got this buddy!!
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

Rsx what kinda weed u got and i need somma that shit man!!
Adsdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #14
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
Easy. I've done this many times.

Go up to her pretending to check out some products, and then say "Let me get your opinion on something".
She'll respond, thinking you want to ask her about the products,
and all you have to do is pop a random line to start generating a conversation.

I used the same technique on a girl before and I told her people didn't like her.
She was confused/choked to begin with, but eventually that weird remark got me her number.

And to tell the truth, that line came out of the blue.
All you gotta do is be creative with your remarks.
I always enjoy reading your posts. I'm always learning something new and the techniques you talk about are great.
AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
1. approach from the front, the last thing you want is to startle her
2. smile smile smile
3. dont smile TOO much
4. no grins
5. no clown make up to enhance your smile

As for lines..honestly, you just need to say hello to break the ice. Joke around with her. Do not think of her as *that* hot girl..think of her as a fat chick that you have to be nice too because her friend is hot..you'll be cocky, confident and aloof

You got this buddy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
@RSX ... lol .. wtf??

but dosn't walking up to a random person, seem kinda stalkerish?
It can work.
And it will work.
Humor goes long ways in attraction. Nobody wants to be around a deadweight. Everybody wants to be down with the person full of excitement, and you know what? Being constantly humorous is a way of being exciting.

And to be 100% serious, it's only as stalkerish as you make it seem.
Keep in mind that you are the ONLY one who thinks you're a stalker.
To reassure you about this, we need to first define what it means to be a stalker. To stalk means to move threateningly or menacingly (he American HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language).
Are your intentions to do that?
Are your intentions to show her that you're a threatening or menacing guy?
No, didn't think so.

To her, you could either seem like another regular guy at the mall, or an interesting guy who she happened to have met at work, or a guy she won't ever know about because he thinks if he approaches her, he will look like a stalker. You choose which guy you want to be.

If you truly don't believe you're a stalker, then you won't look or sound like a stalker to her at all.
Here are some tips that worked for me:

-Like rsx said, smile, but not too much. No smile=stalker/weirdo. Too much smile=stalker/weirdo. So learn the medium.
-Remember that it doesn't matter what she looks like, she's still a woman--and aim for the soft spots from that perspective. Or, if it helps boost your confidence, just remember that she might be a crazy bitch underneath all that cuteness or beauty.
-Be friendly. Not just act friendly. BE friendly. You'll find out that if you be friendly to the people you meet in life, they tend to return the favor instead of calling you a stalker and telling you to gtfo. This has been scientifically proven.
-Above all, be confident. Be confident about the fact that you're NOT a stalker/weirdo. Be confident that she's just a regular girl that you CAN talk to (despite her looks or whatever). Be confident that you ARE a friendly guy trying to approach a girl he doesn't know.

See? You're not a stalker. You're a friendly guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets View Post
I always enjoy reading your posts. I'm always learning something new and the techniques you talk about are great.
Thanks.
And you know what three things the secret winds down to be?
Confidence + Creativity + Humor.
No need to spend hours at the mall observing people pick up girls to figure this out, because I have done that for you already.

Now humor is something you have to search deep inside yourself for. I don't believe there is such thing as being born "unfunny". Everybody can be humorous--just not all in the same way because everybody has different interests and different tastes. Now just learn to harness that humor for different situations.
Why are comedians so likable? Because they have learned to harness their humor the suit any topic they're talking about.

Creativity is based on life experiences. If you have been through lots, then you will have lots to talk about. If you don't have that under your belt, then make use of your environment. Talk about the guy 6 feet tall with the 2 feet mohawk you just saw. Talk about that fat lady that looks like Oprah at the burrito stand. Talk about the guy who almost slipped and busted his ass on a puddle of coffee at Starbucks last weekend. Talk about anything. Hell, you can even make up shit and she wouldn't know.
I told a girl I approached once while she was at work that I was conducting a social experiment for some of my friends and direly needed her opinion on something; when I had actually approached her on my own agenda. Those "friends" were non-existent, and after asking her a few of these "creative" questions, we were talking like we've known each other for a long time.

Confidence is based even more so on experience. Most people can get creativity and humor down no problem. But the main issue is that they never practice and make use of what they have. As a result, they have zero confidence in their abilities and the 'tools' they have at their disposal.
I always encourage people around me to make as many approaches as possible, (not only towards women, but towards everything) EVEN if they have no 'tools'. Like for instance, I told an under-aged guy (17) to walk into a liquor store and try to talk the security guard into letting him purchase alcohol. Another time I told my friend to talk to the homeless guy outside of SFU Surrey into giving him the loonie that was in his guitar casket (which I suspect he put there himself, but that's beyond the point). Things of that nature sound profoundly idiotic, but you know what? I managed to talk these two guys into making these idiotic approaches (amongst many more) and they are now both very successful with their social circles--I know because I'm part of those circles constantly observing people.
As you make more approaches, you WILL become more endearing and have more self-assurance in your abilities--which will also increase in the process.

I'm in a hurry so I'm not going to bother proofreading lol

-Physixx
This post thanked by: