REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #1

Committed relationship, and keeping things interesting?

Recently a girl I've been seeing got upset because I didn't return her calls and ignored her texts and didn't hang out with her on a weekend...lol it didn't seem like that big of a deal to me at first, but it just occurred to me we're in a relationship and that was kind of an inconsiderate thing to do.

Some background: I'm 22. For the past couple years I've been constantly dating, enjoying (and regretting LOL) flings, some being more serious then others, but never had an actual relationship longer then 2-3 months in my life...I know. =( lol.

So I've seen the good, the bad, and the downright ugly LOL (gold diggers, etc.) and what can I say, with the girl I'm seeing now I get the feeling I might be ready to let this turn into something a little more serious.... but when it comes to committed relationships I'm really not sure what to do, well more importantly, what I shouldn't do. Habits from my past, seem inappropriate now. How do I stay committed, and still keep things interesting for both of us? Any pointers? ps. Thank you for reading

CLIFF NOTES: When you have each other and you're committed, how do you keep things interesting? How do you keep building on that?

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net

Last edited by CanadaGoose; 04-19-2009 at 09:00 AM.
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E N D L E S S View Post
How do I stay committed, and still keep things interesting for both of us?

CLIFF NOTES: When you have each other and you're committed, how do you keep things interesting? How do you keep building on that?
very difficult to say, really hard to come up with a definite answer, but I'll try...

1) Find a job and move out with her.
2) Make her pregnant.
3) Dont' go out just you and her. Need some common friends to go out with.
4) Plan the schedule/activities of what you are going to do with her in this year. Usually you will feel a bit more excited.
5) Focus too much on sex will make things boring.
6) Induce yourself that every pussy out there is going to be the same, so fuck it.

^ Excuse my grammar, I wrote this at 1:30 in the morning.

Last edited by asian_XL; 04-19-2009 at 06:40 PM.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
very difficult to say, really hard to come up with a definite answer, but I'll try...

1) Find a job and move out with her.
2) Make her pregnant.
3) Dont' go out just you and her. Need some common friends to go out with.
4) Plan the schedule/activities of what you are going to do with her in this year. Usually you will feel a bit more excited.
5) Force too much on sex will make things boring.
6) Induce yourself that every pussy out there is going to be the same, so fuck it.
6) I like this one, because it's so true.

1) Might work, she has strict parents though
2) Will make me go lol
3) Check. sometimes we do things just the two of us, but most of the time it's all her friends and a few of mine
4) I like this idea
5) She's a virgin (surprise, surprise lol)

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
Old 04-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
I'm by no means a relationship person, (I'd say I'm more or less like you minus the part about settling down), but here's my $0.02:

Have a weekly routine:
-For example: if Thursday night is her girls' night out, then leave her be. Similarly, if Friday after work is when you get together with your buddies for a round of beer or two, make it clear to her that you expect her to understand that you need some space.
-Sexually speaking, it's difficult to set a standard-per-week because every relationship is different. Some people like impulsive sex, some people like to get down three times a week on the same days and times. Reach a medium agreement between the two of you, and (as the guy) try to hold back your urge to fuck her every time you see her.
-(And something that has worked for people around me) Have a day (or two) each week to just lay back and cuddle. Watch some television at your place, have a dinner together with no interruptions, things of that sort.

^This is all from observations as a third person, but I found out that if your relationship is more or less structured, then there won't be awkward surprises. Also, a couple buddys' girlfriends that I've talked to find that with a weekly schedule, they actually have something to look forward to each day of the week.

Go travelling:
Sounds poetic, I know, but my parents always used to go travelling when I was a kid, and I could really tell the difference between the atmosphere of the two when travelling compared to when they were at home.
I figure this is probably because despite structure, each relationship needs SOME source of refreshment.

That's all I can think of.
Again, like I said, I'm not much of a relationship person, so I don't know exactly how much weight my suggestions hold.

-Physixx
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Travel. Weekend trips to seattle, kelowna or others..
Do things. Grouse Grind, blade the seawall, go for dinners, go swimming, bowling, picnic's go for drives.

If those don't work, find something you both enjoy doing. But if you don't return her calls or texts then you quite clearly aren't that interested in her...so.....

When you do find someone who you can't wait to talk to or see, then you won't have any troubles finding things to do.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

now that you want commitment she will bounce.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:04 PM   #7
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by E N D L E S S View Post
5) She's a virgin (surprise, surprise lol)
You need to solve that problem.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

she's a virgin, therefore shes not worth it

drop it like it's hot
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
If you are finding it tough to keep it interesting only a couple of months in, it is pretty well done for man. If you are in a relationship with somebody you are compatible with and get along with etc. it would not be tough at all to keep things going. I know couples that are 5 years married and they still seem like they're in the 'honeymoon' stage. Move on to the next one.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
Director of RS Cares

to the peeps who are telling him to move on, i think we all have to take a look at the bigger picture here. if he isn't as interested as some of you may think then why is he posting this on here? why is he asking for help? ---because clearly, this girl is making him feel things that makes him want to better the relationship and his previous studly-single ways.

i say, to keep things interesting---both of you should have your own personal space. i think with any relationship you have to keep yourself in check because most of the time people tend to lose themselves once they start dating someone. make sure you both get to have time with your own friends and personal time away from the other. once you start seeing the person everyday--i find it can get a bit overwhelming and boring fast. now giving a person a call everyday is different (it shows you care to call her etc etc) but there's no need to see each other everyday.

to keep sex interesting...well..there's always the park, the car, the kitchen counter, the stairs....
Old 04-20-2009, 07:24 AM   #11
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
to the peeps who are telling him to move on, i think we all have to take a look at the bigger picture here. if he isn't as interested as some of you may think then why is he posting this on here? why is he asking for help? ---because clearly, this girl is making him feel things that makes him want to better the relationship and his previous studly-single ways.

i say, to keep things interesting---both of you should have your own personal space. i think with any relationship you have to keep yourself in check because most of the time people tend to lose themselves once they start dating someone. make sure you both get to have time with your own friends and personal time away from the other. once you start seeing the person everyday--i find it can get a bit overwhelming and boring fast. now giving a person a call everyday is different (it shows you care to call her etc etc) but there's no need to see each other everyday.

to keep sex interesting...well..there's always the park, the car, the kitchen counter, the stairs....
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:53 PM   #12
VLS Pet Forum Mod

She choose you for who you are. So don't completely lose that wild guy side.
Plan a weekend without the girlfriend every so often. The way to do it is ahead of time you let her know that such and such weekend is a guy weekend. You don't have to go into detail what you are going to do. Nor do you have to call or keep in touch during that weekend.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Bastrd View Post
She choose you for who you are. So don't completely lose that wild guy side.
Plan a weekend without the girlfriend every so often. The way to do it is ahead of time you let her know that such and such weekend is a guy weekend. You don't have to go into detail what you are going to do. Nor do you have to call or keep in touch during that weekend.
I like this. I know a lot of the things I do, caught her eye, and even though she complains about some of the things I do sometimes, she knows that's who I really am

I read miss_crayons post about calling daily, and you know what... I almost never call her at all. It's a habit, I only really call when I'm outside picking her up. I send her little text's for her to wake up to in the mornings, but it just seems weird calling everyday. But I know it's probably something she would appreciate.

Some other points to address...

- I don't hunger for commitment, I just want to make sure I don't prevent it

- I'll be blunt: not in this for the sex (call bs all you want LOL). Yes I would like to be her first, but I'm not dropping her because she requires any extra attention lol.

Thanks for the replies so far

Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #14
MoD

Thanked 1,805 Times in 227 Posts
just cause she is a virgin doesnt mean you cant have fun.

maybe with a little pushing she is willing to do other stuff. there is always oral, or even anal. Plus you never know; she might just be looking for the right person to take away her innocence!

To build on Crayon's comment, you need to show her you care. You dont have to call her every night. A simple good night text will do too. Shows her that you actually care/remember her. A very good trick is to give her flower every often to. Not a huge bunch, but something fun and simple. It gives the aww factor.

It is pretty easy to keep things interesting in a relationship. Go join a sports team or go do a hobby the both of you like. All you have to do is put you and your gf out in the world to experience things.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #15
I don't get it

Well, first off, realizing that you do have a bad habit and wanting to seek help to prevent this relationship from ending badly (like previous ones) is showing that you really do care about this girl, so despite all the ppl saying drop her, i say dont! And since you say you're not in it just to get laid and pop her cherry, that also shows that you're not in this for yourself and that you like this girl for who she is

As for the calling thing, it really depends i think. My bf and I have been together for a little for 3 months now and i can say we've chatted on the phone a whole lot mainly cause he's not very big on phone calls. But we make up for the talking every day either by seeing each other and talking in person, or text msgs or online, and despite everything we're still able to keep a conversation going whenever we're together with no problems. But it can be very sweet to drop a phone call every once in a while, doesnt have to be long conversations, just a quick hello, how are you today, i miss you, y'know, little things just to show her that you care and think of her when shes not around. Calling everyday can be a little excessive imo, especially if you see each other often (or even if you see each other 3 times a week, everyday seems a bit much..) cause phone calls are not like talking in person. usually with phone calls you have an objective and you have things you wanna say, whereas if you just call for the sake of calling that just can get awkward cause youre both holding a piece of plastic against your ear listening to the static when you're thinking of things to ask each other. It's completely different when you're in person cause you can fidget or like do little things to fill in the gaps.

And like others have said, start a routine of some sort. Like, movie day in, or go take a walk somewhere on the weekends, go have ice cream at a ice cream shop you both like, find some mutual interests and places you both like going to! Make a mental check list and just take her out, you dont necessarily have to tell her where you're taking her, it can be fun :]

good luck!
NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 PM   #16
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

my gf is telling how to keep her fake lashes clean.. and how to keep it curled.. WTF!?!??!? ( on the phone atm)

anyways, keep things fun, and be random... do activities, grab a bite and a movie( it does wonders if u dont do it too often) join sports together, teach her cool video games, wash cars together, do volunteers, try new foods like.. street vender foods( the hot dogs on the streets are actually pretty good..).. i donno
shes calls me ever night, like.. right now. try to keep in touch, she always texts me where she is or tells me she misses me once in a while, and i do that too. just lil stuff like that. and Mutual respect... just stuff like that.
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:06 AM   #17
I STILL don't get it

things should be interesting for quite a while as long as you guys don't see each other everyday.. maybe 2 times max per week. just go out and do things. go for walks at parks or beaches, take her out to see some places that are really nice in vancouver, etc.

my bf and i dated for quite a while.. we don't see each other that often so we're not bored of each other. nowadays we travel when we have enough money to spend just to keep things a little more interesting
joolee is offline   Reply With Quote