REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Fix or replace my phone

I've had my Samsung D900 for almost 2 1/2 years now and the screen broke on my yesterday. There is a crack that runs down the middle of the screen so there is a big section of the screen that is all black. I can't see any of my text messages and am having trouble seeing the numbers that are calling in.

Should I replace the screen? Any ideas if it is even possible?
Or should i call Rogers and ask for a hardware upgrade? I want an iphone like smartphone that runs on windows mobile. Any good suggestions?
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Screen replace is possible; a new one would probably cost $80-100 (the approximate cost of my last screen replace) if you head to JP; JP Cell Repair, one of our sponsors.

Awesome guy, had a screen, a mainboard and now a housing replaced there.

Mad props to Jacob
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:10 PM   #3

Thanks. I'll give him a call. Had him unlock the phone I had before so i know how good he is. But if the cost is $80-100, maybe i should look at a new phone.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 04-19-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Might be worth a shot, but an "iPhone like winmo phone" might be hard to come by. Smartphones in general are seriously awesome--I got my blackberry a month ago and absolutely frakking love it. Much better for everything, including texting, than my old U600 phone.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #5

Seeing that the market price for a used D900 is around $100, I might as well opt for a new phone instead.
I am quite interested in the Nokia E71 from Rogers. I looked on a few of the E71 threads here and so far things look good. Gonna call up Rogers to see what deals I can get.

Thanks.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing