REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 04-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Trance night at Shine

so Shine is doing a monthly Trance night,
I went last time, it was pretty chill,
next night is on May 10th, people get in free before 11

how many of you guys heard about it?
Advertisement

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 302 Posts
didnt hear about that but that's pretty cool...vancouver needs a bigger trance scene...
Timewav3zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
bah, why on a sunday? =[ I have to work the next day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
well theres alot of people in vancouver who love trance, just not enough people know about this event yet. bigger turn outs at the event will pursued the owners to move the trance night to a better date therefore getting more people in which would result in trance scene in Vancouver. I went last sunday and it was pretty cool, however, more people = better night = MORE people = bigger scene, hopefully this can spark something

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
well theres alot of people in vancouver who love trance, just not enough people know about this event yet. bigger turn outs at the event will pursued the owners to move the trance night to a better date therefore getting more people in which would result in trance scene in Vancouver. I went last sunday and it was pretty cool, however, more people = better night = MORE people = bigger scene, hopefully this can spark something

that was atrocious
and ur not even fob
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #6

the scene isnt that bad...but its just mostly all night raves at MLC every month...which aren't that great most of the time...but the massives that are held at the colliseum are usually really good...we need a night club that plays trance music...plus gorg-o-mish and bassment are really heaty haha
Old 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

i disagree with that. outside of shows headlined by a star like armin, tiesto, pvd or markus schulz nothing else is really doing all that well. all this city seem to care about is chasing stars rather than supporting the music itself.

yes, there are raves but i wouldn't use that as a good guide on how the scene is doing. lots of people attend raves to get high or for other types of music, especially hard style which seems to be so popular here. if the scene is any half decent, we wouldn't be wishing for a good trance night in the city.

now that there is a night to attend that are ran by good people (PH1), those of you who like this music should show your support and come out to the shine event next month. even if its for a couple of hours because you have to sleep for work the next day, at least you can say you tried to help sustain a trance night.
feelthesunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Oh this one's gonna be huge boys!
My man DJ Eric Allen is playing that night.
I'll see you all there hopefully.
dahonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Tunnel used to play trance. And honestly, with the douchebags in the house/electro scene, I don't really want trance to become big here. They'll just start moving over to trance because it's the "newest big thing".

And MLC is too small and PNE is too expensive >< (okay not that I need to pay for PNE, but still!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #10
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

we NEED a trance / house / dance radio station like everywhere else.( ex. seattle, SF, La , toronto , montreal, NY, etc)
mikeeb777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

For those that have been the scene long enough will remember G-Spot radio station (96.1FM if I remember correctly). It was only friday or saturday night but it played all EDM.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeeb777 View Post
we NEED a trance / house / dance radio station like everywhere else.( ex. seattle, SF, La , toronto , montreal, NY, etc)
it's been attempted to put one on but it did not pan out. it did not draw enough attention when the campaign for a dance radio station was going on back in 2007.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:35 AM   #13
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
the question is who went and how was it?
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #14

i agree...most the people that do go to raves are usually there just for the drugs...but there are some people that go that actually know their music...
Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #15
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
the question is who went and how was it?
I did and it sucked. It was too underground-y. Most of the ppl went to the other room. Quite a lame turn out. Probably had like 10-13 ppl in the main room and maybe another 15 in the 2nd room. Promoters are doing a pretty bad job.

But the next show i'm stoked! Danny Taylor is freak'n awesome! Hands down the best local trance dj!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arislo View Post
I did and it sucked. It was too underground-y. Most of the ppl went to the other room. Quite a lame turn out. Probably had like 10-13 ppl in the main room and maybe another 15 in the 2nd room. Promoters are doing a pretty bad job.

But the next show i'm stoked! Danny Taylor is freak'n awesome! Hands down the best local trance dj!
the next show should be a good turn out. i'll be going with a few friends. hopefully everyone will be doing the same and we can have a good crowd going this time.

i'm looking forward to seeing danny. i haven't seen him in more than three years since he left for ministry of sound taipei.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelthesunrise View Post
the next show should be a good turn out. i'll be going with a few friends. hopefully everyone will be doing the same and we can have a good crowd going this time.

i'm looking forward to seeing danny. i haven't seen him in more than three years since he left for ministry of sound taipei.
Is he back for good? I know he's been in Taiwan for a bit after viva closed down. Danny opened for Above and beyond last year and this year. Freak'n amazing!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:45 AM   #18
My homepage has been set to RS

i miss the old shine
Old 04-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arislo View Post
Is he back for good? I know he's been in Taiwan for a bit after viva closed down. Danny opened for Above and beyond last year and this year. Freak'n amazing!
as far as i know, he's still in asia at the moment. he will be flying in to do this gig. i'm not sure what his future plan holds as i haven't spoken to him since i last saw him at cyber for thrillseekers back in march '06.

also, ph1/vivid has said that if this night doesn't go off then they will discontinue the monthly trance series.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #20
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelthesunrise View Post

he can't be at ministry of sound taipei, because MoS taipei got shut down a few years ago. and is still shut down and trust me, it is.

it reopened like 3 years ago? but got shut down very shortly after again. no business, the club was way too far out of the center of the city. a real big shame. I liked that place.

saw crystal method there 2004, when the club was at it's peak, crazy times.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
he can't be at ministry of sound taipei, because MoS taipei got shut down a few years ago. and is still shut down and trust me, it is.

it reopened like 3 years ago? but got shut down very shortly after again. no business, the club was way too far out of the center of the city. a real big shame. I liked that place.

saw crystal method there 2004, when the club was at it's peak, crazy times.
like i said, i haven't spoken to him since that time he left. that was exactly 3 years ago so it all makes sense if he went back there during MOS re-opening. if the place got shut down after that and he's no longer working there, i wouldn't know. i no longer keep in touch with him.

all i know is he's still in asia at the moment. i guess not with MOS anymore but he's either living there because he likes it there or he's getting gigs elsewhere.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #22
Need to Seek Professional Help

3 dj's and 15 of their friends....
Old 05-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #23

And they finished at 1

Danny's set was ok. I prefered Erics
Old 06-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #24
I am Hook'd on RS

isnt shine by fabric?
j1mmyi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #25
I am Hook'd on RS

Hey everyone. Eric Allen here :P Thanks for the comment Arislo I appreciate it. The club decided to close at one, and I can't really blame them. They have a business to run. Yea the turnout was pretty rough, but thank you to everyone who made the effort to come out. I always prefer playing for 5 people that love it, as opposed to 500 people only half into it. I tryed to get the word out as much as I can, but, I'm not a promoter, I do what I can, but it seems promotion for it was pretty slim. Its also pretty tough to get people out on a sunday. Danny and I are working on trying to find a better night to host a night on but, this city is damn tough to crack, no one wants to offer trance a decent night anywhere. Ah well, we will keep working on it, and if anyone knows anywhere that might be up for a trance night, drop me a line! I do have some other bigger gigs coming up this summer like the big yacht party in august, that should be a lot of fun. I have a schedule on here, www.djericallen.com. Thanks again everyone, I know the turnouts are small, but, we'll see I guess, we keep doin what we can do