REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 04-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Juan de Fuca

Has anyone ever done this trail ?
Advertisement
the_morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I have. Damn amazing trail and hard.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_morrigan View Post
Has anyone ever done this trail ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_morrigan View Post
I have. Damn amazing trail and hard.
wtf.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
I am grateful grapefruit

I did it over 5 days about 2 years ago. My decision to do it over 5 days came after I did the West Coast Trail over 5 days. If you were to ask me again, I'd probably do it over 3 or 4 days instead - I'd arrive at the next campsite around early to mid afternoon and have nothing to do.

It depends on how much experience you have hiking and how much it has rained. If it has rained - the trail will definitely be a lot harder. Some parts were annoying, trying to walk along the big rocks next to the water. But compared to the WCT, it was a walk in the park. the trail is much more built up with tons of boardwalks over areas that would be covered with mud holes.

If you like hiking, it's an amazing trail - tons to see. Personally, I love hiking the coast because there are a lot less mosquitos. Plus, falling asleep to the sound of waves is just great.

some of the campsites get quite busy - as there are so many access points to the trail. but it's great to be able to hike the trail without having to pre-book it. Bumped into a few bears along the way - a young male on the rocks about 75 yards ahead of me, as well as a mother and a cub down by the water while i was up on the headlands. so definitely be careful with your food, especially when there are less people at your campsite. I see people at the sites just leaving their food in coolers, as opposed to locking them up in the food lockers - but they're just lucky nothing happened.
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
I am grateful grapefruit

oh wait.... wtf - you're not asking for advice.....
gars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #6
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I was, but you were a week too late. I've already done it. Thanks anyways. I heard the west coast was harder and longer. I didnt have any problems with mosquitos altho there were alot at the beginning, and campsite at the juan de fuca are by the beach also. But if you have more details on the WCT then I would like to hear it.