REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 02-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #26
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
oh gawd...

dat daytona

Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

black and gold
Honyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
These must be allowed in Canada. I bought my SV 2 years ago from a fellow who had already purchased a MVA, he showed it to me parked in his garage.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #29
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
These must be allowed in Canada. I bought my SV 2 years ago from a fellow who had already purchased a MVA, he showed it to me parked in his garage.
i believe they are legal but i can't remember who sells them?

did you guys see the MV display at this years bike show?

i'll post up a pic of a beautiful white MV RR when i get home from work.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #30
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Taken at this year's bike show:

Old 02-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #31
I am Hook'd on RS

most beautiful bikes in the world. (in my opinion i know many would argue) but godddamnnn look ^^ i drooled over that thing for a good 10 minutes at the bike show lol. i was plotting ways to get it out of the building un noticed haha
S13SRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Definitely allowed in Canada.

http://www.mvagustacanada.com/dealers_en.html

I'm madly in love with the Brutale
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #33
I STILL don't get it

hahaha i took a pic too.... of me goin in front of le MV Gusta banner at the Bike show hahaha
Midnitez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #34
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
MV Megusta

2004 E46 M3
2001 WRX STi (sold)
2003 Supercharged 350z (sold)
1991 R32 GTR (sold)
2000 Civic SiR (sold)
1990 Civic Si-T (sold)
1986 MK1 Mr2 (sold)
2005 GSX-R 750 (sold)
2003 CBR 600RR (sold)
2007 Ducati 1098 track (sold)
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (track build)
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #35
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I dont know too much about Agusta's but this one is pretty sick... not sure about the $52K sticker price though...

MV Agusta F4 LIBECCIO R Custom

mvagusta.net | Gallery > alkatraxx's album > ALKADESIGN BIKES > F4 LIBECCIO R
Glaedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #36
Banned By Establishment

Been reading some reviews from regular riders and the MV is not getting positive reviews for city riding.

Here's my review of the F3. Take it for what it's worth, just one opinion (although I'm always right if you ask me, obviously).

The F3 is a very important bike for MV Agusta as it's supposed to be their big seller, a well-priced contender in the Supersport class right off the bat and their first new bike since 2002. On paper, it all looks good. A 675 cc triple engine, around 140 horses, electronic aids, everything you need really. The bike itself looks even better, I would argue that it's the best looking bike MV has ever produced (and yes, that is saying something). Also, as has been said, the quality is much, much improved recently.

So, all good then? A competitor in with the Daytona 675 and, to perhaps a lesser degree, the Japanese 600s?

In a word.. ..no.

I was so stoked when I first read about the F3 I actually had one ordered. In the end, I let it go to the next guy in line. The reason? It's probably the biggest disappointment I've had on a bike in recent years (you know, besides my numerous failings and ****ups as a rider).

Let's start with the positives. It looks REALLY good. And it sounds REALLY good. And for an MV, it's quite cheap.

Moving on.

The negatives are, sadly, vastly larger in their numbers, but perhaps the biggest issue is that it's a moronic design. I don't mean the actual engineering itself, although the thing that's supposed to stop engine breaking that, essentially, just gives the bike gas, can make you need to buy new underwear. What I mean is this: It's designed to be something it cannot be. To say that it's hard would be an understatement. I'd say we're talking levels around Chuck Norris. Essentially, what MV have done, is to produce a race bike for the street. While that may sound cool, it's not. It's awful around town. It's good, but not great, in the twisties unless you're going really fast. Where it's best is at the track, but it's even harder and more hardcore than your normal track day bike. What's the main problem with that then? Well. Nobody is going to use it as a race bike. It's too exclusive and rare for there to be any spares available. It's too new for there to be any after market products to talk about. And, since it's MV, any parts that do exist could take up to around forever to get hold of. The same issues arise for people who don't race, but do normal track days. For the latter group, I'd probably add the bad fueling and throttle response to the growing list of reasons as to why there are better options out there. What remains, then, are normal, everyday riders. And for those, there are much, much better suited options out there. Most every supersport on the market, to be honest.

Summing up, it's a rare beauty that badly fails to hit its mark. It's a race bike that won't be raced, too hardcore and impractical for your average track day rider and too badly suited for the streets. If you want a refined 675 you can use on the road and track, get a Triumph 675R. If you want an inline four Supersport, get the new GSX-R 600. If you want a bike that'll look great standing in your garage, be fun at the track if you're a really fast rider and don't crash e-v-e-r, get the MV Agusta F3.

Oh, and just to give you another opinion (although it echoes mine), here's MCN's F3 vs 675R comparison:

Last edited by racerman88; 04-28-2012 at 08:54 AM.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: