REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Where to get Acai Berrys?

I have been looking around localy with little to show from it, i want them for my shake's nice and fresh and maybe to snack on.

If you do know, and hopefuly in the fraiser vally. id like to hear about it.
are they very expensive compaired to other fruits/ berrys?
Advertisement
Mr Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Colt View Post
I have been looking around localy with little to show from it, i want them for my shake's nice and fresh and maybe to snack on.

If you do know, and hopefuly in the fraiser vally. id like to hear about it.
are they very expensive compaired to other fruits/ berrys?
i know u can get like, powder and like pills but i cant say i have ever seen acai on there own
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
i know u can get like, powder and like pills but i cant say i have ever seen acai on there own
yeah i know what you mean, i wonder why eh? they seem to have a bunch of hype lately dont they?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Colt View Post
yeah i know what you mean, i wonder why eh? they seem to have a bunch of hype lately dont they?
yes they do, this is the biggest craze just like omega 3 and pomegranate juice and stuff like that. but ya i have never seen any at like grocery store, maybe they don't sell the actual berries or something
Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Acai only grows in the Amazon Rainforest. When Acai is picked, it is a delicate fruit that must be processed within 24 hours as it is highly perishable.

You CANNOT buy Acai as a whole fruit in North America.

http://www.live-the-organic-life.com/acai-berry.html

I enjoy the flavour of the high impact acai smoothies from booster juice but they haven't improved my life in any noticeable way, shape or form.

i did some landscaping for a lady that was a distributor for XANGO and she gave me a few free bottles of the stuff to try. she hyped it up saying it has shrunk tumors and cured depression and has all sorts of miraculous abilities and after going through 4 bottles, the only thing i can honestly say is that it tastes good, but at $40 a bottle, I would rather have the totally unrelated XANGO DESSERT instead.

i think avoiding or moderating bad foods alone will do a lot more for you than focusing on "superfood" intake.

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust

Last edited by SizzleChest; 04-29-2009 at 10:05 AM.
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
DOES NOT COMPUTE

A Revscene sponsor is offering a free trial of Acai pills if you're interested.. You can try them out for $4.95 S&H
ADBOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleChest View Post
Acai only grows in the Amazon Rainforest. When Acai is picked, it is a delicate fruit that must be processed within 24 hours as it is highly perishable.

I enjoy the flavour of the high impact acai smoothies from booster juice but they haven't improved my life in any noticeable way, shape or form.

i did some landscaping for a lady that was a distributor for XANGO and she gave me a few free bottles of the stuff to try. she hyped it up saying it has shrunk tumors and cured depression and has all sorts of miraculous abilities and after going through 4 bottles, the only thing i can honestly say is that it tastes good, but at $40 a bottle, I would rather have the totally unrelated XANGO DESSERT instead.

i think avoiding or moderating bad foods alone will do a lot more for you than focusing on "superfood" intake.
just wait in a couple more months after they sell the shit out of these special berries there will be some new and crazy berry that will cure aids!!!!!!!!1
Old 04-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #8

look below

Last edited by Mr Colt; 04-29-2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: double posted
Old 04-29-2009, 11:46 AM   #9

Quote:

Thank you i figured there might be a reason like that why we cant get them fresh.
I agree about the hype stuff, and cutting out bad things help most of all, but like all things like this i believe that one, everybody's body is different, so some thing dont always effect as much as others do if at all , two how and how often (and if other things in your diet inhibit the things your taking) you get what ever you are taking has a large effect on it (like wheat grass is only good right after its prossed) and like some medications can take a month or three before the body figures out how to make use of it.r and finally something like Acai berry's alone, or green tea stuff alone may only help 1%-5% alone, but when you start adding all the things up it has a more visual effect, but like i said every one is different and it shows somethings wont effect a person at all, and other times it a night and day difference.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Hmm....i've got a friend that has a buddy that was starting to do business with acai berries here in vancouver. I'll see what he has to say....
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Hmm....i've got a friend that has a buddy that was starting to do business with acai berries here in vancouver. I'll see what he has to say....
Most reliable source ever! JK

kinda like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet
: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Lone Star: What's that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing!"
Old 05-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #12
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADBOT View Post
A Revscene sponsor is offering a free trial of Acai pills if you're interested.. You can try them out for $4.95 S&H
WTF I clicked on the link but didn't give them any info and still got their junk mail...

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
WTF I clicked on the link but didn't give them any info and still got their junk mail...
Everyone is getting Acai spam these days. I got 3 in each inbox this morning!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #14
My homepage has been set to RS

Likewise....i just got two spammers advertising Acai.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #15
RS Operative (G)

acai pills, drop 5000000000 pounds
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
acai pills, drop 5000000000 pounds
that would be great i would love to weigh negative 30lbs
Old 05-06-2009, 04:53 AM   #17
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
there is a juice/smoothie place in richmond called acai organico. Is a small shop, but they sell actual 100% acai smoothies. I know the owner there, and he gets his acai stuff shipped frozen and then makes it to a smoothie. Id avoid pills cause they are probably use poor quality produce.

the place is located i think in pacific mall..... or i think it is,, is the mall near Beans Around the World in Richmond.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote