REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
AJL
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Sub in james bay

Well for those of you that didn't know, there is a submarine in james bay beside the building where the cruiseship was last week (ogden point IIRC).

you can't get that close to it, still cool to see,
Advertisement
AJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Black SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
AJL
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

check out the front page of the local paper today, i took some pictures, i will upload on the weekend.
AJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
This is one of the 4 leamons we bough from the Brits? The ones with the Lucas Electrics, that catch on fire and leak when they go under water? Makes me wonder how our navy feels about owning 4 "Classic British SubS?" Reminds me of the bumper sticker seen on many classic & antique british sports cars...."all the parts falling off this car are of the best quality British manufacture".. Pictures remind me of the ones with the Space Shuttle strapped to the top of the 747.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

94 JDM GC8
FS:
91 Sambar truck 20k kms. $5800 pm for details.
93 Supercharged Sambar Dias Van 5k kms$7200
h0tSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #6
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
This is one of the 4 leamons we bough from the Brits? The ones with the Lucas Electrics, that catch on fire and leak when they go under water? Makes me wonder how our navy feels about owning 4 "Classic British SubS?" Reminds me of the bumper sticker seen on many classic & antique british sports cars...."all the parts falling off this car are of the best quality British manufacture".. Pictures remind me of the ones with the Space Shuttle strapped to the top of the 747.
Actually if you ask the people that serve on them, they like them quite a bit.

They understand that they have some issues. Those issues are actually due to sitting in dry dock with years of neglect. What they needed was a full refit before being moved from Scotland. A full refit , is somthing they will get in a few years. Ofcourse the goverment wanted to get them on the cheap.

By the way , 2 of them are in service now, and they are very effective, performing extremely well in exercises.
Fastam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Glad to hear that...never seems to hit the media. My son used to be Sonar Op in Navy, now works for Norad in the Cdn Air Force as Intel. He got out of subs after a short time. Something about somebody kept leaving the screen door open?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote