REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

tennis on school property?

am i allowed to play tennis with a friend at Killarney Secondary School's tennis court during school hour?
Obviously if they are using it, we'll go somewhere else. But what if their PE classes aren't using the courts, could my friend and I just play without going through the office for permission?

thanks
Advertisement

Last edited by orange7; 05-01-2009 at 12:18 AM.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Interesting question. My guess is that technically you're not allowed to, but at the same time I don't think anyone would care.

I think just do it anyway... and if someone does care and asks you to leave, then leave... not like they'll charge you with trespassing... at least I would highly doubt that!
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

The way i see it....is if its at a public school, then the tennis courts are city property, not private property.

If there are PE classes then i am sure they will just inform you on the session.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

wise man say: "Always easier to get forgiveness than permission."

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Not sure about the proper procedures but I would guess nobody would care as long as you're not obstructing the classes. There were always seniors walking around the track while we ran around it and I highly doubt they went to the office to ask for permission first.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

^
yep.. i was thinking of the same thing. since there're ppl walking around the track, i suppose it's okay for me to play on their courts while they're being used.

Thanks.. i just wanted to make sure
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

School courts are pretty much the same as any of the public tennis & basketball courts, soccer fields, baseball and tennis courts. If they're in use by the school or other organizations that've booked the facility then you can't use it. After that, it's anyones game.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote