REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 05-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

blackberry bold or Iphone 3G????

I cannot make up my mind!!! help...
Advertisement
AppleSugary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

im getting rid of my bold to get an iphone 3g, i went from blackberry curve to iphone 2g then to bold and now 3g iphone. lol. im my honest opinion they are both awesome phones, blackberries are only good if you do a lot of email, texting(bbm in particular). iphone is good for everything else, videos, games, music.
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

depends on what your needs are

for me, i have a lot of work stuff like emails and appointments to worry about, which is why i have the bold, much easier to type emails and so on.

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #4
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
I absolutely love my bold. I had an ipod touch and I absolutely could not deal with the fact that there is no tactile sensation whatsoever. Bothered the fuck out of me while typing and the like.

With a data plan, surfing, facebooking and MSNing are a frakking breeze with this thing. It's absolutely beautiful, I love it.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

i have both. obviously, the blackberry is more of a work or even school device. i do a lot of emailing and IMing, so the BB was perfect.

the iphone is pretty much better for everything else though. browsing the web blows on a BB compared to the iphone. even the facebook mobile site and app are pretty bad. the iphone facebook app is sooooooooooooo much better.

i personally found data to be almost useless on my BB besides the occasional map search cause even going on RS on my berry is pretty slow and cumbersome. i mainly just use my data for emails and BBM/MSN... usually rack up about 20mb worth of data used in a month. the iphone has a lot more programs to take advantage of data like GOOD youtube support and stuff like urbanspoon.

overall, i needed the email and IM connectivity over the "fun" stuff on the iphone so i went with the BB. if you don't really email or IM then i honestly see no reason to pick the BB over the iphone (if you don't mind using a touchscreen, that is).

Last edited by ienhz; 05-01-2009 at 10:37 PM.
ienhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #6

well i have itouch and i used it a lot for websurfing and listening to music. i also uses it a lot for my email, and itouch is kind of annoying when it comes to typing.

hows the camera or video between these two?

thanks guys
Old 05-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

iphones camera is better, and trust me, with practice you can get very good on the iphone keyboard. i swear, i can type faster on the iphone then with a berry.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Iphone all the way
hotjoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I've got an iPhone while the girlfriend has a BB. The BB is much easier to type text, though the iPhone has a decent predictive program built in. I can type in pretty much anything incorrectly and it fixes it for me with the exact words I was trying to type. I personally hate the trackballs built into BB's, which makes the scrolling touch screen on the other much more preferable. As was mentioned, web surfing is much easier on the iphone compared to the BB. There are a few issues with my iPhone that I really dislike, though I deal with 'em mainly because I can't be bothered to jailbreak my phone. IMO, the issues with the iPhone still make it a better phone (for me) when compared to the BB.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

The Bold has video (even though low quality), which I'm surprised the iPhone doesn't have.
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #11
Work hard, Play Hard - Wiz

Thanked 2,011 Times in 368 Posts
I'm have a hard time deciding which one to get also. Both great phones. But one thing is bugging me is the battery life. When using the data on the iPhone and BB does it drain the battery faster?
604778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

apparently, neither of them are that great.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I've got an iPhone while the girlfriend has a BB. The BB is much easier to type text, though the iPhone has a decent predictive program built in. I can type in pretty much anything incorrectly and it fixes it for me with the exact words I was trying to type. I personally hate the trackballs built into BB's, which makes the scrolling touch screen on the other much more preferable. As was mentioned, web surfing is much easier on the iphone compared to the BB. There are a few issues with my iPhone that I really dislike, though I deal with 'em mainly because I can't be bothered to jailbreak my phone. IMO, the issues with the iPhone still make it a better phone (for me) when compared to the BB.
what are the issues that you have? also, a non jail broken iphone is practically useless. all the real fun stuff comes along with a jailbreak.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #14
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03aspec View Post
what are the issues that you have? also, a non jail broken iphone is practically useless. all the real fun stuff comes along with a jailbreak.
For one, I absolutely hate the fact that you can't sort all of the different icons on the Home page. If there's a way to sort 'em so that the most commonly used apps are on the first page without jail breaking it, I haven't found a way. It's also annoyingly slow if it hasn't been reset for a few days, though I've had a few "normal" phones in the past do the same as well.

I would jail break my phone, but I don't feel comfortable enough in doing it myself. *shrug*
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #15
Banned (ABWS)

just put all the ones that you frequently use on the home page, hold down any random icon and they should start shaking, from there you can move them around on the home page or move an icon to a different page. its also very easy to jailbreak, theres walk throughs of it on youtube. ive coached several people with it, even complete phone noobs and they had no problems doing it.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
everytime i try to type faster on the iPhone I always have errors. just cause of the screen there is no feedback which sucks

Keyboard ftw

bold's awesome!
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

^ it takes a while to get good at it.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #18
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
i've own my iphone since iphone came out

i still have it and i still hate it
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I loved my Iphone it was fun, but typing was a pain in the ass...my bold is not so much fun but i dont get frustrated when im typing because i have the actual buttons to press. if the new firmware update included a landscape keyboard for the iphone i definitely will consider swithcing back but for the time being, i like my bold.
deuel_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #20
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,351 Times in 5,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
For one, I absolutely hate the fact that you can't sort all of the different icons on the Home page. If there's a way to sort 'em so that the most commonly used apps are on the first page without jail breaking it, I haven't found a way. It's also annoyingly slow if it hasn't been reset for a few days, though I've had a few "normal" phones in the past do the same as well.

I would jail break my phone, but I don't feel comfortable enough in doing it myself. *shrug*
JB is actually very very easy

BUT.. i had mine JB for the past 6 months or so, and ever since i got my replacement phone from apple i havent even JB it, really jailbreaking doesnt offer all that much, i didnt use almost any of the apps, mainly just the design features

JB isnt all that great unless you want a shit load of customiztion stuff/useless apps and video recording
Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I would prefer to type on a Bold but I own an iPhone due to the larger screen. I have poor eyesight and viewing pictures/videos/text is much easier on the iPhone. 3rd party app selection is also a big plus in favour of the iPhone.

I'm still waiting on the Palm Pre and hope it brings the best of BB's and iPhones into one device.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #22
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuel_1 View Post
I loved my Iphone it was fun, but typing was a pain in the ass...my bold is not so much fun but i dont get frustrated when im typing because i have the actual buttons to press. if the new firmware update included a landscape keyboard for the iphone i definitely will consider swithcing back but for the time being, i like my bold.
3.0 is launching in the summer and will have landscape texting.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #23

3.0? what do u mean?

sorry for beeing so noob
Old 05-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #24
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSugary View Post
3.0? what do u mean?

sorry for beeing so noob
http://www.apple.com/iphone/preview-iphone-os/

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #25
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

iPhone firmware version 3.0.0.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote