REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-01-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
just friends

I'm not sure if it's cause of my age of if it's the demographics on the site. Everyone wants to tap the next best friend and date them. We see threads about dudes that are 19 and they want to date his best friend. Seriously, in my opinion, go tap other women, go find and explore other girls. Keep your best friend as your best friend IN case shit happens when you're older.

i have a few friends that i will never ever hit on. they are pretty girls, we share funny stories andi have met her friend's freind. i'm 29 and they're just about to finish college and they are really nice and cute, but just not really financially stable / sensible yet. so what do i do, i just maintain being friends with them.

wait till a few yrs pass by and they'll realize they have been dating assholes and BAM, i slide right in and let them make a move.

anyone in my shoes?

6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
you
Banned (BBM)

^^wise man here
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Are you sure you're not just saying all that because you couldn't tap it to begin with? Even if you tried?

Remember, for it to be considered a refusal, the availability of benefit must've been present to begin with.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
^did you mean benefit of availability? I don't quite understand the last bit of your sentence.

I don't know what I should think about this guy's approach.
On the one hand, it seems like a pretty well-thought plan...but on the other, just how long are you going to wait?

-Physixx
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
^did you mean benefit of availability? I don't quite understand the last bit of your sentence.
Nope. Availability of benefit.

Meaning you can't refuse something you were never gonna have anyways. You can't pre-empt rejection.

Last edited by Noir; 05-01-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

OP got some sexual frustration?

gonna wait years and years for a friend then go in for the kill? your master plan sounds pretty lame imo
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

why wait?
go for the kill then and there
i'm not saying do that to a best friend, but why not to a girl you met or a female friend that isn't that close?

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #8
I don't get it either

I agree you shouldn't go for your friends, but waiting for them to break up with assholes so they can get with you is too unrealistic and will take waaayy too long.
Boostaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:40 AM   #9
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostaholic View Post
I agree you shouldn't go for your friends, but waiting for them to break up with assholes so they can get with you is too unrealistic and will take waaayy too long.
On the one hand, if he's just waiting for the right time to inject himself into her life, then that would probably be a very good "plan" (I guess).

On the other however, if he really intends on waiting until she gets her sudden self-realization, then by all means, kudos to the OP.

-Physixx
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

feel the same way. once a girl is my friend the option to date them vanishes. as for having the option in itself. thats kinda subjective. by the time i realise i want them as friends, ive started to act more like a guy a chick will be friends with then one thats trying to lay her and vice versa. sexual tension vanishes on both sides so there is not really anyway to reverse it but neither of us would want to.

if i had wanted to bone them, then id never befreind them in the first place.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:51 PM   #11
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Hmm...interesting. Can't say I haven't thought the same way before, I have, but I'm not totally sure that works out too well. Timeliness is everything lol

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:55 AM   #12
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
go watch the movie just friends
its got a happy ending
but its hs story in a movie

its works
not worth waiting for
whatever happens happens
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

ROFL! You sound like one of those guys that know a lot of girls but they (the girls) never want to be more than just 'friends' with you.

Dude, if any of your lady friends wanted to be with you, they would have done something by now; and if for some miraculous reason you actually end up with one of them, my guess is it's because they couldn't get anyone better and just settled with you.
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:29 AM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

double post
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #15
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by you View Post
^^wise man here
lol, ya a wise man that sits around waiting 5 years for one pussy when then that pussy is being knocked up on the regular by other dudes. ya, wise.
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #16
you
Banned (BBM)

wise man indeed :P
you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #17
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
OP got some sexual frustration?

gonna wait years and years for a friend then go in for the kill? your master plan sounds pretty lame imo
I'm date a lot of girls, i just haven't found one that's mature, financially sensible for me to date them, so i play the fields. i'm currently seeing a european chick so trust me i ain't the next joe45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
feel the same way. once a girl is my friend the option to date them vanishes. as for having the option in itself. thats kinda subjective. by the time i realise i want them as friends, ive started to act more like a guy a chick will be friends with then one thats trying to lay her and vice versa. sexual tension vanishes on both sides so there is not really anyway to reverse it but neither of us would want to.

if i had wanted to bone them, then id never befreind them in the first place.
that's exactly why. i mean i have a few friends that are great but just not gf material yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsport View Post
ROFL! You sound like one of those guys that know a lot of girls but they (the girls) never want to be more than just 'friends' with you.

Dude, if any of your lady friends wanted to be with you, they would have done something by now; and if for some miraculous reason you actually end up with one of them, my guess is it's because they couldn't get anyone better and just settled with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03aspec View Post
lol, ya a wise man that sits around waiting 5 years for one pussy when then that pussy is being knocked up on the regular by other dudes. ya, wise.
For guys that are in their late 20s, you'll agree with me. we get more and more attractive while girls get super desperate. what i'm saying is, if you ever met someone that aren't ready to be a good gf yet, instead of trying to get into her pants, treat her as a regular friend and one of these days the girl would be like wow, this guy is really cool and cute, why not give him a shot.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote