REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Age difference (https://www.revscene.net/forums/574761-age-difference.html)

Wykydtron 05-05-2009 04:42 PM

Age difference

Ok, I met this girl through a mutual friend. She's very cute, smart, we have a lot of similar interests etc. Overall, she's pretty awesome. In any situation but this, I would have made a move by now and asked her on at least a date....but there's an age difference, and I know it should matter, but in the end it does. I'm 20, and she's 16, but if my friend wouldn't have told me she was 16, I would have had her pinned at 18 easily. So what are you opinions? Stay away? Or go for it?

Culture_Vulture 05-05-2009 04:53 PM

A lot of people would probably label you as a pedophile if you go for her, but then again, what do their opinions mean?

The way I see it, if she's 16 and she could deliver herself as an 18, or possibly a 20 year old, then there shouldn't be an issue.
Of course, also consider the long termed consequences, because if you let the age value get in the way of your affections for her now, then the relationship might not last long at all.

-Physixx

liu13 05-05-2009 04:53 PM

take it slow, if she acts beyond her age then green light it

hawkman 05-05-2009 04:55 PM

i think itll work, but i think you might get in trouble if it leads to sex.

sexyaccord 05-05-2009 04:57 PM

then pin her already

BoneThug 05-05-2009 05:39 PM

if you are ok with admiting the only girl you could get is one that is still in highschool then go for it i guess. but i could never respect a guy nor do i really respect guys who do that. its pretty lame.

Jmac 05-05-2009 07:02 PM

Fuck no ...

High school girls are too high maintenance, annoying to talk to, way too clingy, and downright psychotic when things start to go south.

College girls are where it's at ...

miss_crayon 05-05-2009 07:16 PM

for me, i would say to find someone out of highschool. a lot of people will say it's cool/fine and then make the comparison of when she's 20 you'll be 24. but that's 4 years you got on her right now. even if she is "mature" for her age she really wouldn't see certain things you might be at this age already because her mentality is still literally highschool.

i think if you already have this slight doubt in your mind about age, then i say you should listen to it.

BoneThug 05-05-2009 07:31 PM

to add to my earlier statement i dated a chick who was 17 when i was 20 or 21. she lied and said she was older then me and i fell for it. at first i thought she was really mature too, but buddy, there are only so many things that a chick that young can have experienced, and if she is that young and has experienced them, do you really want to be with her.

also, her bring with you as old as you are is just validation for her own hotness and ability to date out of her league.

Fafine 05-05-2009 10:06 PM

yeah if she was out of highschool and you were 4 years older thats fine. but the fact that shes still in highschool and is what? gr10?

in the end you're the one dating her and if you like her whos gonna stop you? (legal age of consent is 16 good to go!)

Culture_Vulture 05-05-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac (Post 6411309)
Fuck no ...

High school girls are too high maintenance, annoying to talk to, way too clingy, and downright psychotic when things start to go south.

College girls are where it's at ...

Food for thought: The same could be said by a person with a well established career about typical college girls.

But back on topic:
I have a buddy (19) who just recently started dating a 15 year old international student (pretty much the same as the OP's situation). We happened to have a talk earlier and this is what I can gather:

Aside from the fact that he doesn't understand 90% of what's coming out of her mouth, he finds the relationship extremely bland and wants to break up. They've been together for less than a month.
The reason being the very age difference. Age=maturity in many cases in the 15~25 year old range. Physical attraction aside (because I'll hand it to her, if I hadn't been told she was underage, I would've thought she was 20), he couldn't connect with her intellectually because of the age gap (he's in college and she could barely get her ABC's straight).
They don't see each other often because she has school during the day and English tutor most afternoons, while he had night time classes five days a week. This translated into zero emotional and mental rapport in person.

Also, like Jmac said (and I don't know if this is true in all cases), he says he finds her extremely clingy. She doesn't seem to understand the meaning of "guys' night out".

-Physixx

BlackV62K2 05-05-2009 11:49 PM

I would have to say no. I wouldn't date anyone that's not 19+. Hell, you can even go out to dinner and have drinks/wine together lol. She'll have to drink water or pop LOL.

HollyZ32 05-06-2009 02:15 AM

I would have to say do not and i repeat do not go for it
even though you said that she can easily pull of 18 deep down inside every "mature" girl there is still that 16 year old over reacting drama queen LG and bieng in high school guesses are she will be clingy and prob VERY jealous almost every high school girl is still stuck on the "omgzzzz did you just look at my boyfriend" or the "why are you hanging out with another girl"
and i know almost every one says the famous line of "if you like them who cares go for it" but imagine what it would be like to want to go out to like a bar or something or if a friend asks you guys out to the bar you and have to say no because she is not of legal age or becuase...she has a bed time lol
or if you wanna spend the day togehter but you cant ...because she is in school that would suck.

i would say go for someone NOT in highschool
or if you dig the high school chicks ....someone in grade 12? lol because that means they would be graduating soon but there for is still concidered a highschool girl
but 16 to young

m4k4v4li 05-06-2009 02:46 AM

HIT THAT SHIT!

AsBannedAsItGets 05-06-2009 04:50 AM

I think the older you get the age difference doesn't as much but within reason.
The younger you are the wider the disparity in maturity.
Then you have those people who swear that age is just a number.

hotjoint 05-06-2009 07:14 AM

Do it if it makes sense and if he can deal with her not being of legal age. Might not be able to go to clubs or bars but there's tons of those things they can do where their age wont matter.

sweetiee 05-06-2009 08:20 AM

It's totally fine.. she's going to graduate in a year. I was 17 when I met my bf. And now I'm 21. He's 26. =)
I think the only concern is that if you're going to be serious with her, your stages in life will be different that might cause an issue. But other than that, go for it!!

Grandmaster TSE 05-06-2009 09:56 AM

age shouldn't really matter
but make sure shes mature about things and not like a typical stupid high schooler

Noir 05-06-2009 12:48 PM

I would have fun with it. But a relationship, no.

you 05-06-2009 01:04 PM

if theres grass on the feild play ball!
haha

NimbeeTT 05-06-2009 01:56 PM

Dating a teenager who's that much younger than you can get a little awkward i think. I mean, it really sorta depends on mutual interests and stuff like that. I mean, at 16, some girls are still in their "omg zac efron!!!!!!!!!"-stage
But then again, 4 years difference is quite common in relationships (guy older than girl by 4 yrs usually). if you think about it this way, if she were to be 19 or 20 and you were 24, would you still think she's too young? I think it's just the fact that shes still a "Teenager" that's really holding you back if you really have feelings for this girl =/
I'd say give it a try, whats there to lose? lol

Lastly, if you're REALLY stuck, just remember, the rule of dating: half your age +7
Unfortunatly for you she'd be a year too young if you were going by that :( lol

tom827 05-06-2009 04:11 PM

if ur looking for short term someone to play around and stuff sure go for it, but if ur looking for long term i would ask u to think again b4 making the decision because first of all she is still in high school which means she is not fully mature plus u said she does look older so i believe she's quite attractive so ur very dangerous on that pt especially ur not the same age as her and go to same school...also as past experience it does suck to date someone with that age diff because all u do is give them an experience to move on to someone better, basically meaning ur teaching them how to be a good gf and eventually dump u maybe by the age of 20 she gets...im not saying all are like that but most are and believe me u don't want that to happen.

To conclude if u want short term go ahead, for long term i wouldn't recommend as it can lead to devastating outcomes...

BoneThug 05-06-2009 05:39 PM

you guys are some nasty fucks. also have much more tolerance for me.

also consider that at 16, if she's not a slut she's going to be lame in the sack. and if she isn't then she's kind of a whore. at that age, its one extreme or the other. either she's been fucking since she was in gr 8 or she hasn't

moomooCow 05-06-2009 06:04 PM

don't do it. 16 & 20 is NOT the same as 20 & 24.

StaxBundlez 05-06-2009 07:53 PM

once u get past the 19/20 barrier age is jsut a number...

but.. in this case.. i would just be good friends with her for AWHILE

lol