REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
I don't get it
 
Gu3s5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 604
Posts: 399
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tint situation

Ok so I just wanted someones opinion on this. On March 30, 2009, I received a tint ticket in Vancouver. The officer was being "nice" and told me if I showed him proof with pics that he would go to court and tell the judge that I have followed through with his requests and have the fine and violation dropped. So I had the tint removed the next day and called the officer within the week. Problem is the officer's voice mail message cuts off, but I left a message anyways. Receiving no call back in a week, I tried again in another week. Still no answer.

I decided to go to a cop station and figure out why he wasn't answering me. The lady tells me he went on vacation and won't be back (till after 30 days of the ticket being presented)?!? Knowing that I have to either dispute or pay the ticket within 30 days, I explained this to the lady at the police station and she gave me the district and seargant's name. I left a message for him too and have yet to receive an answer. So since my 30 days are up, I decided to dispute the ticket until further notice. I'm trying to decide what else to do. It's not that I don't mind paying the ticket, its just I don't want it on my record. Should I continue contacting the officer or just wait till the dispute goes through?
Advertisement
__________________
chillin'
.
.
.
Gu3s5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: PR
Posts: 1,131
Thanked 250 Times in 128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3s5 View Post
Ok so I just wanted someones opinion on this. On March 30, 2009, I received a tint ticket in Vancouver. The officer was being "nice" and told me if I showed him proof with pics that he would go to court and tell the judge that I have followed through with his requests and have the fine and violation dropped. So I had the tint removed the next day and called the officer within the week. Problem is the officer's voice mail message cuts off, but I left a message anyways. Receiving no call back in a week, I tried again in another week. Still no answer.

I decided to go to a cop station and figure out why he wasn't answering me. The lady tells me he went on vacation and won't be back (till after 30 days of the ticket being presented)?!? Knowing that I have to either dispute or pay the ticket within 30 days, I explained this to the lady at the police station and she gave me the district and seargant's name. I left a message for him too and have yet to receive an answer. So since my 30 days are up, I decided to dispute the ticket until further notice. I'm trying to decide what else to do. It's not that I don't mind paying the ticket, its just I don't want it on my record. Should I continue contacting the officer or just wait till the dispute goes through?
Nowhere did he say, "keep calling me and my co-workers". He will go to court, meet you beforehand and you show him the photos then. Hopefully for you he will remember his agreement with you/believe that the tint hasn't been re-applied since the photos were taken, and plead no evidence.
__________________
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
You do know the 30 days is simply for disputing and reduction/discount on the fine right...?
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #4
I don't get it
 
Gu3s5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 604
Posts: 399
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
You do know the 30 days is simply for disputing and reduction/discount on the fine right...?
That's what I said too, but the guy at ICBC said if I don't pay it within 30 days I've already proven myself guilty. Who knows!


Thanks for the response sho_bc. I was thinking that's probably the only choice I have now as well.
__________________
chillin'
.
.
.
Gu3s5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,364
Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3s5 View Post
That's what I said too, but the guy at ICBC said if I don't pay it within 30 days I've already proven myself guilty. Who knows!


Thanks for the response sho_bc. I was thinking that's probably the only choice I have now as well.
Technically the guy at ICBC is right. After 30 days, if you do not dispute, you are pleading guilty because then you can't dispute anymore.

Though this is not the situation you're in because of what the officer offered you.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Alby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,036
Thanked 2,018 Times in 458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3s5 View Post
Ok so I just wanted someones opinion on this. On March 30, 2009, I received a tint ticket in Vancouver. The officer was being "nice" and told me if I showed him proof with pics that he would go to court and tell the judge that I have followed through with his requests and have the fine and violation dropped. So I had the tint removed the next day and called the officer within the week. Problem is the officer's voice mail message cuts off, but I left a message anyways. Receiving no call back in a week, I tried again in another week. Still no answer.

I decided to go to a cop station and figure out why he wasn't answering me. The lady tells me he went on vacation and won't be back (till after 30 days of the ticket being presented)?!? Knowing that I have to either dispute or pay the ticket within 30 days, I explained this to the lady at the police station and she gave me the district and seargant's name. I left a message for him too and have yet to receive an answer. So since my 30 days are up, I decided to dispute the ticket until further notice. I'm trying to decide what else to do. It's not that I don't mind paying the ticket, its just I don't want it on my record. Should I continue contacting the officer or just wait till the dispute goes through?
when i got a ticket for front window tinting, the officer told me to just pay the fine within 30 days for a discount and just take it off. at the end, he noted that this will not be on my records.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
I don't get it
 
Gu3s5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 604
Posts: 399
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was going to do that, but because of my previous driving record, its not a chance I'm willing to take.
__________________
chillin'
.
.
.
Gu3s5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
mugentsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 100
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
tinted windows is not on your driving record
mugentsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
Retired Traffic Cop
 
skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Nanoose Bay, BC
Posts: 9,023
Thanked 115 Times in 66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugentsx View Post
tinted windows is not on your driving record
Unless the ticket was written under section 219(1) MVA.
__________________
Have you ever met anyone that would admit to being less than a better than average driver ??

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net