REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Raw Denim (https://www.revscene.net/forums/575205-raw-denim.html)

Razor Ramon HG 05-09-2009 01:12 PM

Raw Denim

So how many people on here wear raw denim? I got my first pair the other day (Nudie Thin Finn Organic Ecru Embo), and they're so comfortable. Can't wait for them to fade with time :D

unit 05-09-2009 02:27 PM

they're comfortable? raw denim is usually super UNcomfortable because it should be thick and rigid

_inwonderland 05-09-2009 02:33 PM

^ That pair has stretch in it. I find that stretch jeans are harder to fade though, but that's just my opinion.

KingDeeCee 05-09-2009 04:24 PM

Ouch, Nudies will have a crotch rip very quickly. Got a pair of Naked and Famous, but I don't really like mine atm. Planning to get a pair of APCs soon or over the summer.

hongy 05-10-2009 09:47 AM

Naked and famous are almost the same price as apc's now.

Ilagon 05-10-2009 06:31 PM

APC's ftw. Mine feel really good right now. Remember to size down if you are gonna buy a pair.

I got three pairs of Wings and Horns that are in rotation. Slowly breaking in now.

hal0g0dv2 05-10-2009 06:55 PM

don't wear them in the snow lol, mine got fucked up in the snow hahaha, snow was all blue

KingDeeCee 05-10-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6417756)
don't wear them in the snow lol, mine got fucked up in the snow hahaha, snow was all blue

You mean the snow got fucked up? :thumbsup:

Razor Ramon HG 05-10-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6416385)
they're comfortable? raw denim is usually super UNcomfortable because it should be thick and rigid

No idea. My buddy did ask why mine were so soft, and me being a noob thought I just had a good fit :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingDeeCee (Post 6416484)
Ouch, Nudies will have a crotch rip very quickly. Got a pair of Naked and Famous, but I don't really like mine atm. Planning to get a pair of APCs soon or over the summer.

Yeah, my friend has a pair of Nudies, and his crotched ripped like within three months. But another buddy said that if you have a pair that's selvaged, there shouldn't be any rip?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeapingThumbs (Post 6417726)
APC's ftw. Mine feel really good right now. Remember to size down if you are gonna buy a pair.

How are the APCs? I was thinking about getting a pair, but I have bills to pay, FML. Oh, and what do people think about Evisu? Some of them look sick, but not many are raw are they?

Ilagon 05-10-2009 08:11 PM

I like the APC's. Very plain denim (no back pocket design) and I've seen results when they fade. Looks sick!!

Before:
http://www.acquiremag.com/2007/08/22/apcrescue.jpg

After:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3146/...b9b6fc.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3080/...26d237.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/...f0319f.jpg?v=0

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-11-2009 02:44 AM

I have a pair of ironhearts.

will068 05-11-2009 04:40 AM

how prevalent is the bleeding of the dye from raw jeans to items such as white shoes, chairs/couches that have a fabric covering, or even the bottom portion of your shirts ?

hongy 05-11-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will068 (Post 6418314)
how prevalent is the bleeding of the dye from raw jeans to items such as white shoes, chairs/couches that have a fabric covering, or even the bottom portion of your shirts ?

A lot, my white shoes turned blue really fast. My white t-shirt have also turned blue on the bottom. This is after several months of wear. But you could always tape the inside of the bottom so you don't turn your white shoes blue, and try not to sit on anything white?

BinsentoW 05-13-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 6418297)
I have a pair of ironhearts.

u seem to say that on every raw denim thread there is. I was looking to get a pair, but don't know if i should get it as my first pair of raw denim.
BTW, where did u get urs?

3xta 05-14-2009 02:47 PM

go to Duntil in gastown, friendly peiople and will be lots of help to you. APC seems to fade very nicely. Notorious MSG, i dont think you bought a pair of raw denim, i think u should bought an unwashed pair of denim.

kaitamasaki 05-14-2009 08:34 PM

I have a pair of APC New Standards and Samurai S0500xx, but haven't gotten great results on them yet.
but lately I think that the whole raw denim thing is still just copying something that happened in Japan ages ago (like colorful street fashion that you see some "trendy" people wear now). I might be wrong, and I still enjoy wearing my raw denim, knowing that I'm paying for more quality and originality than something like R&R.

I just stick with a pair of Uniqlo S001 i got in HK, comfortable, great quality, and nice cutting :D.

Razor Ramon HG 05-14-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3xta (Post 6423443)
go to Duntil in gastown, friendly peiople and will be lots of help to you. APC seems to fade very nicely. Notorious MSG, i dont think you bought a pair of raw denim, i think u should bought an unwashed pair of denim.

They're dry. I know because everytime I touch them, my hands turn all blue :lol that and the product has dry in the title (forgot to update the original post).

I might get a pair of Nudie Slim Jim Dry Black Coated from Dutil. I've been there before, friendly people indeed!

_inwonderland 05-14-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Notorious MSG (Post 6423891)
They're dry. I know because everytime I touch them, my hands turn all blue

That isn't necessarily an indicator of raw denim. Anything overdyed could also bleed a lot. Heck, I have washed Diesel jeans that turn my hands blue and my raws don't. Anyway, just wanted to put that out there...not doubting that yours are raw or anything.

I don't know if you know, but the Nudie dry black coated jeans don't really fade like regular raw jeans. They develop a leatherish appearance with wear instead. Anyway, if you're considering those, maybe take a look at the Naked & Famous Skinny Guy black power stretch jeans or Acne jeans in Cash.

3xta 05-14-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Notorious MSG (Post 6423891)
They're dry. I know because everytime I touch them, my hands turn all blue :lol that and the product has dry in the title (forgot to update the original post).

I might get a pair of Nudie Slim Jim Dry Black Coated from Dutil. I've been there before, friendly people indeed!

just wondering, did you get them recently? does it have a two tone stitching, such as the outline is yellow and the middle "n" logo is white? Because i saw them at harry rosen and thought they too were raw denim, but they were way too soft to be raw. But nonetheless, thin finns fit great and they are a nice pair.

kaitamasaki 05-15-2009 08:20 AM

I got my APC's here: http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/...PARTMENT_ID=38
Dutil was in the mid-200's (and then plus tax) while on denimbar you can use a coupon code from superfuture or something... so I think total came to 140 canadian all inclusive. This was 2 years ago though.

btran 05-21-2009 01:41 AM

evisu! FTW
my nudies havent ripped at the crotch yet but i can see it coming,
but my patching skills will work wonders

3xta 05-21-2009 11:26 AM

you don't usually get massive crotch rips unless u sag a lot.

Si Ed 05-22-2009 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bali Vince (Post 6422719)
u seem to say that on every raw denim thread there is. I was looking to get a pair, but don't know if i should get it as my first pair of raw denim.

you can get ironhearts at www.selfedge.com

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-22-2009 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bali Vince (Post 6422719)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Si Ed (Post 6432683)
you can get ironhearts at www.selfedge.com

or ironheart.co.uk (i got mine there before selfedge had ironhearts)

or whatever, i recommend selfedge.com though.

it was basically my first pair of raw denim. i wouldnt recommend it now unless u like being warmer/hotter, cuz they are quite thick and it's the summer. i wear them as winter/spring/fall jeans.

summer i switch over to a thinner pair of jeans i have.

3xta 05-24-2009 07:06 PM

ulic, post a picture of how ur iron hearts look like now, since u had them for so long, they must have some epic fades