REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   omg is there a peice of teeth in my gum from my wisdom tooth being removed... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/575400-omg-there-peice-teeth-my-gum-my-wisdom-tooth-being-removed.html)

c32 05-11-2009 01:57 PM

omg is there a peice of teeth in my gum from my wisdom tooth being removed...

well it was last year or 2 ago when i removed all 4 widsom tooths.. when they did it they crushed the tooth into little peices and took it out, i could tell cause they gave me my tooths in bunch of little peices...

well now its almost healed up, at the lower left gum i can feel a tooth peice is stuck in my gum near the cut wound.. well it sure feels hard and would hurt a bit if i tried to wiggle it out.. i looked in the mirror and moved the side of my mouth to one side so i could observe it and i could not see clearly what it could be, looks to be gums have grown around it...

can i live a normal life like this? a broken peice of tooth in my gum? it doesnt hurt at all.. would my gums eventualy push that broken tooth out of my gums?? i hate seeing the dentist :mad: they always mess up somehow..

CRS 05-11-2009 10:23 PM

Your life is over.

Now be scared.

In all seriousness, you should check it out at the dentist. Have them X-Ray it and see if they left a few pieces. I would be more worried about infection. I have a pretty sweet dentist. And I hate going to the dentist but my dentist actually seems to care when they are working.

twitchyzero 05-11-2009 11:03 PM

Get it checked out before it gets infected.

It doesnt take 2 years for wisdom tooth sutures region to heal..so you know something is up.

syee 05-16-2009 08:22 AM

If your dentist messes up every time, it's time to find a new dentist.

They should be taking annual x-rays of your teeth anyways. (at least my dentist does this) If they've been doing this, and you've still got bits of your wisdom teeth still there, then there may be a good reason for it. Ask your dentist, or if you don't like your current dentist or think that they aren't doing a good job, get a second opinion from another dentist.

LemonH2O 05-17-2009 11:31 PM

I had all 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed a couple years ago and my stitches were all melted away, wounds all fully healed within 2 weeks.

A year or two is outrageous?

NiceGirl 05-18-2009 09:16 PM

a year or two ago is quite some time.

i had a similar thing happen, except that it was a piece of bone that was being rejected by my body. and that happened about 3 weeks after i had my extractions.

i think it's probably the same idea, your body rejecting that piece of the broken tooth. your dentist probably missed it when they were taking out your wisdom teeth. go back to the dentist when you have your regular check up and ask about it. by then, it may fall out on its own. if not, the dentist may be able to just pull it out with some tweezers or something.

m4k4v4li 05-21-2009 11:40 PM

i go to the dentist once every few years never had cavities and don't need braces w0000t go me

Teriyaki 05-27-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syee (Post 6425498)
If your dentist messes up every time, it's time to find a new dentist.

They should be taking annual x-rays of your teeth anyways. (at least my dentist does this) If they've been doing this, and you've still got bits of your wisdom teeth still there, then there may be a good reason for it. Ask your dentist, or if you don't like your current dentist or think that they aren't doing a good job, get a second opinion from another dentist.

+1. I get x-ray'ed every time i get in that damned chair. It prolongs the time i have to spend strapped in that torture chamber though.