REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
c32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

omg is there a peice of teeth in my gum from my wisdom tooth being removed...

well it was last year or 2 ago when i removed all 4 widsom tooths.. when they did it they crushed the tooth into little peices and took it out, i could tell cause they gave me my tooths in bunch of little peices...

well now its almost healed up, at the lower left gum i can feel a tooth peice is stuck in my gum near the cut wound.. well it sure feels hard and would hurt a bit if i tried to wiggle it out.. i looked in the mirror and moved the side of my mouth to one side so i could observe it and i could not see clearly what it could be, looks to be gums have grown around it...

can i live a normal life like this? a broken peice of tooth in my gum? it doesnt hurt at all.. would my gums eventualy push that broken tooth out of my gums?? i hate seeing the dentist they always mess up somehow..

c32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Your life is over.

Now be scared.

In all seriousness, you should check it out at the dentist. Have them X-Ray it and see if they left a few pieces. I would be more worried about infection. I have a pretty sweet dentist. And I hate going to the dentist but my dentist actually seems to care when they are working.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
Get it checked out before it gets infected.

It doesnt take 2 years for wisdom tooth sutures region to heal..so you know something is up.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

If your dentist messes up every time, it's time to find a new dentist.

They should be taking annual x-rays of your teeth anyways. (at least my dentist does this) If they've been doing this, and you've still got bits of your wisdom teeth still there, then there may be a good reason for it. Ask your dentist, or if you don't like your current dentist or think that they aren't doing a good job, get a second opinion from another dentist.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I had all 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed a couple years ago and my stitches were all melted away, wounds all fully healed within 2 weeks.

A year or two is outrageous?
LemonH2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #6
I don't get it

a year or two ago is quite some time.

i had a similar thing happen, except that it was a piece of bone that was being rejected by my body. and that happened about 3 weeks after i had my extractions.

i think it's probably the same idea, your body rejecting that piece of the broken tooth. your dentist probably missed it when they were taking out your wisdom teeth. go back to the dentist when you have your regular check up and ask about it. by then, it may fall out on its own. if not, the dentist may be able to just pull it out with some tweezers or something.
NiceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

i go to the dentist once every few years never had cavities and don't need braces w0000t go me
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,400 Times in 551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
If your dentist messes up every time, it's time to find a new dentist.

They should be taking annual x-rays of your teeth anyways. (at least my dentist does this) If they've been doing this, and you've still got bits of your wisdom teeth still there, then there may be a good reason for it. Ask your dentist, or if you don't like your current dentist or think that they aren't doing a good job, get a second opinion from another dentist.
+1. I get x-ray'ed every time i get in that damned chair. It prolongs the time i have to spend strapped in that torture chamber though.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote