REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-18-2009, 03:47 AM   #26
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
why can't you seem to get your head out of your ass?

Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:05 AM   #27
I am Hook'd on RS

i'm surprised the girl seemed "impressed" by such a lame ass line

and to be honest, who agrees to having someone come in as a customer and pay them back money during work? if i was the boss and saw this exchange i'd think the employee is pocketing the restaurants money or something. that's the worst case scenario i guess but it oculd happen.
mangopudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #28
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
What does your book say to do?

If this is a completely friendly and non-predatory return of someone else's belongings, then I don't see why it should be any more complicated than just plainly returning the $10.

Unless of course, the intention is definitely predatory and overly friendly which I surmise it actually is.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #29
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
So here's the scenario:
If when he drops it off, he says to you "This is for last night/week/time",
what would your typical reaction be?
What exactly does this line mean? If I were a 3rd party to the conversation, not knowing what the context of the conversation was, it would seriously sound like he way paying her for her "services"...

If someone went to my workplace and said that to me (especially with co-workers or customers around), I wouldn't exactly be too appreciative.

Or...perhaps I'm just reading that the wrong way...
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #30
Tech Team Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
You drop a $10 bill that night and he picks it up for you.
You're informed that he will drop it off by your workplace
I'm just confused why he wouldn't be returning the $10 right then and there? Did she "drop" it and run away? Did he not give it back to her right away just so he would have an excuse to visit her?

2001 BMW M Coupe - Laguna Seca Blue
2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
2003 Honda CBR 954RR
dubzz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
What exactly does this line mean? If I were a 3rd party to the conversation, not knowing what the context of the conversation was, it would seriously sound like he way paying her for her "services"...

If someone went to my workplace and said that to me (especially with co-workers or customers around), I wouldn't exactly be too appreciative.

Or...perhaps I'm just reading that the wrong way...
It was a joke lol
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:02 AM   #32
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
What does your book say to do?

If this is a completely friendly and non-predatory return of someone else's belongings, then I don't see why it should be any more complicated than just plainly returning the $10.

Unless of course, the intention is definitely predatory and overly friendly which I surmise it actually is.
This isn't about what 'to do'.
If I were in his shoes, I would return the $10 because I wouldn't need to go outta my way to do a good deed anyways. I'm comfortable enough with myself to not need an excuse to talk to her.

That wasn't the question though. The question was what kind of responses would I expect to get if I used such a crap cliche line that I'd never even think of with the right tone and attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzz24 View Post
I'm just confused why he wouldn't be returning the $10 right then and there? Did she "drop" it and run away? Did he not give it back to her right away just so he would have an excuse to visit her?
As far as my knowledge goes, she didn't actually 'drop' it in the context of the word. She left it behind after taking it out to do whatever it is she was supposed to be doing with the money (I'm guessing it was her change from splitting the grocery bill), and nobody noticed until later.

-Physixx
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #33
I don't get it

Whether the line works or not will depend on the girl. If she's the sacarstic type with a good sense of humor then yah the line can work as an icebreaker.
michimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #34
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I'm going to say depends on her the person too. Some giggle, or some will just be like - 'wtf?'
k20a is offline   Reply With Quote