REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   GNC SLICED fat burner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/575786-gnc-sliced-fat-burner.html)

Hondaracer 05-14-2009 06:45 PM

GNC SLICED fat burner

anyone ever used it? i somewhat got suckered in to buying it and i realize now that i shouldnt have even been in GNC probably but i ended up getting it for almost free when buying some CLA as well as 2 tubs of protein

i cant find any reviews online really and i dont know if i really want to use it or just fuck it and go with an ECA stack..

got caffeine, guarana, green tea extract, arginine, acetyl, bitter orange peel extract, evodiamine, banaba leaf extract, and some other shit

dosage is 2 caps with breakfast and 2 with dinner

uhg..

also even though i got the stupid GNC gold card im asuming i should go somewhere else locally for better prices? Popeyes?

u shouldnt buy suplements when your baked, i always just fucking buy into everything the sales guy has to say

Deezle 05-14-2009 07:14 PM

I haven't used the product, but i find the majority of the gold card prices are higher than regular priced supplements from Popeyes. Haha, about the baked buying decisions... i know how you feel lol

Hondaracer 05-14-2009 07:58 PM

i think the same applies for shopping for anything lol, bad descisons..

Volvo-brickster 05-14-2009 09:28 PM

unless you are a competitve body builder and are trying the shed the last few pounds, why bother with fat burners?

eat proper and do cardio

or caffine and coccaine

can u still return it?

hal0g0dv2 05-14-2009 09:45 PM

ya dude gnc will sell you anything man, they push all there stuff hardcore, go to popeyes were the guys know some what about nutrition, i remember at metro town i saw a 45 year old fob working at gnc almost fell on the floor

RayBot 05-14-2009 09:54 PM

I just recently bought a GNC fat burner, but i did my own research prior to it, and i ended up buying GNC Thermoburst, which is cheaper then most stuff there, and better reviewed, and i personally like it. It was 29.99, minus the gold card discount.

I don't even use the recommended dosage, it says to do 3 pills 1 hour prior to workout....i do 2 pills, and i am fine.

The ingredients are pretty much the same, and i noticed results in the first day. No side effects, except for the fact that you shouldn't take it at night because u'll have major problems sleeping....no surprise there.

But first and foremost...i lost 30 pounds BEFORE i bought this thermogenic. I did hours and hours of various cardio to get rid of unwanted weight. ITS BEST TO BUILD YOUR METABOLISM NATURALLY as opposed to depending on any thermogenic or fat burning product. The reason why i bought this thermogenic is to bring me to the next level in athletics...not as a primary method of losing weight. After the 30 lbs i lost, i lost 5 more pounds using what i bought, and i have 8 more pounds to lose before i hit my goal.

Another peice of advice that i got from magazines and other sources is something that i do follow...just because it makes total sense. If you're gonna use a fat burner, document what you do for your workouts, and stop using your pills after a week or two. During that break, make it a goal to acheive the same workouts without your pills. This will boost your metabolism a little bit more naturally. If you keep on using them, then your body will naturally depend on fat burners to maintain your metabolism.

Hondaracer 05-15-2009 04:59 PM

good points raybot

and yea i've been doing fairly intense cardio now for about a month and was just going to introduce a fat burner

but i think im going to try and take this shit back and get back onto an ECA stack i dont know why i even bought this stuff

Jer3 05-15-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 6424965)
good points raybot

and yea i've been doing fairly intense cardio now for about a month and was just going to introduce a fat burner

but i think im going to try and take this shit back and get back onto an ECA stack i dont know why i even bought this stuff

good idea. im on my first EC stack cycle and its great. i don't think any other products can beat it in terms of value and effectiveness.

Hondaracer 05-15-2009 06:31 PM

i used thermalean about 2.5 years ago and lost 30lb's in just over 2 months, it also gives you a huge boost working out

as well, there are clinical studies and bodybuilders pretty much swear by that fact that with an ECA stack you burn calories and reduce weight without even doing cardio [not like thats what im doing but obviously it increases your effectiveness when it does that]

hal0g0dv2 05-15-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 6424965)
good points raybot

ya man take it back, is says on the back of the receipt i think ?

Hondaracer 05-16-2009 12:23 AM

yea didnt see that before says full refund if unsatisfied

TheSalesman 05-16-2009 02:41 AM

Sorry, noob question. What is this ECA stack you guys are talking about?
Just started hitting the gym again and havn't tried any fat burners or any pills.

Hondaracer 05-16-2009 01:18 PM

ECA = Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Asprin

what is basically does is open up your lungs, increase blood flow, raise body heat slightly, etc.

theres alot to read up on it if you want to look into it, very few places locally actually sell the "stack" ie. thermalean which is 1 pill with all 3 in it

most people buy the 3 seperately then you can manage your doses on your own

probably one of if not the best fat burner out there, because like i said you take it and burn fat without even working out, but thats really not the point

as Raybot said, any suplemenets should really be added to a plan, not used in starting out a workout plan

odds are im going to be using CLA and just some vitamins, flax, etc. for a while before i even considering starting any fat burners, and ive been going fairly hard on cardio for almost a month at this point

RayBot 05-17-2009 06:09 AM

Yeah...i hear stuff nuts stuff about ECA Stacks, in a good way. Noob guy that asked should just make sure they take a supplement that will suit their lifestyle....again, no surprise there.

I'm actually really happy with what i am using; just lost another 3 lbs these last couple days.

sil-300 06-21-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 6425740)
ECA = Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Asprin

what is basically does is open up your lungs, increase blood flow, raise body heat slightly, etc.

theres alot to read up on it if you want to look into it, very few places locally actually sell the "stack" ie. thermalean which is 1 pill with all 3 in it

most people buy the 3 seperately then you can manage your doses on your own

probably one of if not the best fat burner out there, because like i said you take it and burn fat without even working out, but thats really not the point

as Raybot said, any suplemenets should really be added to a plan, not used in starting out a workout plan

odds are im going to be using CLA and just some vitamins, flax, etc. for a while before i even considering starting any fat burners, and ive been going fairly hard on cardio for almost a month at this point

Hondaracer, where have you been buying your thermalean?

Meowjin 06-21-2009 03:30 AM

ECA stacks are unbelievalbe. Just make sure you cycle and do it once in a while (I stick with 24mg of E a day and 1 asprin a day as opposed to 3 times a day.) Also asprin in the long run is bad for your stomach, and thermalean has a REDICILIOUS amount of the white willowbark in it, so I'd stay away from that shit. At least with the ECA you know what you are taking.

Jer3 06-21-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 6475277)
ECA stacks are unbelievalbe. Just make sure you cycle and do it once in a while (I stick with 24mg of E a day and 1 asprin a day as opposed to 3 times a day.) Also asprin in the long run is bad for your stomach, and thermalean has a REDICILIOUS amount of the white willowbark in it, so I'd stay away from that shit. At least with the ECA you know what you are taking.

the only thing i hate about ec stacks is the crash after the caffeine dies out and the occasional cramping i get when i run (but not when i do stationary bike or elliptical for some reason).

Wagonized 06-21-2009 03:09 PM

if youre serious about losing weight i wouldnt bother using anything sold over the counter at GNC or any other places.

get your diet down so that ur already losing weight and just use supplementation to speed this process or to keep more of ur muscle while losing.

I recommed clenbuterol or albuterol over an eca stack by far! A little more difficult to find though, usually have to go through underground labs who produce steroids as they generally will also make their own clen at the very least and sometimes albuterol aswell.

RayBot 06-21-2009 03:53 PM

I've just finished a bottle of GNC's Thermoburst...like i mentioned above. Its cheap and works great. However, i found a way to enlong the longevity of my bottle. I work out around noon after a few hours at my office. After two cups of black coffee, it gives me very close to the same effect as my thermogenic.....and the coffee is free!

saucywoman 06-22-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 6475277)
Also asprin in the long run is bad for your stomach,

aspirin is also a blood thinner.

Hondaracer 06-22-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sil-300 (Post 6475118)
Hondaracer, where have you been buying your thermalean?

i bought mine at reflex before, u just have to ask for it, dunno if they still sell it though

Ch28 06-22-2009 10:35 PM

need to do some reading up on ECA stacks

i've heard a lot about them before but never really thought about using it

Hondaracer 06-23-2009 03:56 PM

bodybuilding.com

and like i said earlier, they are now "EC" stacks, no more asprin, and yes they do work wonders, but add them into a good routine and you will see the results you want, not the other way around :)

Meowjin 06-23-2009 08:34 PM

I would not take CLEN or ALB.

I would seriously discuss any supplement to your doctor. You can talk to them about steroid use too, they arn't going to arrest you.

Wagonized 07-02-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 6479388)
I would not take CLEN or ALB.

why is that? theyre very very heavily used and Ive never heard of any negative results from either of them other than people being disappointed that it wasnt a wonder drug that took their weight off when they ate like shit

Albuterol especially is quite mild to the body while ur on it but for me atleast cuts much quicker and more efficiently than clen. However while on clen I do get a much more anabolic feel from it, I always gain strength while on clen while losing fat.