REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
noob

Something smells real fishy.

Met this girl through friends so I get her msn and we've been chatting off and on. When I see her online the onus is on me to initiate the conversation because she won't talk to me first. Thats ok cause guys are supposed to be the go getters and resting on your laurels means you're just a chump in most cases.

Last week or so things have gotten too whack to even put into words. The last 3 times I've logged into MSN I see the notification that she comes online only to log off seconds later. Now the first time I could pass it off as connection problems or some other mundane reason. When it happens 3 times consecutively the spidey sense starts goes off. Anyways, today she logged on again and low and behold she pulls the same stunt again. I really want to give her the benefit of the doubt but I don't have a sign on my forehead that says 'SUCKA'. To prove that something indeed is going on I decided to go into invisible mode and see if she would log back in and you don't need to be Nostradamus to predict what happened next.

Should I confront her about this or just ignore her and move on? This seems childish, immature and downright petty.

AsBannedAsItGets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
NSX
NA1

Youre over thinking it. If you approach her about it, it just makes you look desperate.
And if it is true, it means....she doesnt want to talk to you, but too nice to delete you.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Do it again a couple more times to see if the same thing happens to be really sure...
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

if you have never met her face to face, or even talked on the phone, don't bother wasting your time to try and confront her about it. just leave her on your list and dont talk to her for a while, then see what happens. by the way, should have gotten her number by now, if you haven't give your head a little shake.
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets View Post
This seems childish, immature and downright petty.
It is, so stop wasting your time with her
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

hahahah, MSN has a tendency to go that. My friend sometimes tell me that I wasnt online while the whole time I'm online. Sometimes my frd just connect & disconnect every couple minutes. U over think things my man

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #7
Tech Team Mod

If she was making that much of an effort to hide from you why wouldn't she just block you? I'd say you're just reading into it way too much. With the chatting you've been doing have you at least got her phone / fb?

2001 BMW M Coupe - Laguna Seca Blue
2014 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
2003 Honda CBR 954RR
dubzz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Don't confront, that's just weird and creepy.

Next time you see her just ask for her phone number.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
I hate using text mediums to communicate with someone of the opposite gender. There's way too much assuming and unexpected twists that you can't observe from behind your computer screen.

If you're still going to talk to her, do it in person.
If not, just leave it. Like you said, it's childish, immature and petty; so if you're trying to beat her at her own game, what does that make you?

-Physixx
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:16 PM   #10
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP View Post
Youre over thinking it. If you approach her about it, it just makes you look desperate.
And if it is true, it means....she doesnt want to talk to you, but too nice to delete you.
Why wouldn't she just delete me and be done with it?
The last thing I wanna do is just make things uncomfortable as that is a recipe for disaster. I thought we were cool but I guess not.
She's a really nice girl so I'm willing to bet that she just doesn't want to hurt my feelings.

O well, there's billions of chicks out there. Not gonna get all hung up on 1 girl but I really need to step my game up. I thought I wasn't doing too bad.

Would love to hear a female's perspective on this. What kind of MSN etiquette do you employ on guy's you don't really dig?
Old 05-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
Director of RS Cares

if i don't want to talk to someone, i block them or don't even add them in the first place
but if they are on my list, i'm usually in away/busy mode anyways so even if they msged me i wouldn't have to talk to them

maybe she doesn't want to delete you because a person can see whether or not someone has deleted them off of their list and maybe she didn't wanna seem mean.

did you guys talk often before she started acting "fishy?" if not then i say just let it go and move on.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #12
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

you know.. ppl can sign in on invisable mode first that way NO ONE can see them online
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:26 PM   #13
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

just ask for the # first and then see what happens from there
cuz msn is too impersonal

i just hate talking on msn..its just a mind teasing game

is she laughing when she says LOL
am i funny enough
do i spark interest
oh yes she said goodnight to me
yes! she msged me first

damnit!
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #14
I STILL don't get it

Like what everyone said, you are thinking way too much. MSN is only good for gathering info such as her phone number if you are uncomfortable asking in person. Call her and ask her to hang out with you and go from there.
Vege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:15 AM   #15
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP View Post
she doesnt want to talk to you, but too nice to delete you.
Its so obvious man, and from my experience, girls that like you will always find ways to talk to you.
ctsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
i
did you guys talk often before she started acting "fishy?" if not then i say just let it go and move on.
We didn't talk a lot. An occasional "hi, hey, hello" here and there. A couple times we had some lengthy conversations. I'm obviously stumped at this change of behavior. I was planning to ask for her number sooner rather than later however in light of this unfortunate turn of events, I guess all is lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsport View Post
Its so obvious man, and from my experience, girls that like you will always find ways to talk to you.
I agree. I feel that if a girl is interested in a guy then she would find opportunities to contact him regardless.

I deleted her from my contact list. I didn't block her so if by some miraculous twist of fate she does indeed msg me in the future I'll at least be able to receiver her msg.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #17
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
We didn't talk a lot. An occasional "hi, hey, hello" here and there. A couple times we had some lengthy conversations. I'm obviously stumped at this change of behavior. I was planning to ask for her number sooner rather than later however in light of this unfortunate turn of events, I guess all is lost.

I agree. I feel that if a girl is interested in a guy then she would find opportunities to contact him regardless.

I deleted her from my contact list. I didn't block her so if by some miraculous twist of fate she does indeed msg me in the future I'll at least be able to receiver her msg.

i hope things work out for you man
keep trucking buddy
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #18
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Pretty much the best way of going about it. Until then move on.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #19
My homepage has been set to RS

why do you care? its msn. kinda childish thing to fuss over.

she's avoiding you. let it go.

or she's not. it really s houldnt be that hard to tell
Old 05-16-2009, 01:51 PM   #20
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
why wouldn't she just block you? she may just be having msn troubles.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

I thought this thread was going to be about a girls kitty kat that smelled like fish, epic fail of a thread!
choda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:02 PM   #22
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
You should take screen caps of activity when she logs on and off immediately, put together a screen capture album in windows movie maker and post it on youtube. Afterwards, email the youtube link to her and have her watch her own msn activity. At the end of the email, ask the question "Are you avoiding me?"

Then wait for a response. Give it 5 hours. If nothing, email again with youtube link and same question because maybe she didn't get the email the first time. Give 5 more hours and afterwards email "Please respond".

Then next time you see her outside, ask her how she feels your guys' relationship is going.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #23
This title intentionally left blank MOD

Who cares? If she talks to you, she talks to you. If she doesn't, move on. There are better uses for your time and energy if she doesn't want to either initiate conversation or talk in general.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #24
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I think you should take The_AK's advice. It seems like pretty sound advice to me

Seriously? You're going to worry about some girl you barely speak to not messaging you? Wow, grow up. Worry about shit that actually matters, not whether some chick is avoiding you on msn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:20 AM   #25
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Someone feels insecure. Start being a man.

/thread

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote