REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 05-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Computer Screen Help!

So for a while now I never really noticed this but it has been getting annoying.

Every like 2 or 3 minutes of not using my top screen, it becomes deselected or something. I don't know how to put it into words really.

But when I read a .pdf file and try to scroll down after not using it for a minute or 2, then I have to click on it so that it is my "top" screen, even though it is already on the top.

When I am working on google chrome is does this too. So like if I am reading a post and need to scroll down, usually you just push down. But I have to re-click it and then scroll down. Sometimes it even changes while I type. So in the middle of a sentence I have to re-click chrome and the message screen because it has switched screens.

It doesn't actually pop-up a new screen or anything, but it does go into the back, like the title bar changes color to the softer blue, stating there should be something in front of it. This happens on the internet and when not using it.

Any ideas? Tips?
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
do these first
virus scan
adware/spyware scan
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #3

any type recommended? I have norton
Old 05-18-2009, 02:13 AM   #4
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Yeah, definitely sounds like some background process is taking over the "focus" (that's the word you're looking for).
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
any type recommended? I have norton
Yeah, get a virus scanner, then we'll talk. Do a virus scan with anything but norton, and then throw on top like lilaznviper suggested, adware/spyware scan.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
norton doesnt catch most of the viruses try AVG and others
adware just google adware and u should see a free one
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote