REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Buy & Sell

Okanagan Buy & Sell Suspension, Rims, Cars, and Fruits
Where Okanagan comes to swap parts..

Old 05-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
oh you just look so big

FS: '97 Suzuki Sidekick, 2dr, 5spd, 202K kms

The time has come to sell my beloved '97 Pontiac Sunrunner (exactly the same as a Suzuki Sidekick/Chevy Tracker). I'm selling because I have 3 vehicles, and it's kind of expensive putting full insurance on all 3.

While the '97s look the same as the '89-98s, in 1995 a whole bunch of things changed, including a better, more powerful yet more efficient engine, way nicer dash/interior, dual airbags, etc.

Here are the specs on mine:

202,000 kms (90% of what I put on it are highway)
16-valve 1.6L 4 cylinder (G16B). They go forever, very peppy and extremely good on gas. I've gotten as low as 8.1L/100 km in the city and 7.3L/100km on the highway...about on par with similar year Proteges, Accords, Jettas, etc.
I've owned it for nearly 2 yrs and have ALWAYS run full synthetic oil in it. It will have 0 km on a fresh oil change when I sell it. Engine runs smooth, no leaks, etc.
5-speed manual - clutch is great, shifts smooth, no issues.
4x4 works PERFECTLY...never had an issue, and it's absolutely unstoppable in the snow.

Interior is 99% mint, there's a rip on the SIDE of the driver's seat...not visible when you're inside only when you first open the door.

Tires have lots of tread left (bought less than a year ago), slightly oversize...225/75/15, which has lot more grip on the trails, and actually improves hwy gas mileage due to them being taller. They're mounted on 15" factory aluminum alloys. (3-spoke, getting kind of rare).

Top is in good, but not perfect shape...no tears or rips in the top, but someone slashed one of the side windows before I even owned it...it's a few bucks from wreckers, I just somehow never got around to getting one.

Heat works beautifully (nice and hot!), windows work great, all locks, etc everything works great

BRAND NEW windshield (as of May 15, it's getting parked so I can drive my Jetta on May 21)

Extras:

PIAA headlights
Panasonic MP3 head unit
Sony Xplod speakers
K&N air filter
Block heater (though even in -35 weather it starts on its own)
Swagman fully-secured 2-bike carrier. This is not your cheapo Canadian Tire rack, this is as solid and sturdy as they come. Cost nearly $200, comes with keys, etc.

The not so good:

e-brake works, but SOMETIMES sticks...so I don't use it...I'm guessing something just needs to be greased/oiled
it had a little rust mainly by the driver's side rear wheel...I sanded it down to the metal/primered it/painted it, so now there's no rust...but the paint slightly mis-matches...only apparent when you look closely
dent in driver's side door...was in the middle of nowhere, road conditions changed fast, skidded off road and slightly nudged a tree. When I got out, the tree kinda scraped along the side and rippled the door a bit...oddly enough most people don't notice it unless I point it out and it didn't rust/affect the door opening or closing, etc
There's a little chirp coming from the tailgate on bumps thanks to the extra weight of the bike rack...this is totally minor and it's never really bothered me, but I thought I'd mention it.

I'll try to have some fresh pics, but in the meantime here are some a year or so ago:

It will be located in Kamloops, and available for viewing/test drives anytime after May 21.

Please stick to the topic on this thread and try not to hate on the make/model/splash graphics. Thank you.

The price is $3,200, and I have taken into account its relatively low kms and its imperfections. However, it's OBO, so I'm open to reasonable offers as I would like to stop paying insurance on it and have some money to put towards the Jetta

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Advertisement
B4N M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
oh you just look so big

bump...price drop to $2,900
Old 05-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
oh you just look so big

k I just wanna get rid of it and fast...I have an offer of $2,100 on the table right now...beat it and it's yours...but be fast, I want it gone before midnight Friday...
Old 05-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
oh you just look so big

SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD