REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
RS Lurker, I don't post!

24hr not in vehical

I have my class 7 N. licence.
I was grabbing cash from the bank machine with my keys in my pocket last week, and when i came out a RCMP officer demands my licence and for me to walk to the back of the car for a breathalizer. (had 3 beer 4 hrs prior) I belew and he said i failed. Dident show me any numbers or anything. Put me in the back of the car and issued me a 24hr. Vehical was towed and impounded. All this with me not being in my vehical and him with no proof of me driving. Dont you have to be driving to get a DUI or 24hr??? Or have the keys in the Ignition??
Please Help
Advertisement
bulletyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Did you drive to the bank?

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
RS Lurker, I don't post!

He had no proof. and i was sober no reason for him to pull up behind me and ask for me to blow. He has no grounds to charge me
bulletyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletyoda View Post
He had no proof. and i was sober no reason for him to pull up behind me and ask for me to blow. He has no grounds to charge me

It takes 30 seconds to grab cash from a bank machine. Is it possible that he saw you pull into the parking lot and get out of the vehicle?
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
IF you were sober, how did you fail the ASD? What does it say about alcohol on the back of your class 7 DL? Are you telling us that you never drove the car after having ANY alcohol (to the bank ?) and you NEVER intended to get back behind the wheel, even though you had the keys in your pocket? Are you asking us to believe that ?? Who drove your car there and who was going to drive it away, if the Cop had not stopped you? You never mentioned anything about another driver...just that you thought he couldn't have caught you. Like others said, it's easy to watch people from a distance. Just because you were no longer driving doesn't mean the offense had not already been committed.

As a matter of note, drinking 3 beers 4 hours earlier could not possibly register a "fail" on an ASD, under any circumstances that I have experienced...you need at least 100mg% and that takes way more than 3 beers four hours earlier....LOTS more. At least twice or 3 times that number of normal drinks over that time. What you said would barely register at all...but your DL says ZERO alcohol. I believe that we're not getting the whole story here.

Last edited by zulutango; 05-20-2009 at 08:11 PM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts

The cops are jumping on this like a fat kid on cake.

Seriously though. You should know better OP. Hope you enjoy your suspension/prohibition.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Three beers, four hours earlier, you'd probably still have it on your breath... smelling that would be enough for the cop to request you do the breathalyzer... and as others have noted, there's ZERO tolerance for alcohol on your N. Not .08, not .04, not even .01... ZEE-R0. ANYTHING over 0.0000000000000000000000000000000 counts.

24-hour is automatic... prohibition likely will be too. This link may be helpful...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I love this forum
Old 05-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #9
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

say goodbye to ur liscence.
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billboa View Post
say goodbye to ur liscence.
I think we can say goodbye to the topic starter too...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #11
HELP ME PLS!!!

your body should be more than able to metabolize that alcohol off at roughly an hour per drink assuming you had the last drink atleast an hour prior to leaving.

But yeah, if you drove to the bank...you're screwed.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I think we can say goodbye to the topic starter too...
QFT.

I guarantee the poster is gone.

Either for good or has made a new account.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
Banned By Establishment

The OP's question is not whether he did it or not. I am sure all of us have some sort of conclusion in that regard. His/her question is whether or not there is enough evidence to convict him of a violation. I would request for disclosure of all evidence against you, and examine it closely looking for "gaps" to the logic and reasoning.
JudeChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #14
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudeChow View Post
The OP's question is not whether he did it or not. I am sure all of us have some sort of conclusion in that regard. His/her question is whether or not there is enough evidence to convict him of a violation. I would request for disclosure of all evidence against you, and examine it closely looking for "gaps" to the logic and reasoning.
The 24hr suspension is not a violation ticket where there is a "conviction" per se.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #15
Retired Traffic Cop

The first avenue of "dispute" is a review by the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles. If you are not happy with that outcome, the next stop is the court. Chances are good you will need legal advice for this.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote