REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Real Estate Agent Advice (https://www.revscene.net/forums/576396-real-estate-agent-advice.html)

MegaMx 05-20-2009 07:54 PM

Real Estate Agent Advice

Can somebody recommend me a good real estate agent. I'm looking to buy a place downtown and in the past I always managed to find bad agents that I really didn't get along with who expected to sell me the first house I saw.

Thanks!

rsx 05-21-2009 02:15 PM

pm'd you contact information.

tell 'em it's from Andreas

wacko604 03-31-2012 11:59 AM

Just wanted to put a post up about a VERY bad Real Estate Agent experience I just had. I went to an open house for BelAir Realty Group. The two listing agents dealing with the property were Gino Muoio and Frank Muoio. They were both really rude and both acted like douche bags. They don't seen to understand the term OPEN HOUSE. They didn't like it when we removed an access panel to inspect the furnace and hot water tank. And they didn't like it when we opened a closet door to inspect the main circuit breakers. As a buy it's a fair thing to inspect the home your self. These guys didn't think so. They also not knowledgeable about the property in any way. At the end they basically kicked us out for looking at the house...... So Gino 604-240-5882 and Frank Muoio 604-837-6427 of Bel Air REalty Group are guys that I would stay far away from. From my experience with multiple real estate agents these guys are the worst.

quasi 03-31-2012 12:49 PM

Find someone who specialized in the area you're looking. Anyone can show you properties but every real estate agent has their niche.

cafiax 03-31-2012 01:16 PM

pm'd

Mr.HappySilp 03-31-2012 03:17 PM

To be honest with how the real estate is right now, a lot of agent just went to push ppl to buy buy buy or sell sell sell. A lot of them also lost the meaning of customer sservices.

I was apartment hunting and meet a few really really bad agent. When I ask this one agent about if I am allow to rent the apartment out afterwards he just say yes without checking if there are rules applied (I look at another unit in the same building with another agent and that agent look up the info for me right away letting me know there is a wait list for ppl who wanted to rent their apartments out.....).

There are some good ones. You can try to contact Miss_Crayon| on here.

Ch28 03-31-2012 04:28 PM

PM superdennis

Gridlock 03-31-2012 05:23 PM

Plus, what some people find good, others find really bad.

I would prefer to have someone that opens the door and stays out of my way until I have a question. I can see if it has a view, I don't need you to point it out.

Others would call that agent aloof, and not helpful at all.

I wouldn't deal with anyone but that.

Bonka 03-31-2012 08:14 PM

Did you ask for permission to check the breaker, furnace and hwt first? It may not be a big deal to you but the typical person going through an open house (especially without a realtor in tow) is usually just a lookie loo and the hosting realtor is liable for anything that happens during showings. They could very well be thinking you might be screwing around. Just throwing it out there.

sh0n 03-31-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonka (Post 7870870)
Did you ask for permission to check the breaker, furnace and hwt first? It may not be a big deal to you but the typical person going through an open house (especially without a realtor in tow) is usually just a lookie loo and the hosting realtor is liable for anything that happens during showings. They could very well be thinking you might be screwing around. Just throwing it out there.

Pretty much what Bonka said.

Did you ask for permission to do your further due diligence?

As a homeowner and if I were a realtor showing a property I wouldn't mind if you asked for permission or if you didn't just looking at it generally or briefly would be fine.

But if you are basically trying to dissect the whole place and taking stuff apart that's a pretty big no-no.

If you really were interested in the property and decided to write an offer you would have been able to add in your own clauses for home inspection.

I'm not helping out that listing agent but he does and is serving his and his client's best interest in making sure there is nothing wrong with the house after the showing.

I've been to many open houses in my life and from a bystander point of view what's worse is the neighbours, the jones, everyone and their mother comes to an open - messes shit up, moves stuff around, sit on the couch, sleep on the bed (you name it I've seen it)

Put yourself in the listing agent's shoe. Perhaps if you made a formal introduction of yourself (like at least your first name, phone number, if you were or were not working with a realtor) and then they would probably allow you some leeway.

Long story short:
How would you feel if someone you didn't know (no introduction) walks into your home and opens all cabinets, snoops around and checks absolutely everything

iEatClams 03-31-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wacko604 (Post 7870410)
Just wanted to put a post up about a VERY bad Real Estate Agent experience I just had. I went to an open house for BelAir Realty Group. The two listing agents dealing with the property were Gino Muoio and Frank Muoio. They were both really rude and both acted like douche bags. They don't seen to understand the term OPEN HOUSE. They didn't like it when we removed an access panel to inspect the furnace and hot water tank. And they didn't like it when we opened a closet door to inspect the main circuit breakers. As a buy it's a fair thing to inspect the home your self. These guys didn't think so. They also not knowledgeable about the property in any way. At the end they basically kicked us out for looking at the house...... So Gino 604-240-5882 and Frank Muoio 604-837-6427 of Bel Air REalty Group are guys that I would stay far away from. From my experience with multiple real estate agents these guys are the worst.

Did you tell them you want to inspect those circuit breakers or did you just went on ahead and did it? Did you ask the realtor to open it for you? You cant go around doing removing things just cause you want to inspect things. Cause open houses are not like that.

Usually if you want to inspect the property you can do that after making an offer and include the subject clause :subject to an inspection etc.

If I let my realtor host an open house, Im not letting people look into my closet openly and potentially stealing things.

iEatClams 03-31-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh0n (Post 7871015)
Pretty much what Bonka said.

Did you ask for permission to do your further due diligence?

As a homeowner and if I were a realtor showing a property I wouldn't mind if you asked for permission or if you didn't just looking at it generally or briefly would be fine.

But if you are basically trying to dissect the whole place and taking stuff apart that's a pretty big no-no.

If you really were interested in the property and decided to write an offer you would have been able to add in your own clauses for home inspection.

I'm not helping out that listing agent but he does and is serving his and his client's best interest in making sure there is nothing wrong with the house after the showing.

I've been to many open houses in my life and from a bystander point of view what's worse is the neighbours, the jones, everyone and their mother comes to an open - messes shit up, moves stuff around, sit on the couch, sleep on the bed (you name it I've seen it)

Put yourself in the listing agent's shoe. Perhaps if you made a formal introduction of yourself (like at least your first name, phone number, if you were or were not working with a realtor) and then they would probably allow you some leeway.

Long story short:
How would you feel if someone you didn't know (no introduction) walks into your home and opens all cabinets, snoops around and checks absolutely everything

+ 1

iEatClams 03-31-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridlock (Post 7870665)
Plus, what some people find good, others find really bad.

I would prefer to have someone that opens the door and stays out of my way until I have a question. I can see if it has a view, I don't need you to point it out.

Others would call that agent aloof, and not helpful at all.

I wouldn't deal with anyone but that.

This was the attitude of the best realtor I ever worked with, and no surprise, he was one of the best guys. I went to an open house where he was the selling agent, and notice how we was operating, and although I didn't buy that house, I liked how he operated and got him as my agent. Really honest about everything and didn't seem pushy at all. If I had questions he answered everything for me. Otherwise just let me do my thing.

ae101 04-01-2012 02:28 AM

i duno much about realtors but hk2000 is a realtor, if u can't agree on a house he can still fix your car :fullofwin: