REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Real Estate Agent Advice

Can somebody recommend me a good real estate agent. I'm looking to buy a place downtown and in the past I always managed to find bad agents that I really didn't get along with who expected to sell me the first house I saw.

Thanks!
Advertisement
MegaMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
pm'd you contact information.

tell 'em it's from Andreas
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
Need to Seek Professional Help

Just wanted to put a post up about a VERY bad Real Estate Agent experience I just had. I went to an open house for BelAir Realty Group. The two listing agents dealing with the property were Gino Muoio and Frank Muoio. They were both really rude and both acted like douche bags. They don't seen to understand the term OPEN HOUSE. They didn't like it when we removed an access panel to inspect the furnace and hot water tank. And they didn't like it when we opened a closet door to inspect the main circuit breakers. As a buy it's a fair thing to inspect the home your self. These guys didn't think so. They also not knowledgeable about the property in any way. At the end they basically kicked us out for looking at the house...... So Gino 604-240-5882 and Frank Muoio 604-837-6427 of Bel Air REalty Group are guys that I would stay far away from. From my experience with multiple real estate agents these guys are the worst.
wacko604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Find someone who specialized in the area you're looking. Anyone can show you properties but every real estate agent has their niche.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

pm'd
cafiax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
To be honest with how the real estate is right now, a lot of agent just went to push ppl to buy buy buy or sell sell sell. A lot of them also lost the meaning of customer sservices.

I was apartment hunting and meet a few really really bad agent. When I ask this one agent about if I am allow to rent the apartment out afterwards he just say yes without checking if there are rules applied (I look at another unit in the same building with another agent and that agent look up the info for me right away letting me know there is a wait list for ppl who wanted to rent their apartments out.....).

There are some good ones. You can try to contact Miss_Crayon| on here.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
PM superdennis
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Plus, what some people find good, others find really bad.

I would prefer to have someone that opens the door and stays out of my way until I have a question. I can see if it has a view, I don't need you to point it out.

Others would call that agent aloof, and not helpful at all.

I wouldn't deal with anyone but that.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Did you ask for permission to check the breaker, furnace and hwt first? It may not be a big deal to you but the typical person going through an open house (especially without a realtor in tow) is usually just a lookie loo and the hosting realtor is liable for anything that happens during showings. They could very well be thinking you might be screwing around. Just throwing it out there.
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
Did you ask for permission to check the breaker, furnace and hwt first? It may not be a big deal to you but the typical person going through an open house (especially without a realtor in tow) is usually just a lookie loo and the hosting realtor is liable for anything that happens during showings. They could very well be thinking you might be screwing around. Just throwing it out there.
Pretty much what Bonka said.

Did you ask for permission to do your further due diligence?

As a homeowner and if I were a realtor showing a property I wouldn't mind if you asked for permission or if you didn't just looking at it generally or briefly would be fine.

But if you are basically trying to dissect the whole place and taking stuff apart that's a pretty big no-no.

If you really were interested in the property and decided to write an offer you would have been able to add in your own clauses for home inspection.

I'm not helping out that listing agent but he does and is serving his and his client's best interest in making sure there is nothing wrong with the house after the showing.

I've been to many open houses in my life and from a bystander point of view what's worse is the neighbours, the jones, everyone and their mother comes to an open - messes shit up, moves stuff around, sit on the couch, sleep on the bed (you name it I've seen it)

Put yourself in the listing agent's shoe. Perhaps if you made a formal introduction of yourself (like at least your first name, phone number, if you were or were not working with a realtor) and then they would probably allow you some leeway.

Long story short:
How would you feel if someone you didn't know (no introduction) walks into your home and opens all cabinets, snoops around and checks absolutely everything
Old 03-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko604 View Post
Just wanted to put a post up about a VERY bad Real Estate Agent experience I just had. I went to an open house for BelAir Realty Group. The two listing agents dealing with the property were Gino Muoio and Frank Muoio. They were both really rude and both acted like douche bags. They don't seen to understand the term OPEN HOUSE. They didn't like it when we removed an access panel to inspect the furnace and hot water tank. And they didn't like it when we opened a closet door to inspect the main circuit breakers. As a buy it's a fair thing to inspect the home your self. These guys didn't think so. They also not knowledgeable about the property in any way. At the end they basically kicked us out for looking at the house...... So Gino 604-240-5882 and Frank Muoio 604-837-6427 of Bel Air REalty Group are guys that I would stay far away from. From my experience with multiple real estate agents these guys are the worst.
Did you tell them you want to inspect those circuit breakers or did you just went on ahead and did it? Did you ask the realtor to open it for you? You cant go around doing removing things just cause you want to inspect things. Cause open houses are not like that.

Usually if you want to inspect the property you can do that after making an offer and include the subject clause :subject to an inspection etc.

If I let my realtor host an open house, Im not letting people look into my closet openly and potentially stealing things.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0n View Post
Pretty much what Bonka said.

Did you ask for permission to do your further due diligence?

As a homeowner and if I were a realtor showing a property I wouldn't mind if you asked for permission or if you didn't just looking at it generally or briefly would be fine.

But if you are basically trying to dissect the whole place and taking stuff apart that's a pretty big no-no.

If you really were interested in the property and decided to write an offer you would have been able to add in your own clauses for home inspection.

I'm not helping out that listing agent but he does and is serving his and his client's best interest in making sure there is nothing wrong with the house after the showing.

I've been to many open houses in my life and from a bystander point of view what's worse is the neighbours, the jones, everyone and their mother comes to an open - messes shit up, moves stuff around, sit on the couch, sleep on the bed (you name it I've seen it)

Put yourself in the listing agent's shoe. Perhaps if you made a formal introduction of yourself (like at least your first name, phone number, if you were or were not working with a realtor) and then they would probably allow you some leeway.

Long story short:
How would you feel if someone you didn't know (no introduction) walks into your home and opens all cabinets, snoops around and checks absolutely everything
+ 1
Old 03-31-2012, 11:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Plus, what some people find good, others find really bad.

I would prefer to have someone that opens the door and stays out of my way until I have a question. I can see if it has a view, I don't need you to point it out.

Others would call that agent aloof, and not helpful at all.

I wouldn't deal with anyone but that.
This was the attitude of the best realtor I ever worked with, and no surprise, he was one of the best guys. I went to an open house where he was the selling agent, and notice how we was operating, and although I didn't buy that house, I liked how he operated and got him as my agent. Really honest about everything and didn't seem pushy at all. If I had questions he answered everything for me. Otherwise just let me do my thing.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:28 AM   #14
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i duno much about realtors but hk2000 is a realtor, if u can't agree on a house he can still fix your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote