REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Colour of Urine (https://www.revscene.net/forums/576454-colour-urine.html)

RayBot 05-21-2009 10:00 AM

Colour of Urine

This just came to mind...

I know the colour of urine is sometimes a concern, or is it?

When its more concentrated yellow or a clear...i don't know what to think of it.

Any health concerns that the symptom of urine colour tells you?

InvisibleSoul 05-21-2009 10:33 AM

Yellow or cloudy means you should drink more water.

saucywoman 05-21-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 6431511)
Yellow or cloudy means you should drink more water.

qft. if it's clear than you're properly hydrated.

sas 05-21-2009 02:54 PM

You can tell alot by your bowel movements and urine. And yes, you should hydrate if not clear.

Also, if you take any supplments, vitamins, your urine may be discoloured.

flawless 05-21-2009 03:31 PM

My piss is clear during the day because I drink a lot of liquids. Only the first piss I take when I wake up is yellowish.

AsBannedAsItGets 05-21-2009 05:50 PM

Yes, yellow urine is an indicator that you need to drink more fluids. If you take hella vitamins your piss is gonna be like a bright neon yellow. Don't fret thats normal.
Just drink lots of water throughout the day.
Clear urine>Yellow urine

inocent200 05-21-2009 07:43 PM

I find that if I take B12 in the morning im pissing bright yellow......weird:confused:

RayBot 05-21-2009 10:38 PM

Thanks everybody...
I was wondering what to think; i just started taking multivitamins and my urine has been this neon bright yellow, so i wanted to start this thread to ask.

Girl 05-22-2009 01:04 AM

^excess vitamin deposits in the urine, it's normal. Vitamin B complex is an example that will turn your pee yellow

yameen 05-22-2009 09:55 AM

i take multivitamins but i don't see the color of the rainbow =/

greendb7 05-22-2009 11:15 AM

I find that if I hold my urine in and piss after I hold it in after a while, it seems like since there's I let "more and more" build up it gets more yellow as opposed to if I piss when I don't have to piss as bad, and it's less yellow and more white

IMASA 05-22-2009 05:12 PM

As long as it's yellow to clear color, you're fine. Cloudy and foamy urine could mean there are a lot of white cells, so you might have an infection. Obviously red/dark brown isn't good. I've seen some nasty black urines before. Some types of medication can change the color of your urine. However, as long as it's clear, yellow, dark yellow, amber, it should be ok. Only way to really tell is to do a urinalysis test. Just because your urine is of normal color, you could still have some problems.

The longer you hold your urine, the more yellow/dark it is going to be as there are more waste products in your urine, such as creatinine and urea. The more you pee, the more clear it should be. Obviously you're going to be peeing more frequently if you are more hydrated.

postcode 05-22-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsRealAsItGets (Post 6432009)
Yes, yellow urine is an indicator that you need to drink more fluids. If you take hella vitamins your piss is gonna be like a bright neon yellow. Don't fret thats normal.
Just drink lots of water throughout the day.
Clear urine>Yellow urine

what happens if my piss is bright yellow after a red bull:confused:

Marioo1991 05-25-2009 12:55 PM

I'd only worry if you're pissing blood

AsBannedAsItGets 05-26-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by postcode (Post 6433453)
what happens if my piss is bright yellow after a red bull:confused:

Don't know bro.. :eek:

nipples 05-26-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeivb (Post 6436526)
I'd only worry if you're pissing blood

thats when u need to bandaid your penis.

Timpo 06-14-2009 12:12 AM

this might be a bit off topic, but if you're pissing because of multi-vitamins you take, it's clearly not working for you.

try one of those green power multi vitamins. those are much better.

Berzerker 06-14-2009 07:10 AM

If your dehydrated your spunk will also take on a yellowish tinge. Stool becomes harder to pass as well as pungent and yellowish urine. These are all signs of dehydration. 80% of the population is chronically dehydrated they just don't know it.

Energy drinks DO affect urine color as well though as my urine is usually the same color as the Rockstar I drink lol looks the same going out as it did in.

Berz out.

tropslevi 06-26-2009 11:43 AM

Urine colour is not a very sensitive or specific way of determine your level of hydration. As long as it is yellow to clear that is fine. In fact if it is clear, this means you are drinking too much fluid. In extreme amounts, that is bad for you.

WHEYsted 06-26-2009 11:58 AM

One time I had brown pee pee. Is this a bad thing?

XtC_13aBy 06-30-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tropslevi (Post 6483472)
In fact if it is clear, this means you are drinking too much fluid. In extreme amounts, that is bad for you.

This is not true. Clear yellow urine is considered to be normal, if it is not clear then you have something to watch out for (eg. dehydration, holding urine for too long, infection..etc)

misteranswer 06-30-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtC_13aBy (Post 6488598)
This is not true. Clear yellow urine is considered to be normal, if it is not clear then you have something to watch out for (eg. dehydration, holding urine for too long, infection..etc)

You said the same thing except you added "not clear" which sounds like cloudy.

skyxx 06-30-2009 05:35 PM

Mines green cause I drink Minotaur.

nabs 06-30-2009 05:41 PM

pee should be clear.

impactX 06-30-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 6464884)
this might be a bit off topic, but if you're pissing because of multi-vitamins you take, it's clearly not working for you.

try one of those green power multi vitamins. those are much better.

WTF? What do you mean it's not working? The body piss out any excess water-soluble vitamins (anything other than Vitamin A, D, E and K) that it doesn't need.

Vitamins are vitamins, brand and source (from fruit or from supplement pills) don't matter. Stop talking out of your ass.