REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 05-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Need anti-virus, AVG 8.5 IS sucks

Bought AVG 8.5 Internet Security bout' 2 weeks ago. Right when i installed it my internet started acting strange, before this never had problems. Some pages would load for 30 seconds and some would get errors blah blah blah. When I uninstalled it all the problems were gone.

Question: What good (basic) anti-virus is good, do i really need internet secuirty? Unless i did something wrong with mine but I don't think i did.
Advertisement
bimmer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

forgot to mention i downloaded the new windows 8 while i got AVG, maybe windows 8 sucks? need some tips, it's really getting on my nerv.
bimmer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

AVG is known as a good anti virus program that should work well for you. The problems you are having are probably because of the "Internet Security" portion of the program. You may not need or want the "Internet Security" features. If you don't install them you won't have the problems you are seeing.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

I simply use Avira for all my antivirus needs. freeav.com

In the end you don't need all that Internet Security mumbo jumbo. Windows already has a good enough firewall and if you have a router there is a firewall in that too. That and maybe a good antimalware scanner like adaware or spybot.

EDIT: I also installed this on my dads machine. Seems to be doing a good job. http://www.cloudantivirus.com/

Last edited by Preemo; 05-21-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: new info
Preemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #5
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
NOD32:
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...5&promoid=1074
Old 05-25-2009, 01:14 PM   #6
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

avast.com

home edition is free, just register any email for unlock code.

also use Malwarebytes. free as well.