REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #51
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE98 View Post
No I dont drive like a hotshot, nowhere in my thread did I mention that I do, Iin fact I noticed its mostly rednecks that drive bigass trucks and suvs (with truck beds empty and single occupancy 99% of the time) that drive like a hotshot and caused most of the road rage. What ethincity are of those drivers? I don't even want to go there.

I'm only coming out at you because you mentioned about going back to china and such and such, that is totally unncessary.

The system here encourages courtesy and paitence, and I have no problem with that, but courtesy and paitence doesn't equal stupidity and arrogance. the way I see it, people who drives at 40km/hr where it is allowed at 60km/hr and backing up the traffic simply have no regard for others. they just care about themseves. This is not courtesy my friend.

And no. My license is not suspended. I was asking that question for my brother. I am a health care professional and I have never had a violation before. Learn to read.
That's right, because its obviously your brother. Because inquiries for a third party like a brother, or a friend of yours, or a friend of a friend in the internet doesn't really mean ones self eh. Like he can't ask himself because it really doesn't concern him as big as you. Nice Try.

And your China point is moot. I'm sure you see highly skilled drivers there, but with ratio of population they have, I'm sure they also outnumber our bad drivers here. The system is fine, its the arrogant fuckers like you that aren't. Keep that attitude in the road up and I guarantee you, your arrogance will eventually make you pay. It always does.

At least I live in a country that will stop and yield for a pedestrian who j-walks. In your rhetoric, you probably want a country who's drivers will not stop but pull a high speed acrobatic, Transporter style maneuvre. Good luck ass munch if that's as narrow a definition you have for "good driving"
Advertisement
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
That's right, because its obviously your brother. Because inquiries for a third party like a brother, or a friend of yours, or a friend of a friend in the internet doesn't really mean ones self eh. Like he can't ask himself because it really doesn't concern him as big as you. Nice Try.

And your China point is moot. I'm sure you see highly skilled drivers there, but with ratio of population they have, I'm sure they also outnumber our bad drivers here. The system is fine, its the arrogant fuckers like you that aren't. Keep that attitude in the road up and I guarantee you, your arrogance will eventually make you pay. It always does.

At least I live in a country that will stop and yield for a pedestrian who j-walks. In your rhetoric, you probably want a country who's drivers will not stop but pull a high speed acrobatic, Transporter style maneuvre. Good luck ass munch if that's as narrow a definition you have for "good driving"

I feel its' a waste of time even explaining to you, who seems to have such a determination that I am my brother. For the last time, My brother was the guy invovled in this incident and he is under aged (17) and I had to handle to whole process for him (speaking with ICBC and the police) After all fails I came up to this forum trying to ask for advise from people who had similiar experiences, I want this solved before my parents are back.

To me you are much more arrogant than anyone here. Nobody on here is saying you shouldn't follow the law and yield to the pedestrians. My point here is clearly for the people that exhibit stupidity rather than being law abiding.

Working for the health care industry I often have to rush to work for emergencies to respond to stand by and on-calls.
(and I am not ambulance staff who can use their sirens)
To drive private vehicles in a emergency situation in vancouver is a pain in the ass.

tell me how you feel when you or your love ones needed to go to hospital immediately for emergencies, and you got people driving like idiots and who couldnt care less about others. See how you can still have your patience then.
AE98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #53
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

consider this:

you can keep taking the drivers licence test untill you pass ONCE.

so after failing several dozen times and getting it right only ONCE, you are deemed safe to drive on the road with everyone else.

Henceforth you may keep driving as long as you just pay to renew your licence. No re-evealuation required.

95 years old, half blind, arthritic and a bum ticker? No problem. Our Gov't deems you safe to drive...untill you kill someone.

Hmmmmm......
Old 05-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #54
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE98 View Post
Working for the health care industry I often have to rush to work for emergencies to respond to stand by and on-calls.
(and I am not ambulance staff who can use their sirens)
To drive private vehicles in a emergency situation in vancouver is a pain in the ass.

tell me how you feel when you or your love ones needed to go to hospital immediately for emergencies, and you got people driving like idiots and who couldnt care less about others. See how you can still have your patience then.
Boo Hoo. Cry me a river. I work in the health industry but I'm not a doctor or nurse or anything significant, but the health industry is blanket signifcant.

For the amount of slow drivers you complain of, there are more drivers that drive at speed, and some at an excess. So to label that our system sucks because of a margin of slow buggers is just the same in crime as blanket labelling the Chinese image as squinty eyed, bowl cut haired, soy sauce smelling little people.

So seriously, you can fuck off with the "things are better back in my country" rants because no one is holding a gun to your head to stay here, is there?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #55
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
as much as I agree with the comments on FOB drivers in richmond, I don't really mind so much, seems like they are dangerous and all but personally haven't actually been in accidents with any.
Only nearly get into accidents,
but isn't that your point of saying how people park within mms of each other and not scratching?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #56
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Richmond FOB accidents are great, usually it's too slow causing accidents that are very slow.

Once you go to Surrey.....I ain't naming races but you know what I mean.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:50 PM   #57
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Might want to reign in the swearing and roid rage there buddy. If he says its his brother, let it be. Not like you're gonna win Sat's lotto just because you proved him wrong online on a forum that a small percentage of Vancouverites read.

On a different topic, i agree with him - thre are a lot of drivers in Vancouver that shouldn't be on the road or need to be retested for their competancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Boo Hoo. Cry me a river. I work in the health industry but I'm not a doctor or nurse or anything significant, but the health industry is blanket signifcant.

For the amount of slow drivers you complain of, there are more drivers that drive at speed, and some at an excess. So to label that our system sucks because of a margin of slow buggers is just the same in crime as blanket labelling the Chinese image as squinty eyed, bowl cut haired, soy sauce smelling little people.

So seriously, you can fuck off with the "things are better back in my country" rants because no one is holding a gun to your head to stay here, is there?

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)

How ironic. Start a thread about your dumbass brother with a suspended license and his dumbass girlfriend who can't even park, then start one bitching about bad drivers.

LOL. Look in the mirror lately?
bengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #59
F**K YOUR HEAD

HAHA ^bengy FTW

sick of people complaining on RS about crappy drivers.
You show him!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #60
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengy View Post
How ironic. Start a thread about your dumbass brother with a suspended license and his dumbass girlfriend who can't even park, then start one bitching about bad drivers.

LOL. Look in the mirror lately?
+1..lol

Here's my 2 cents...

I think what makes a bad driver other than the obvious traits some of you have listed is not being aware of other drivers on the road...

You expect that everyone on the road would have some competence....that should be a given..(Now I know it's not) but say if that was a given...

What ticks me off are people not being aware of other drivers on the road...

I will provide 2 examples that really piss me off...

EX 1:
You are in the middle lane...and the lane to the left of you is the left turn lane...you are behing a car at a red light wanting to get in the left turn lane which starts about a car in front of you...the car in front of you has left a huge gap between them and the car in front of them....if they move forward you can change lanes and make the left turn signal....but they don't move forward so when the light turns green ..then finally you are able to change lanes...but don't make it to the ligght had have to wait again...

EX 2:
You are behing someone in the left lane at a red light and they turn their left turn signal on when the light turns green and you are stuck behind them..

If people knew their surroundings better....traffic flow would be oh so much better..

But living here...that is too much too ask...it really is...
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #61
F**K YOUR HEAD

EX1. sounds more like a jerk asshole driver, and not a dangerous unsafe driver.

funny u misspell behind twice.

Ex2. is pretty annoying forcing you to possibly pull into the other lane, which isn't so bad, but happens all the time, especially on granville between marpole and king edward strip.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #62
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
it dont matter

fucking dumb shits cant read shit.

besides the lack of signs thru out no.1 is just weak. in fact from surrey till burnaby it has 0 sign.

slow mofo keep right or slow mofo gtfo of the fast lane except to pass, BC drivers fail at both of them.

I see your point, but I think it would be MUCH better to have that sign. Because then, it pretty much designates the left lane as a passing lane and not a traveling lane.

Result is no more idiots bitching about not breaking the rules because they are "driving the speed limit" in the left lane. They are 100% wrong in the eyes of the law if the KEEP RIGHT sign was there.
You'll also have more highway patrol cops ticketing left lane drivers (although iono how that will turn out - either way it's better than a "slower traffic keep right sign" which allows them to argue)
E=mc˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #63
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y39h6XsLAP0&NR=1

you guys like this, yes? Thank me.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #64
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^Oh yeah I hate mofos like that, who drive a big truck taking up the fast lane with no regards to other drivers
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #65
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Niiiiice.

Just wondering, anyone know the 1st song in that youtube clip?
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #66
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

i only read the first post... so... in response to the OP, yes hongers in Richmond can't drive for shit (generally). my dad is currently vacationing here and driving in Richmond and he's so used to right hand drives (switching on the wipers instead of signaling) and just driving like a honger (stopping 2 inches apart as if you're sniffing the car's ass in front of you)...................... omfg it irritates me so much i just want to get out of the car and take the fucking bus.

i think suburban folks are waay nicer when it comes to road etiquette (?)...

/end rant
BabyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #67
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXQBLGH View Post
What I don't get is how come on our highways we have these

instead of these

These signs would not do much when there's heavy traffic during rush hour anyways, but I do agree they should change the signs for the off-peak/semi off peak times
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #68
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

You think if the cops really wanted to make more money that they would create/enforce the left lane as passing only. Bet they'd make alot more than setting up speed traps.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote