REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Revscene Spotted (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscene-spotted_189/)
-   -   Purple Civic hatch, RCMP @ onramp to 99 from shell rd. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/576880-purple-civic-hatch-rcmp-%40-onramp-99-shell-rd.html)

taylor192 05-25-2009 03:56 PM

Purple Civic hatch, RCMP @ onramp to 99 from shell rd.

Sorry you got pulled over, I was right behind you, glad I made it through.

If you're on here, why are the RCMP pulling cars over there?

This was a purple civic hatch, slammed, black wheels, no front plate, massive body kit, fart can and was loud.

!Yaminashi 05-25-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 6436789)
why are the RCMP pulling cars over there?

This was a purple civic hatch, slammed, black wheels, no front plate, massive body kit, fart can and was loud.

Sounds like you've answered your own question :p

Harvey Specter 05-25-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 6436789)

lol, I already see a couple infractions that this person would be ticketed for.

124Y 05-25-2009 05:43 PM

LOL...I wonder why... :rolleyes:

taylor192 05-26-2009 01:42 PM

I was more worried about why the RCMP has been parked there a few times now. I'm still plated in Ontario (yes I know, I need BC plates) and don't want the hassle.

pwp type-s 05-26-2009 02:44 PM

i think they look for modded cars to pull over. it happend to me 3 years ago where they had a roadblock just for modified cars and it was at 5pm. i had no front plates, exhaust, tinted windows and i only got a ticket for tinted windows.

ilvtofu 05-26-2009 03:13 PM

Will/do they have any cruisers parked around richmond night market area? I usually see some good money to be made there.

icemiko 05-26-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 6438337)
Will/do they have any cruisers parked around richmond night market area? I usually see some good money to be made there.

The cops are always in the night market walking around or sitting in their car.

Adsdeman 05-26-2009 03:50 PM

Thats like asking y my 18 year old drug dealing friend drives a brand new suv with 20" rims, and wounders y he always gets pulled over on a daily basis!!!

kookoobird88 05-26-2009 05:03 PM

i actaully just got pulled over 20 min ago
ghost car was following me down 25th heading west all the way to macdonald
then it turned it sirens on
officer chick was like checking out my car for something in specific it seemed. the other guy just assumed i was a new driver i am even though i have had my N for 4 years lol. he asked all the regular Q's and for papers etc

then i asked if it was a warning or what , then he said No and just left and told me to have a good day and what not

taylor192 05-27-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kookoobird88 (Post 6438478)
then i asked if it was a warning or what , then he said No and just left and told me to have a good day and what not

I'd politely ask for their names and badge numbers.

I'm 30yo, and other than Ontario plates, my car is legal. Its not too low, not loud at all (I like my music, not the drone of a muffler), and I don't drive like an idiot (anymore, I'm too old).

!Yaminashi 05-27-2009 09:01 AM

This is why I'm glad I have the OEM slightly modified look

taylor192 05-27-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft (Post 6439426)
This is why I'm glad I have the OEM slightly modified look

aka clean
aka boring :p

:D

TOPEC 05-27-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 6440438)
aka clean
aka boring :p

:D

aka STOCK! hahaha

sonick 05-28-2009 08:37 AM

lol saw a lowered/chrome rimmed Chevy Astro Van pulled over there over the weekend.

dark0821 05-28-2009 11:54 AM

... but my car is slammed.. and bodykitted.. and has a fartcan.. lol.. just glad i dun see myself in the hall of shame yet

InvisibleSoul 05-28-2009 01:59 PM

Yeah, they like camping on that on ramp.

They got me like two years ago for the most retarded ticket ever.

I was going southbound on Shell to the onramp, so it's a right curve. I took it at speed, I'm thinking 30-35kmph, which would be faster than the average driver.

So the cop was standing there, and waves me over. I have a completely stock Yaris. I guess since there was nothing else he could give me a ticket for, he issues me one for "unnecessary noise". What noise is that? It was the sound of rubber gripping pavement. Not a high pitch screeching of wheels losing grip, but the low pitch gripping sound.

That was so BS.

The MVA says the noise must be "unnecessary and loud". Obviously "loud" is up for interpretation. Just because the cop claims he heard it, it was sufficient. I fought the ticket, and the judge would only reduce the fine to the minimum, but wouldn't throw it out.

What was funny was that the while the cop was talking to me, he says he's seen 200 cars turning onto the onramp and not a single one went as fast as me. Like five seconds later, another car comes around the curve quicker than average, and he gets pulled over too.

albert116 05-28-2009 02:20 PM

^

Jesus, that's just fucking retarded man.

Just because they are cops they think they can give out tickets at will, for the dumbest reasons... What a bunch of BS.

InvisibleSoul 05-28-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albert116 (Post 6441369)
^

Jesus, that's just fucking retarded man.

Just because they are cops they think they can give out tickets at will, for the dumbest reasons... What a bunch of BS.

I even called the officer up the next day to discuss it with him. He even agreed with me that it was not a high-pitch screeching tire noise that he heard, but rather the low-pitch yawwing sound of the tire rolling over onto it's sidewall a bit.

But he still argued that the ticket was legitimate. Even the officers here on RS said that usually the "unnecessary noise" ticket is given to people revving their engines or chirping their tires off the line, or stuff like that. Unnecessary noise ticket for tire gripping sound, and it was right beside the highway, not on a quiet residential street or whatever. Still can't believe such BS.

sonick 05-28-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 6441462)
I even called the officer up the next day to discuss it with him. He even agreed with me that it was not a high-pitch screeching tire noise that he heard, but rather the low-pitch yawwing sound of the tire rolling over onto it's sidewall a bit.

But he still argued that the ticket was legitimate. Even the officers here on RS said that usually the "unnecessary noise" ticket is given to people revving their engines or chirping their tires off the line, or stuff like that. Unnecessary noise ticket for tire gripping sound, and it was right beside the highway, not on a quiet residential street or whatever. Still can't believe such BS.

Are you gonna dispute it? Ask the cop how fast he thought you were going, go back to that ramp (when there are no cops), and have somebody record you doing the exact same speed on that ramp with audio, and present it as evidence to the court lol. That is assuming you were going at a legal speed.

Let the judge decide if it how loud/quiet it was and if they think its enough reason for a ticket.

albert116 05-28-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 6441462)

that fucker's trying to rape you in the ass.

definitely dispute it. i can't believe i am actually reading this. that officer needs to give his head a shake.

InvisibleSoul 05-28-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 6441468)
Are you gonna dispute it? Ask the cop how fast he thought you were going, go back to that ramp (when there are no cops), and have somebody record you doing the exact same speed on that ramp with audio, and present it as evidence to the court lol. That is assuming you were going at a legal speed.

Let the judge decide if it how loud/quiet it was and if they think its enough reason for a ticket.

This was actually a couple years ago, but I brought it up because it was the exact same location that the OP was talking about.

I thought about doing what you said, but I didn't think it was worth the effort for the $109 ticket, and also I thought that the judge would have some backbone after hearing the story and throw my ticket out... but in the end he only reduced it down to the minimum, which was $50.

taylor192 05-29-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul (Post 6441343)
Yeah, they like camping on that on ramp.

Good to know, I'll take the Bridgeport Rd ramp instead since I have the choice of either from my work.