REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 05-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Purple Civic hatch, RCMP @ onramp to 99 from shell rd.

Sorry you got pulled over, I was right behind you, glad I made it through.

If you're on here, why are the RCMP pulling cars over there?

This was a purple civic hatch, slammed, black wheels, no front plate, massive body kit, fart can and was loud.
Advertisement
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
why are the RCMP pulling cars over there?

This was a purple civic hatch, slammed, black wheels, no front plate, massive body kit, fart can and was loud.
Sounds like you've answered your own question
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
lol, I already see a couple infractions that this person would be ticketed for.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
LOL...I wonder why...
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

I was more worried about why the RCMP has been parked there a few times now. I'm still plated in Ontario (yes I know, I need BC plates) and don't want the hassle.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
I don't get it

i think they look for modded cars to pull over. it happend to me 3 years ago where they had a roadblock just for modified cars and it was at 5pm. i had no front plates, exhaust, tinted windows and i only got a ticket for tinted windows.
pwp type-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Will/do they have any cruisers parked around richmond night market area? I usually see some good money to be made there.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Will/do they have any cruisers parked around richmond night market area? I usually see some good money to be made there.
The cops are always in the night market walking around or sitting in their car.
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:50 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Thats like asking y my 18 year old drug dealing friend drives a brand new suv with 20" rims, and wounders y he always gets pulled over on a daily basis!!!
Adsdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
I bringith the lowerballerith

i actaully just got pulled over 20 min ago
ghost car was following me down 25th heading west all the way to macdonald
then it turned it sirens on
officer chick was like checking out my car for something in specific it seemed. the other guy just assumed i was a new driver i am even though i have had my N for 4 years lol. he asked all the regular Q's and for papers etc

then i asked if it was a warning or what , then he said No and just left and told me to have a good day and what not

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoobird88 View Post
then i asked if it was a warning or what , then he said No and just left and told me to have a good day and what not
I'd politely ask for their names and badge numbers.

I'm 30yo, and other than Ontario plates, my car is legal. Its not too low, not loud at all (I like my music, not the drone of a muffler), and I don't drive like an idiot (anymore, I'm too old).
Old 05-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #12
How I Mod your mother

This is why I'm glad I have the OEM slightly modified look
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
This is why I'm glad I have the OEM slightly modified look
aka clean
aka boring

Old 05-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #14
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
aka clean
aka boring

aka STOCK! hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:37 AM   #15
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
lol saw a lowered/chrome rimmed Chevy Astro Van pulled over there over the weekend.
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,048 Times in 551 Posts
... but my car is slammed.. and bodykitted.. and has a fartcan.. lol.. just glad i dun see myself in the hall of shame yet
dark0821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #17
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Yeah, they like camping on that on ramp.

They got me like two years ago for the most retarded ticket ever.

I was going southbound on Shell to the onramp, so it's a right curve. I took it at speed, I'm thinking 30-35kmph, which would be faster than the average driver.

So the cop was standing there, and waves me over. I have a completely stock Yaris. I guess since there was nothing else he could give me a ticket for, he issues me one for "unnecessary noise". What noise is that? It was the sound of rubber gripping pavement. Not a high pitch screeching of wheels losing grip, but the low pitch gripping sound.

That was so BS.

The MVA says the noise must be "unnecessary and loud". Obviously "loud" is up for interpretation. Just because the cop claims he heard it, it was sufficient. I fought the ticket, and the judge would only reduce the fine to the minimum, but wouldn't throw it out.

What was funny was that the while the cop was talking to me, he says he's seen 200 cars turning onto the onramp and not a single one went as fast as me. Like five seconds later, another car comes around the curve quicker than average, and he gets pulled over too.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

^

Jesus, that's just fucking retarded man.

Just because they are cops they think they can give out tickets at will, for the dumbest reasons... What a bunch of BS.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #19
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert116 View Post
^

Jesus, that's just fucking retarded man.

Just because they are cops they think they can give out tickets at will, for the dumbest reasons... What a bunch of BS.
I even called the officer up the next day to discuss it with him. He even agreed with me that it was not a high-pitch screeching tire noise that he heard, but rather the low-pitch yawwing sound of the tire rolling over onto it's sidewall a bit.

But he still argued that the ticket was legitimate. Even the officers here on RS said that usually the "unnecessary noise" ticket is given to people revving their engines or chirping their tires off the line, or stuff like that. Unnecessary noise ticket for tire gripping sound, and it was right beside the highway, not on a quiet residential street or whatever. Still can't believe such BS.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #20
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
I even called the officer up the next day to discuss it with him. He even agreed with me that it was not a high-pitch screeching tire noise that he heard, but rather the low-pitch yawwing sound of the tire rolling over onto it's sidewall a bit.

But he still argued that the ticket was legitimate. Even the officers here on RS said that usually the "unnecessary noise" ticket is given to people revving their engines or chirping their tires off the line, or stuff like that. Unnecessary noise ticket for tire gripping sound, and it was right beside the highway, not on a quiet residential street or whatever. Still can't believe such BS.
Are you gonna dispute it? Ask the cop how fast he thought you were going, go back to that ramp (when there are no cops), and have somebody record you doing the exact same speed on that ramp with audio, and present it as evidence to the court lol. That is assuming you were going at a legal speed.

Let the judge decide if it how loud/quiet it was and if they think its enough reason for a ticket.
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #21
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:

that fucker's trying to rape you in the ass.

definitely dispute it. i can't believe i am actually reading this. that officer needs to give his head a shake.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #22
The RS Freebie guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Are you gonna dispute it? Ask the cop how fast he thought you were going, go back to that ramp (when there are no cops), and have somebody record you doing the exact same speed on that ramp with audio, and present it as evidence to the court lol. That is assuming you were going at a legal speed.

Let the judge decide if it how loud/quiet it was and if they think its enough reason for a ticket.
This was actually a couple years ago, but I brought it up because it was the exact same location that the OP was talking about.

I thought about doing what you said, but I didn't think it was worth the effort for the $109 ticket, and also I thought that the judge would have some backbone after hearing the story and throw my ticket out... but in the end he only reduced it down to the minimum, which was $50.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Yeah, they like camping on that on ramp.
Good to know, I'll take the Bridgeport Rd ramp instead since I have the choice of either from my work.