REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Is it too late to learn how to skate?

I use to skate but as i grew up i dropped it. So my question is, being 21 now is it too late to learn how to skate and become a good skater. Where would you learn to skate is there classes out there.
Advertisement
RenoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

my friend started to ice skate last year....hes 29.

There are skating lessons out there, but jump into a public skate first. U said you used to skate, so it might just come back to you. If thats the case, no need for lessons. But if need so, there are adult classes i know in richmond. If you don't require it, then take power skating sessions....that will bring your skating to the next level. A lot of people here will recommend it and have good experiences with it. I used to do power skating when i was involved in minor hockey as well.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
I was a terrible skater as a kid and never played hockey. Didnt really ever skate other than badly at public skating when I was a little kid.

fast forward to when I was 23, I spent a winter playing pond hockey and by the end of the winter I could skate well enough to keep up with quicker games. The year after, people would ask me how long I played hockey for. 3 years later, Im playing drop-in shinny and could probably play lower teir beer league and not suck

so to answer your question, no its not too late to learn how to skate
Old 05-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
me 24 and my buddy 28 started skating last year for the first time ever cause we joined a beer league. and we were the fastest skaters on the team and were both top 5 in scoring in the league. so anyone can learn at anytime
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #5
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Just be ready to put time into it and it sucks at first so don't be discouraged

what might help is why you want to get back into skating?
Is it for Hockey? cause if that's so skate around for a few weeks or a month and then go to power skating .

i wish i went to power skating. makes you a much better skater.

GL
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #6
I'm Keroppi's Girlfriend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 View Post
I use to skate but as i grew up i dropped it. So my question is, being 21 now is it too late to learn how to skate and become a good skater. Where would you learn to skate is there classes out there.
never too late
some of the women in my hockey teams didnt learn to skate or play hockey until they are over 40
Keroleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroleen View Post
never too late
some of the women in my hockey teams didnt learn to skate or play hockey until they are over 40

So true exactly....who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Okay, that was bad...i'll shut up now.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote