REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-26-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,026 Times in 201 Posts
*BUYER BEWARE* craiglsist RX7 **READ**

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1186982425.html

Ok so heres the story..

This is my friend maxims old car, which was mint when he owned it..

i see it pop up on craigs so i instantly get the guys number and call him..he said the bumper is damaged, needs wheel alignment, and has a flat spot on the rim. also the drivers door does not open

So i go to look at the car.. its deep into mission, in a trailer park, and i look at the car, the entire bumper is strait fucked up, paint is just terrible, all the clearcoat is bubbling and peeling off, needs a entire paint job, needs new headlights, new signals (smashed and broken) new side markers on the front, ill go over a full list later....

so... i made a offer of 2700 and he seemed to be ok with it.. and then came the paper work... he didnt have the registration under his own name, and said he lost it. (I think he didnt ever transfer it into his name in the first place) So basically i went all the way back to north delta with no car..car may be stolen or somthing, it was really fishy.. before i left, i told him ill give him 2600 if he can come up with the paper work tomorrow, and to just get one printed out (costs 18 bucks) but he insisted he would find the one he had in his house...

so i called him today (day after) ....still has NOT got the registration and said its in his house somewhere.. and insists he will find it tonight... then the phone got disconnected out of nowhere randomly and he didnt call me back, so i called him and he said he couldnt hear me for a while but then he said he could out of nowhere.... and we talked a bit more....

fishy thing about that is i don't see why he would have not found it last night if he KNEW i was supposed to be picking it up today, and whats wrong with spending 20 bucks to get a registration to sell your car?

I told him to find it now or go to the insurance place and he said hes too busy and has a dinner to go to... anyways.. sketchy as hell, he ignored my calls and message i left him for the rest of the night and replyed to my friends emails i got them to send...

i made a list for you guys in case anybody else wants to take the risk ( im NOT going to buy it)

OK THE BREAKDOWN!

Never test drove it (in the top CORNER of trailer park..) so..

-Not sure of the clutch condition.. defenatly revs like a stock clutch, not the twin plate (used to have one)
-No 2 way LSD (used to have one) i dont know what Rear end is in there
-Not sure if the Coilovers are blown (because of the condition of the front end and how haggard it was, they may be )
-has a pretty bad Vaccume leak on lower intake
-Needs a tune on the microtech
-Needs a FULL paint job badly, clear coat peeling everywhere and half the car is a diffrent color then the rest
-Needs a new jdm passenger mirror
-Needs new headlights, front bumper, side markers, and minor body work
-rear Rim has been curbed, and has a flat spot.. needs repair
-drivers door does not open
-Glove box does not stay closed
-Needs wheel alignment, he said it pulls to the right..

***there was a good 1-2 liters of Coolant missing—could have been from sitting..but i DOUBT it, the E-fan swich is manual so he probably overheated it or the last owner did from beating on it so hard

***Lots of blowby from oil system, oil catch can (a 550ml bottle) was full to the TOP (from 2000 kms of driving)

***Worried about the gas that’s been running the car for the last 8 months (guy was for sure not putting 94 in it)

***worried how it was NEVER pre-mixed for 2,000kms (and OMP is blocked off) and clearly it has been beat on judging by the condition of when i saw it from when maxim had it. Looks like a trashed jdm drift beater thats been sitting for years

*if you buy, Instantly you will need

-a new front bumper

-Headlights , signals, motors etc

-both front sidemarkers (broken)

-a microtech tune

-Vaccume leak fixed

-mirrors (one is hanging and some1 put rubber cement to try to fix it.. so its all over the paint)

-drivers door needs fixing unless you want to jump into the passengers side everytime you get in the car..handle is snapped off completley from the inside, does not work from the outside either

-wiring issue with the sub, when you turn the blinkers the subs pound and
random the cd player randomly turns on..

-May need a motor, unknown condition and all of the circumstances lead me to beilive it could not be lasting too long

BUYER BEWARE...............it does have some goodies but if you buy it w/o the proper regi and get pulled over (which you will the way it looks with the bumper) you could be in possesion of possibly stolen property and be in some serious trouble.. i got the vin number written down if anybody wants it..

good parts include microtech lt10, cusco coilovers (may be blown), kakimoto racing rims and a racing beat stainless cat back.

Cheers and spread the word..
Advertisement
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
TurboFC3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

For the price that sounds like a good fixer-upper to be honest, even if all that stuff is broken and needs replacing. Hopefully he can get the registration.
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #3

yeah it was once a mint shell though.. if the engine goes in that thing, it will be garbage and only useful for parts. Forgot to mention its right hand drive also but you can tell from the pictures.

-Collin
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Old 05-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #4
Circle Stick Square Mod

holy crap if its the way you described it, it must have been in horrible condition ...

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 AM   #5

yes it is...... it may have the parts in it and all.. but seriously, if you saw this thing in person you would be repulsed lol, it has the FC2000 bumper on it my friend dropped $1200 on got it brand new, its the one with the sleek headlight kit, but its destroyed completley, along with one of the headlights a lil bit (cracked the plastic cover)

you will need a whole pop up light assemb. with light housings, new bulbs, will need to be re wired, and need the brackets and all + motors for the headlights as soon as u buy it
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Old 05-27-2009, 12:29 AM   #6
Banned By Establishment

In terms of the condition, can't really say anything about it cause honestly you get what you pay for. But the part where he doesnt have the regsitration or not willing to get a new registration printed is shady and buyers should be aware of it.
iamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:56 AM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Was he a big guy?

Name Tom?
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #8
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
is there a way to check with the police to see if it's stolen using the VIN you have recorded?
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #9
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Wow you spent a lot of energy to get this car, if he really wanted to sell it he would go find his damn papers. Hopefully people here are not stupid enough to buy a car without a proper transfer, you can't even get insurance w/o it haha.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

What
A
Piece

D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonBoy View Post
really?.. some reason im afraid of taking shits after ghost movies.. i always think about what if a ghost's hand came out of the toilet and grabbed my nuts or stuck its hand in my ass -___________-.... i mean if it came outa the mirror id have reaction time to run but the toilets.. thats a pretty good blind spot to sneak up on people from -_____- ...
metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #11

No his name is GORDON.. and the registration he had was under the name of Loren or Lauren or something along those lines.. i dont know if hes looking for a sucker or something, because he ignored my calls and emails yesterday and i got my friends to call and email him and he replied with the same email he sent me basically, and said hes "making appointments" loll.. feel sorry for those people, i phoned my insurance lady and she said she couldn't check it because of breach of security or privacy.. so sombody would have to do a car fax or something along the lines of that im guessing. I would do a lien search while your at it.... LOL he assured me there is no liens for the car but im not so sure of that

VIN: FC3S-249454
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Old 05-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFC3S View Post
No his name is GORDON.. and the registration he had was under the name of Loren or Lauren or something along those lines..
VIN: FC3S-249454
:O

*cough*... metal... is that you? XD
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #13
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Nope. Way off =]

I talked to the guy last night, and he only gave me half the shit that turbo's got listed up there. Didn't sound very keen on selling me the car, though I did mention I had an fb, so he probably thought I would know what was wrong with it.

That car used to be pure fucking sex on wheels. In it's previous condition, THAT was the reason I wanted a red FC. Poor car =[

btw, it says the vin is too short...

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!

Last edited by Inaii; 05-27-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
Nope. Way off =]

I talked to the guy last night, and he only gave me half the shit that turbo's got listed up there. Didn't sound very keen on selling me the car, though I did mention I had an fb, so he probably thought I would know what was wrong with it.

That car used to be pure fucking sex on wheels. In it's previous condition, THAT was the reason I wanted a red FC. Poor car =[

btw, it says the vin is too short...

yeah its cuz its not the bc vin.. i dont think it needed a bc vin, it wont work on most online searches ull need 2 go to icbc lol i got a email from him tonite saying he will have the regi ready saturday.. wtf.. clearly was not under his name then..and hes trying to get it transfered or somthing
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #15
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
ya, after a while they stopped issuing BC vins to imported cars. mine wasn't issued one eiter, i still have my JDM FC3S VIN#

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #16

yeah they stopped issuing bc vins 2 years ago lol, if u bring your paperwork into a random insurance place to REGISTER a jdm they always ask for the 17 digit bc vin still tho..noobs
68 Plymouth Barracuda
03 Custom Chopper
Old 05-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #17

Thanked 2,064 Times in 555 Posts
wow.. man.. thats some shady stuff.. but hel thinkin on the condition.. it probably have a bad clutch master and clutch slave by now...and brake master as wel..i heard they go pretty easily when you beat on the old RX-7s
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #18
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
I have actually been looking at FCs recently and theres not much u can get for $3000, Pretty disappointed, there aren't ne in good enough condition even for $4000
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #19
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
I know fc10a3 is trying to sell his 10ae. Can't recall how much for though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:56 PM   #20
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

such a waste.what the car used to look like.
glh-fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:43 PM   #21

Thanked 2,064 Times in 555 Posts
damn.. it looked goooooooooood
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote