REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 05-28-2009, 03:08 AM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Question is this true?

any girls who agree/disagree with this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVGbsMDlPlg

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:46 AM   #2

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
funny video...

Female friends...yes, it tends to make your target feels more comfortable to be with. Imagine you only hang out with male friends, chicks will usually stay away.

Compliments, yes, but not too much, or something that doesn't exist. Saying "hey, you have a nice big butt" is NOT a compliment to honger girls with no ass

jokes...yes, but don't try too hard. No racist, blonde, milf, JB, shakespeare jokes

center of attention and play with kids...I am not sure about that.

LOL @ robbing the woman behind him and say thank you

Home owner...it depends, I would say chicks dig car owners more.

YES, women are attracted to men who smell OR dressing style like their dad.
My gf/exs get turn on when I wear tie and business suit..they think I look/act like their dad
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:21 AM   #3
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
There are a lot of truths behind this video, as well as some things that are overrepresented and/or over exaggerated--just from personal experience anyways.
The key behind attraction is, (as I see it) value. Something must be worth pursuing about your SO that makes you attracted to her, and vice versa. Example, maybe she has a nice body (which is value--value is anything worth pursuing for), or maybe she has just the right personality you're looking for.

Female friends, yes definitely. This is social proof. It's the same thing for just about anybody. For example, you're looking for tickets to a Friday evening lounge event. When given a choice, you'd probably go to a big time club promoter who knows thousands of people over a newbie with a small social circle.
It's not necessary to be the center of attention, but in most situations, it does help. It might not make her directly attracted to you, but as social animals, we tend to want to associate ourselves with the alpha (i.e. the most social of the social)--it is after association that she will or will not find your qualities attractive.

Compliments work and don't work. If you're going to be kiss-ass about it, then you might as well tell her "Hi my name is Joe and I want to have sex with you by the end of the month."
Complimenting, I've found out, works best when they are unique. I told a girl once that she and her friend look like gumdrops (they were dressed in different colors that night). A weird, grotesque thing to compliment, to say the least, but it was also a "stimulating thing to say", according to her.

Giving her all your attention. When you're out with her, yes.
If she barely knows you, no. If she barely knows you, and you're treating her like the bell of the ball, then she will find you a) easy b)creepy c) both.
If it's something more intimate like a first date, then yes, you do want to give her your attention (or at least make her feel that way). Because hey, everybody's favorite topic is themselves.

Pay for a meal--not a fan of paying for everything, but I don't mind paying when the time comes.
Don't come across as cheap, but don't be kiss-ass either. That's my philosophy.

Kids: Again, this shows social proof. If you can get along with anybody, regardless of age, gender, race, and anything else that distinguishes you from that person, then you have that value as an easy-going, social person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post

Home owner...it depends, I would say chicks dig car owners more.
I think the homeowners bit has a definite underlying message to it (i.e. overrepresented).
You don't need to have a glamorous lifestyle, a high-pay job, drive an exotic car, or own a mansion to show value. Sure, it does show that you're a successful person and you're well-off in your life, but a guy that has everything is boring.
However, owning a home/car does mean that you are able to support yourself; and to most women, that's a form of value.
It also shows ambition and passion imo, but that's going way too much into the details.

Quote:
YES, women are attracted to men who smell OR dressing style like their dad.
My gf/exs get turn on when I wear tie and business suit..they think I look/act like their dad
I don't know about this one personally, but I've come across a news article/research about this too.

Quote:
LOL @ robbing the woman behind him and say thank you
I 'd at that one too

-Physixx
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:26 AM   #4

meeting of minds is important too...you don't want to go out with someone who only talks about her reglion or experience when you are not interested in that.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
VLS Barista Brat

...Aren't you both guys?
Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

^ haha
kwanzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
VLS Barista Brat

Ok, well this is a girl's take:

Female friends - not always going to work in your favour. Girls are jealous of other girls, it's just a fact.

Compliments - yes, but don't overdo it. Overdoing it screams "I'm desperate and horny"

Jokes - not until you know what her sense of humor's like. Otherwise you risk crossing too many lines that you didn't even know were there.

Center of attention - we like to know you're focused on us. We can tell if you're faking it. Well okay maybe not all of us.

Kids - Not all women want kids. Some might get extremely freaked out if you start talking about how much you loooooooooooooove kids.

Getting the bill - IMHO the person doing the asking should be the one to pick up the bill. If she decides to chip in, it's up to you if you want to let her.

Can't comment on the dad thing, but if they're talking about strong, positive male figures in a woman's life, it's likely they'll look for similar qualities.

Home owner - depends. Yes, it'd be nice if they had a place of their own, but if it's disgusting, then um. Yeah, I'm not a maid.

Working out/muscles/blah - Overly muscled guys are not attractive. That is all.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #8
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
Ok, well this is a girl's take:

Female friends - not always going to work in your favour. Girls are jealous of other girls, it's just a fact.
if girls are jealous of other girls

wouldnt it work in favour for the guy?
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #9
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
uhh jealously is a good thing.

it works the other way around too.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
...Aren't you both guys?
we are just speaking from experience...
I guess normal guys will have difficulty to get along with you.