REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Moving out for the first time. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/577471-moving-out-first-time.html)

chileanwinehous 05-29-2009 10:01 PM

Moving out for the first time.

Its been nice living with my 2 parents and 3 brothers for the last 27 years. I always had someone to talk to and always got help when It was needed and I didn't even have to ask. In tough times like these its great to have a family support system where everyone contributes for a comfortable less stressful life (if you get along with them). I almost feel like im betraying my family by leaving them, I almost want to cry. I found a great basement suit to start my new journey located near 22nd st sky train station. Reason for leaving I just got married. Its funny because After I got married my wife and I stayed with my family for 1 year with no issues. We found out 6 months ago we were having a baby (boy) and now I feel I need to make a home and take care of my new family even tho Im so attached to my immediate family.

Well, most of you probably went out and bought a place right off the bat. I need to save for a down payment and thank goodness I have been good with my credit history (780 Fico score woohoo!) or I would be a renter for life. Can you believe my family and I have been renting in Canada since we landed here in 1986, we could have owned a house or two by now. I needed to get this off my chest and I hope there is someone out there that went through the same thing. Did it work out?

Well.. wish me luck.:)

johny 05-29-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

most of you probably went out and bought a place right off the bat
LOL I doubt it.

I'm still saving for a downpayment. I don't know what the different credit scores are, but I found out my beacon score today, and it's over 780 :D

chileanwinehous 05-29-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johny (Post 6443610)
LOL I doubt it.

I'm still saving for a downpayment. I don't know what the different credit scores are, but I found out my beacon score today, and it's over 780 :D

nice! 780 and above a excellent!:thumbsup:

El Bastardo 05-30-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chileanwinehous (Post 6443558)
I almost feel like im betraying my family by leaving them, I almost want to cry. I found a great basement suit to start my new journey located near 22nd st sky train station. Reason for leaving I just got married. Its funny because After I got married my wife and I stayed with my family for 1 year with no issues. We found out 6 months ago we were having a baby (boy) and now I feel I need to make a home and take care of my new family even tho Im so attached to my immediate family.
Well.. wish me luck.:)

Grats bro. You did it the right way. You have no reason to feel guilty because you've got your own family to take care of. I'm sure your parents and brothers will understand.

Although it doesn't sound like you need it; good luck!

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-30-2009 05:09 AM

soon when you gain the privacy to walk around naked and do whatever you please, your old home will become nothing but a fond memory.

asian_XL 05-30-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 6443907)
soon when you gain the privacy to walk around naked and do whatever you please, your old home will become nothing but a fond memory.

not until 4 months later, when he has a baby in the house.

!SG 05-30-2009 09:15 AM

congrats. its a huge step in ur life to move out on ur own!

and no, not everyone can afford to move out on their own, especially now. studies say actual take home pay is less than what our parents had when u factor the cost of living compared to income amount now compared to say 30 years ago.

but if you are married, you and your wife combined should get u a much better pre approved mortgage rate.

Good luck with the baby and everything!

When i first moved out, i literally slept in a sleeping bag and an inflatable mattress for a good 5 months. haha, you factor in the amount for the place, but never calculate right for the amount needed for furnishing...

chileanwinehous 05-31-2009 11:44 PM

Im in my new place. Boxes everywhere. I feel restless, empty. Maybe cleaning and setting up my new furniture will help. Something strange happened that my wife and I can't explain. My computer speakers were off, we went to take a shower together. When we returned the speakers were on with the volume turned all the way up with a buzzing noise.

Living with my family all these years Ive learned to keep to keep my voice to avoided waking my brother up. Ive caught myself whispering to my wife. Its funny because I have a problem with speaking loud in public and I'm told I mumble and speak to softly. I guess that's what years of keeping my voice down will do to me.

Tomorrow I will speak loud and proud. I will walk on my heels instead of my toes. I will walk to through my kitchen with only my sox on. I will not tell my wife to keep her voice down when I tickle her yahoo.

I will keep you updated on the(i hate to say it) possible haunting......

Ch28 06-01-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chileanwinehous (Post 6446185)
Im in my new place. Boxes everywhere. I feel restless, empty. Maybe cleaning and setting up my new furniture will help. Something strange happened that my wife and I can't explain. My computer speakers were off, we went to take a shower together. When we returned the speakers were on with the volume turned all the way up with a buzzing noise.

I will keep you updated on the(i hate to say it) possible haunting......

:eek:

fuckkkkkk that

time to move out (again)

there's no possible way speakers can turn on by themselves considering you and your wife were showering together

chileanwinehous 06-01-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 6446248)
:eek:

fuckkkkkk that

time to move out (again)

there's no possible way speakers can turn on by themselves considering you and your wife were showering together

it is strange but Can't even think of moving just yet. We slept without a problem and we didn't hear any bumps in the night (just my wife's gas). There was a desk left behind with some neat stuff inside:

Mp3 player/usb
Old shockwave cd player
a ton of copied movies
a new brita water filter
a piece of paper with a password

ended up that the password was for the wireless internet. it didnt take long for me to figure it out. It said: int. *********. So now Im hooked up for free and hope it will last.

what the hell was that noise?

q0192837465 06-01-2009 03:38 PM

congrats on ur new life. I'm sure u'll get full support from everyone. I'm sure ur parents are very proud that u can spread ur wings & fly

Shun Izaki 06-02-2009 10:58 AM

I just bought a new condo too...

the only thing i can't really stand is other people in the house (who are trusted) that walk around and stuff when you're home...

oh well, i have a new room-mate XD

orange7 06-02-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jun Kitami (Post 6448229)
I just bought a new condo too...

the only thing i can't really stand is other people in the house (who are trusted) that walk around and stuff when you're home...

oh well, i have a new room-mate XD

female or male room mate?

Gumby 06-03-2009 10:46 AM

chileanwinehous, sounds like you've got your priorities straight, a good head on your shoulders, and a good sense of humour to boot. Congrats! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by asian_XL (Post 6443980)
not until 4 months later, when he has a baby in the house.

Apart from my wife & I, we also have a 14 month old boy in the house. I walk around naked all the time - especially in this weather! Although you're right - I can't do whatever I want whenever I want... :(

wouwou 06-03-2009 11:28 AM

so far no one has asked the Q so I am gonna do it.

How did you get the girl to marry you with you are living with your parents? :)

Congrats on moving out, what ulic said is true, the freedom is great

saucywoman 06-03-2009 12:21 PM

^^ not all women care about things like that. I know the majority of girls are materialistic but please remember that there are girls out there who don't care if you live at home or don't have a vehicle.

6793026 06-03-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucywoman (Post 6449991)
^^ not all women care about things like that. I know the majority of girls are materialistic but please remember that there are girls out there who don't care if you live at home or don't have a vehicle.

as much as this is true, it's rare.
Chris rock once said (summary) once you start dating a guy with a car, you'll be like, heck no, i ain't dating a guy where i have to take public transit; or you date someone that doesn't live at home.. and now you're like. heck no... i'm only date mature guys that has a new apartment so i dont' have to fook in their parent's house....

it's so true.

saucywoman 06-03-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6450018)
as much as this is true, it's rare.
Chris rock once said (summary) once you start dating a guy with a car, you'll be like, heck no, i ain't dating a guy where i have to take public transit; or you date someone that doesn't live at home.. and now you're like. heck no... i'm only date mature guys that has a new apartment so i dont' have to fook in their parent's house....

it's so true.

I have my own car so I don't care if my guy has his own car, at least a valid license is good enough. I have my own place (rented) so we can stay at my place if they lived with their parents.

billboa 06-09-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucywoman (Post 6450198)
I have my own car so I don't care if my guy has his own car, at least a valid license is good enough. I have my own place (rented) so we can stay at my place if they lived with their parents.

sounds good

lets do this

Noir 06-09-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billboa (Post 6458096)
sounds good

lets do this

Hahaha

Shun Izaki 06-09-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saucywoman (Post 6449991)

why waste money at that time. That was my thing, i was 17, and my ex moved in with me for 3 years at my parents house.

This guy's a bit older, but meh... no big deal.

maxxxboost 06-09-2009 06:20 PM

Congradulations.
Hope the people upstairs are not noisy or you'll be up taking care of the baby all night!

Leopold Stotch 06-09-2009 06:32 PM

Congrats! it's about time

personally i dont' really find a need to move out until i get into a serious relationship. i get a LOT of space at home.

after i pay off my car, my mom's made me promise her to pay Rent and her plan is to give the money back when i'm ready to buy a home, sound good to me.

Gumby 06-10-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakeTech (Post 6458562)
after i pay off my car, my mom's made me promise her to pay Rent and her plan is to give the money back when i'm ready to buy a home, sound good to me.

That's an interesting arrangement - just make sure she keeps her word! :p

dark0821 06-10-2009 11:23 AM

nicely done man.. best wishes.. nice nice xD