REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 06-01-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
[Confidential] When will I start feeling "Thats the one"

The following is an Anonymous submission from a Revscene member. If the OP would like to respond to anything said in this thread, please PM me.

When do guys start feeling that they are with the girl who's "the one"? Now I know it's different for everyone so I'm asking for what YOU think or felt or feel.

I know I'm still young, just turned 23, have a gf I've been dating for almost 2 years. My gf seems pretty serious with me, attempted to talk about the future with me but I change the topic. She drops random questions to try to choke out some sigh of long-term commitment out of me. Just the other day she was asking me why I want to be with her and the outcome I'm seeking out of it. She was abit choked when I just said I wanted to be with her and went completely silent when I sorta indirectly said getting married and having kids isn't something I think about and won't for a long while.

She doesn't want to get married until shes 29 or so but I guess she's looking for some sort of commitment on my end. I'm not screwing around with my gf but I don't know if this is serious or not or what I really want out of this relationship. Will I feel different later on? When will I start feeling someone is "the one"? Insights please!

El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
I was still pursueing my dreams when I was 23, and my friend has 2 little kids already when he was 23. So don't keep telling yourself, "oh I have to get married before 30 or won't have kids until 35" Marriage is just an agreement to settle down, if you don't want to settle down that earlier, just tell her directly rather than letting her to guess what you are thinking. It tends to make the girls less secure and have a lot of hypothesis in their mind.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Probably when you couldn't imagine life without her
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

everyone is different like asian xl said above just depends on what you want in life
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I waited 6 years and lived with her first to be sure. I plan on being on the right end of the 50 percentile of marriages that don't work. married almost 5 years now, together for over 12 and although we have our rough patches the good times far outweigh the bad. I have friends that play the field quite a bit and sometimes envy them but at the end of the day without her I'd be seriously lost. I'll have to settle for living vicariously through some of my friends and the stories they have as far as what could have been if I decided to dabble a bit more.

On the subject of playing the field vs settling down I find it kind of funny. I had this conversation about a month ago with one of my best friend who is by all definitions of the word a player. Once in a while he'll tell me some of the funnier stories that happened or what he was up to without getting into to much detail. He was bitching about how he wishes he could just find one girl and settle down with her. I told him I wish I could be him for a month. He then went on to say he'd switch places with me in a second, he's like your set. No matter where on the fence you sit the grass always seems greener on the other side.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 06-01-2009 at 10:10 AM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

When you not just want, but feel that you NEED to make that person happy, and you wouldn't be unless they are too.

Sounds weird, but not really?

FS: CAVI/SUNFIRE ECOTEC 2.2L OEM ENGINE PARTS
(CAMS, HEAD, VALVE COVER, BLOCK, AIR BOX, ETC ETC)

FS: OEM CAVALIER/SUNFIRE SEATS - 9/10.[/SIZE]
BallPeenHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

you know she is "the one" when you are so sure that you have absolutley no doubt to think otherwise ...

.. or when you have no need to ask for other people's insight from the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
Peanut Butter Jelly with a Baseball Bat!

i honestly think you just know, no if ands or buts.

the whole 'you can't imagine life without them along with not being able to picture yourself with anyone but them' though cheesey, is true.

i think women in general tend to want to settle earlier due to the whole issue with the biological clock. those who are looking to settle in their 20's probably have a pretty good idea of what they want in life and just want to make sure they're not 'wasting their time' (so to speak) with someone who's not heading in the same direction with them.

if she's not cool with the fact that you aren't planning to settle down anytime soon, then maybe it's time for a talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
this aint mcdonalds, smiles aren't free.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
All Day, Err Day Mod

You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.

Feedback of 40-0-0

-kT: "No man get a ruler and look, 12cm is long!"
Nintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintensity View Post
You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.

deep.

+1

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #11
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I waited 6 years and lived with her first to be sure. I plan on being on the right end of the 50 percentile of marriages that don't work. married almost 5 years now, together for over 12 and although we have our rough patches the good times far outweigh the bad. I have friends that play the field quite a bit and sometimes envy them but at the end of the day without her I'd be seriously lost. I'll have to settle for living vicariously through some of my friends and the stories they have as far as what could have been if I decided to dabble a bit more.

On the subject of playing the field vs settling down I find it kind of funny. I had this conversation about a month ago with one of my best friend who is by all definitions of the word a player. Once in a while he'll tell me some of the funnier stories that happened or what he was up to without getting into to much detail. He was bitching about how he wishes he could just find one girl and settle down with her. I told him I wish I could be him for a month. He then went on to say he'd switch places with me in a second, he's like your set. No matter where on the fence you sit the grass always seems greener on the other side.
I liked your post. Wishing your marriage many years of happienss.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:50 AM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

you know she/he is the one when they bring out that little kid side out of you.

despite how old you are.
Hollyshiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #13
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

When she's pregnant.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

when there's no one else in this world that you'd rather be with (even if they are smokin hot super models) because the one you have understands you enough to be able to make you happy day in and out.
you know that no matter what, she'll always be by your side and down to be your partner in crime.
ceWEBrity is offline   Reply With Quote